| Additional Resources Accessories |
The Desk Clamp Keyboard Trays from Aidata are simple and economic solutions for situations where a temporary or occasional use keyboard tray is required. Whether there is a need to improve the ergonomics of an improvised workstation, such as when working from home, or to even just quickly and temporarily adapt an existing worksurface that is too high for an individual, the Desk Clamp Keyboard Trays will ably meet the need. Constructed of high impact plastic these trays provide a rigid surface for both keyboard and mouse. They attach directly to the front of desk surfaces (up to 1.57" thick) and require 32" of open space for mounting. Sturdy steel clamp brackets (requiring 2.25" of surface) secure the trays firmly in place and glide rails in the underside of the tray permit virtually complete storage. On the single height version (KB-1010) the tray is positioned 4.25" below the surface of the desk or table and on a 1.5" thick surface will have approximately 2.75" of clearance between the underside of the desk top and the keyboard tray. The KB-3010 can be configured to 3 different fixed heights, 3.625", 4.375", and 5.125" below the surface, making it suitable for a wider range of individuals or for mobile applications where mounting surface heights may vary. If needed, changing the height can be done in a couple of minutes with a simple screwdriver. With both models, thinner desk tops will offer a correspondingly greater clearance.
The Desk Clamp Keyboard Tray surface is 27.5" wide and offers a 10.5" depth of flat surface for keyboard and mouse. The front 1.25" is an ergonomic "waterfall" edge designed to reduce the risk of pressure against the underside of the wrist. The rear of the tray has a low ridge to keep both keyboard and mouse from sliding off the rear of the tray. When stored about 1" of the front lip extends forward of the desk surface.
With a weight of just 5 lbs these trays are ideal for situations where an individual is traveling to workplaces that may not offer a keyboard tray but where the desk surface is too high to ensure proper ergonomics. Once initial assembly (less than 5 minutes) is completed, the tray can be attached and removed in under a minute and will not mark the existing desk surface.
Note: This is not suitable for attachment to glass surfaces as pressure from the clamp brackets could potentially cause the glass to break.
If regular adjustment of keyboard tray height or angle is required, or if the workstation is to be more permanent a heavy-duty Keyboard Tray System may be a more suitable option.
Can Reduce Strain on the Shoulder and Neck Muscles
- Most desk surfaces position the mouse and keyboard too high for those of average height. By lowering the keyboard and mouse they are better positioned to accommodate the ergonomic needs of a much larger range of individuals.
Positions Keyboard and Mouse within the "Comfort Zone"
- The Desk Clamp Keyboard Trays facilitate the positioning of both keyboard and mouse in closer proximity to the torso, and at the same level relative to each other. Keeping frequently used devices within the Comfort Zone allows the muscles of the upper body to remain relaxed and reduces the risk of overreach injuries. Learn More About the Comfort Zone.
Eliminates Potential Pressure on Wrists
- The gently curving "waterfall edge" eliminates any abrupt or sharp edges. The profiled "waterfall" edge of the tray gently drops away from the underside of the wrist and arm, eliminating virtually all potential for pressure points on the underside of the wrist. Eliminating these pressure points reduces the potential for restriction of blood flow and/or the development of related carpal tunnel issues. Learn More about Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
Allows Reference Materials to be Placed Inline
- Adding a Desk Clamp Keyboard Tray to a workstation can also free up space between the keyboard and monitor, allowing this area to be used for reference materials. Placing reference documents in line with the monitor(s) significantly reduces neck rotation and the resulting strain on the muscles of the neck and shoulders. Learn More About the Comfort Zone.
Encourages Correct Posture
- Using a Desk Clamp Keyboard Tray to better position the keyboard and mouse can reduce the need to lean forward from the waist, to perch on the edge of the chair, or to reach "up" to the keyboard and mouse. This means it is easier to adopt a correct posture, with the shoulders back and relaxed, and more readily take advantage of the lumbar support in the chair.
