| Additional Resources Accessories |
The Innovative Footrest from Aidata incorporates all the important aspects of an ergonomic foot rest into a simple, graceful design. The Innovative Footrest is available in two styles. The platform on model F-1002RG is covered with textured rubber to prevent footwear from slipping. For greater comfort, especially when used without footwear, Model FR-1002SG features a padded foam surface with a breathable mesh cover. Both models provide a large surface approximately 16" wide by 10.5" deep. The platform is also height-adjustable between 3.5", 4.5" & 5.5" high, and is non-locking to permit platform angle to freely tilt ±15° as desired.
Designed for durability, the frame, supports and platform are formed from sturdy, high-impact plastic. Rubber pads on the feet keep the foot rest in place beneath the desk, even during platform movement.
Note: As the platform adjusts freely throughout the available range and cannot be fixed at a specific angle, the Innovative Footrest is considered a "non-locking" foot rest.
Reduces Strain on Lower Thighs
- Circulation in the lower thighs and calves can be impeded when a person is sitting on a seatpan without sufficient support for the lower legs. The weight of the lower legs and feet can create a pinch point towards the front of the seatpan, and this can in turn reduce circulation to the lower legs, potentially leading to pain and fatigue. This often happens because the chair is too high. Foot rests like the Innovative Footrest help reduce this strain by supporting the feet on a raised platform, thereby allowing blood to circulate better throughout the legs and feet.
Reduces Strain on the Foot and Ankle
- Many office workers sit with one foot forward of the other, putting the foot into a position called plantar flexion. Plantar flexion shortens the muscles of the backs of the legs. Over time, sustained plantar flexion can cause the calf muscles to become tight and stiff which, in turn, can lead to a range of uncomfortable symptoms in the foot. The non-locking platform on the Innovative Footrest facilitates easy flexing of the ankles. This healthy movement at the joint can reduce strain caused by sustained plantar flexion, or sustained dorsiflexion. The frequent small movements also promote better circulation, helping to reduce the risk of blood clots and varicose veins.
Improves Upper Body Posture
- The Innovative Footrest provides a stable and supportive surface that encourages correct utilization of chair backrests rather than "perching" on the front edge of the seat. This improved posture can reduce the risk of upper back, shoulder and neck pain. The movement range of the Innovative Footrest ensures that even those of shorter stature can reap these benefits.
- Wide Range of Height Adjustment: The wide range of vertical adjustment offered by the Innovative Footrest makes it well-suited for most, even shorter individuals.
- Non-Locking, Tilting Platform: Encourages movement at the ankles and promotes circulation throughout the work day.
- Large Platform: The large 18" x 13.5" surface on the Innovative Foot Rest provides sufficient surface for larger feet.
- Two Surface Options: The Innovative Footrest is available in two models. The FR-1002 RG offers a non-slip rubberized surface with raised bumps that works well with or without footwear. More practical for use without footwear, the FR-1002SG features a foam cushion with a breathable mesh cover.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Innovative Foot Rest - Textured Rubber Surface
Innovative Foot Rest - Foam Cushion with Mesh Cover
Innovative Foot Rest - Showing Foot Platform Tilt
Innovative Foot Rest - Showing Foot Platform Height Adjustment
Innovative Foot Rest - Foam Cushioned Model
- Platform Dimensions: 18" (46 cm) Wide x 13.5" (34 cm) Deep
- Platform Surface Dimensions: 16" (41 cm) Wide x 10.5" (27 cm) Deep
- Platform Height Settings: 3.5" (9 cm), 4.5" (11.4cm), 5.5" (14 cm)
- Platform Tilt Range (at all heights): ±15°
- Colour: Black with Grey Accents
- Warranty: 90 days. Manufacturer Direct Only.
- Package Contents: Innovative Foot Rest
- Make an effort to determine your correct height. Ensure that your feet are supported at a height suitable to your position in the chair when you are sitting upright. You should be able to rest your feet on the footrest without tilting the chair forward or having to stretch for the footrest. Alternatively, it should not be too high as this can which can lift the thighs off the seatpan of the chair.
- Once your foot rest is correctly positioned make a point of sitting back in your chair and letting the backrest provide your back with the appropriate support. Not only is this good for the health of your back - it will also be more restful and has the potential to significantly reduce the risk of developing lower back pain due to poor posture. It may well also result in a more relaxed back, neck and shoulders with an accompanying reduction in end-of-day fatigue.
- After your chair and foot rest are correctly positioned ensure that appropriate adjustments are made to your monitor height. If you move from a "perching" posture to sitting back in your chair with correct upright posture you will most likely need to elevate your monitor since your head will be elevated and your line of sight will naturally follow suit.
- Flex your ankles and feet by taking advantage of the freely tilting platform. This encourages circulation in the feet and lower legs and may aid in reducing some of the health risks associated with static sitting.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|FR-1002RG|| Innovative Footrest, Rubber with Textured Bumps|
|FR-1002SG|| Innovative Footrest, Padded Foam with Mesh|