Can Reduce Strain on the Shoulder and Neck Muscles
- Most desk surfaces position the mouse and keyboard too high for average users. By dropping the keyboard and mouse roughly 4.25" below most surfaces they are better positioned to accommodate the ergonomic needs of a much larger group of people.
Positions Keyboard and Mouse within the "Comfort Zone"
- The Desk Clamp Keyboard Tray allows users to position both devices comfortably close to the body, and at the same level relative to each other. Keeping frequently used devices within the Comfort Zone allows the muscles of the upper body to remain relaxed and reduces the risk of overreach injuries. Learn More About the Comfort Zone.
Eliminates Potential Pressure on Wrists
- The gently curving "waterfall edge" eliminates any abrupt or sharp edges. The profiled "waterfall" edge of the tray gently drops away from the underside of the wrist and arm, eliminating virtually all potential for pressure points on the underside of the wrist. Eliminating these pressure points reduces the potential for restriction of blood flow and/or the development of related carpal tunnel issues.
Allows Reference Materials to be Placed Inline
- Adding the Desk Clamp Keyboard Tray to a workstation frees up space between the keyboard and monitor, allowing this area to be used for reference materials. Placing reference documents in line with the monitor(s) significantly reduces neck rotation and the resulting strain on the muscles of the neck and shoulders.
Encourages Correct Posture
- Using the Desk Clamp Keyboard Tray to better position the keyboard and mouse can reduce the need to lean forward from the waist, to perch on the edge of the chair, or to reach "up" to the keyboard and mouse. The user more easily adopts correct posture, with the shoulders back and relaxed, and can more readily take advantage of the lumbar support in the chair.
Enables Correct Viewing Distance
- The shallow depth of many modern desks can position the monitor(s) too close for comfortable viewing. In these circumstances the addition of the Desk Clamp Keyboard Tray can effectively provide up to 10" of additional space between the user and the screen. This can be of special benefit to those who employ large screens or multiple monitors. For these users, the additional distance is sufficient to greatly reduce the degree of neck rotation required to see the entire viewing area.