Enables Correct Viewing Distance
- The shallow depth of many modern desks can position the monitor(s) too close for comfortable viewing. In these circumstances the addition of a Desk Clamp Keyboard Tray can effectively provide up to 10" of additional space between the eyes and the screen. This can be of special benefit to those who employ large screens or multiple monitors. For these individuals, the additional distance is sufficient to greatly reduce the degree of neck rotation required to see the entire viewing area. Learn More About Correct Monitor Positioning.
- Single Fixed Height or Three Fixed Height Options: The two models offer either a single fixed height (KB-1010) or the option of positioning the tray at one of three fixed height positions (KB-3010).
- Portable and Lightweight: Just 5 pounds and can be attached and detached in under a minute.
- Storable: The underside of the tray incorporates glide tracks that permit storage when desired.
- Waterfall Edge: The softly rounded waterfall edge eliminates potential pinch points that can press into the soft underside of the wrists.
- Sturdy Construction: The Desk Clamp Keyboard Trays use high impact plastics that provide a rigid surface and are secured with robust steel clamps.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Desk Clamp Keyboard Tray
Desk Clamp Keyboard Tray in Use
Desk Clamp Keyboard Tray (KB-3010)
Desk Clamp Keyboard Tray - Space for Keyboard & Mouse
Desk Clamp Keyboard Tray - Clamp Side View
Desk Clamp Keyboard Tray - Front View
KB-3010 Desk Clamp Keyboard Tray - 3 Height Options
KB-3010 Desk Clamp Keyboard Tray in Use
Tray Width: 27.5" (69.9 cm)
Overall Width (including clamps): 32" (81.3 cm)
- Depth (front to back) of Tray:
Overall Depth: 12.2" (31 cm)
Usable Depth (flat surface area): 10.5" (26.7 cm)
Waterfall Edge Depth: 1.25" (3.2 cm)
- Mounting Depth Required:
Brackets require approximately 2.25" (5.7 cm) of depth.
Tray is suspended from brackets and requires only 12" (30.5 cm)of depth to store.
- Required Desk Thickness: Up to 1.5" (3.8 cm)
Note: Please ensure that the mounting surface is capable of supporting the tray. Not recommended for glass surfaces.
- Keyboard Tray Height (below mounting surface):
Model KB-1010: 4.25" (10.8 cm) (
Model KB-3010: 3.625", 4.375", or 5.125" (9.2, 11.1, or 13.0 cm)
- Materials: High Impact Plastic Tray, Steel Brackets
- Warranty: 90 days. Manufacturer Direct Only.
- Package Contents:
Model KB-1010: Desk Clamp Keyboard Tray, Mounting Brackets, Product Guide
Model KB-3010: Desk Clamp Keyboard Tray, 3-Position Re-configurable Mounting Brackets, Product Guide
- Tools Required:
Assembly: Phillips Screwdriver
Installation: No Tools Required.
- The Desk Clamp Keyboard Trays are intended to position the keyboard and mouse to a more ergonomic height. The fixed height version (KB-1010) may work well for many individuals. However, because it is not adjustable in height this will not necessarily be ideal for everyone or for all applications. If being used for mobile use where available worksurface heights may vary the KB-3010 offers greater flexibility as it can be configured to 3 different height settings to accommodate varying requirements.
- If you find that your elbows are still below the level of the keyboard tray you should probably try to elevate your sitting position to bring your elbows level with or slightly above the keyboard tray. This will likely also then require the addition of a foot rest to support your feet due to this increase in height. A similar adjustment may need to be done if you find that your elbows are too high "above" the keyboard tray. In this case a slight lowering of the seat might achieve the desired height without any further adaptations.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|KB-1010|| Desk Clamp Keyboard Tray, Single Fixed Height|
|KB-3010|| Desk Clamp Keyboard Tray, Three Fixed Height Settings|