Page last updated: Wed., 08-Jul.-2020 15:20:03
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
Articulating Gel Forearm Support with Removable Mouse Trayby Aidata
| Additional Resources Accessories |
The Articulating Gel Forearm Support with Removable Mouse Tray from Aidata reduces the load borne by the muscles of the shoulders and upper back when the user is typing, mousing or using precision instruments and tools. By fully supporting the weight of the extended forearm, the device relieves the strain on these smaller upper body muscles and helps to reduce the associated risk of fatigue and injury. The Articulating Gel Forearm Support is jointed at two points to enable height and angle adjustment, and swivels at three points to allow natural, free-flowing arm movements throughout the work session. A soft gel forearm pad cradles the forearm to eliminate pressure on the sensitive underside of the arm and allows blood to circulate unimpeded.
Reduces Strain on Upper Body Muscles
- When the arms are extended from the body, their weight is borne by the muscles of the upper back and shoulders. Those who work for prolonged periods with the arms extended in a relatively static position (such as at a keyboard), and especially with the arms extended and
in motion, risk developing repetitive strain injuries in these muscles. By supporting the weight of the arms, the Articulating Gel Forearm Support relieves the excessive strain on these muscle groups, helping to prevent and reduce fatigue and inflammation.
Can Improve Blood Flow
- As strain on the muscles of the shoulders and upper back is relieved, blood can resume circulating normally in the arms and hands. This improved blood flow more effectively oxygenates the soft tissues and reduces the potential for fatigue and inflammation.
Prevents Inadvertent Wrist Extension
- When the Articulating Gel Forearm Support is set at the correct height and angle a harmful bend at the wrist becomes almost impossible. With the shoulders and back muscles under no strain, the user has no need, and very little opportunity, to drop the heel of the hand to the desk surface for support. Learn More About Wrist Extension.
- Insufficient arm support, especially when the user is doing precision work, can cause the shoulders to slump forward if the user has a tendency to lean over or on the desk to increase stability. The back loses its orthopedically stable "S" curve and develops the rounded "C" curve that can lead to back ache. By offering sturdy, non-restrictive support for the arms, the Articulating Gel Forearm Support allows the user to adopt a more upright, healthy posture without sacrificing stability.
Avoids Irritation and Injury to the Wrist
- When used correctly--positioned at the correct height, and under the heel of the hand--traditional arm and palm supports provide effective support for the arms. However, many users position these products improperly beneath the wrist
, exerting sustained and potentially damaging pressure against soft tissues protected by little natural padding. With the Articulating Gel Forearm Support in place, there is no need for a palm support on the desk and the risk of this type of injury is greatly reduced.
Eliminates Pinching and Chafing
- The gently curved gel pad ensures that the more sensitive skin on the underside of the forearm is never compressed against the edge of the desk, or irritated by constant chafing against its surface.
- Fully Articulating Movement: The Articulating Gel Forearm Support features two joints which fully articulate, and three swivel points, enabling the support to follow arm movements easily and fluidly.
- Height Adjustable: The Articulating Gel Forearm Supports are height adjustable from 3" below the mounting surface to 5" above it, via two vertical adjustment points. The first (closest to the clamp) sets the overall height of the support; the second (closest to the user) adjusts the slope of the gel pad. A easy-to-adjust tooth and valley gear system ensures a tight, secure lock that maintains its position until readjusted.
- Wide Range of Adjustment: The wide range of height adjustment makes the Articulating Gel Forearm Support compatible with vertical keyboards such as Safetype's Vertical Keyboard or the Kinesis Freestyle2 with Ascent Accessory. The Articulating Gel Forearm Support is a practical alternative in situations where chair arm rests cannot be raised high enough.
- Smooth Articulation: The gliding, fluid motion of the Gel Forearm Support allows intuitive, distraction-free movements as the user concentrates on a single task, or transitions between tasks of different types.
- Removable Mouse Tray: The Articulating Gel Forearm Support can be used with or without the included Mouse Tray. Centred and off-centred mounting points facilitate a wide range of positions. The Mouse Tray sits 1.5" above the mounting point.
- Cushioning Forearm Cradle: The forearm cradle features a soft gel pad with a Lycra cover. The gel/lycra pad contours to the forearm and provides cushioning and breathability during use.
- Extended Range of Support: Able to extend 15" (38.1 cm) from the edge of the desk, the Articulating Gel Forearm Support does not obstruct the work area.
- Adjustable Clamp: The clamp can be attached to any surface, from 1.85" thick (4.7 cm) to 2.5" (6.4 cm) thick.
- Durable Construction, Sleek Finish: The arm is composed of a durable aluminum alloy with a non-reflective silver/pewter finish, and supports up to 24.25 lbs (11 kg). The Articulating Gel Forearm Support with Removable Mouse Tray is sturdy enough for use in an industrial environment or research lab, and attractive enough for a professional office.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Articulating Gel Forearm Support with Removable Mouse Tray
Articulating Gel Forearm Support with Removable Mouse Tray - locking and swivel joints
Articulating Gel Forearm Support with Removable Mouse Tray - minimum and maximum height adjustments
Articulating Gel Forearm Support with Removable Mouse Tray - Contoured gel pad with Lycra covering
Articulating Gel Forearm Support with Removable Mouse Tray - adjustable clamp can accommodate desk thicknesses up to 2.5"
Articulating Gel Forearm Support with Removable Mouse Tray - mouse tray
- Maximum Length (including gel arm support): 15.25" (38.7 cm)
- Maximum Length (centre of the gel arm support): 12.5" (31.8 cm)
- Attachment to Work Surface: Adjustable clamp
- Maximum Clampable Work Surface Thickness: 2.5" (6.4 cm)
- Maximum Height Below Work Surface (top of support): 3.0" (7.6 cm)
- Maximum Height Above Work Surface (top of support): 5.0" (12.7 cm)
- Rotation at Shoulder Joint: 180°
- Rotation at Elbow Joint: 360°
- Maximum Weight Supported: 24.2 kg (11 kg)
- Contoured Arm Pad: 5.25" (13.3 cm) long x 4" (10.2 cm) Wide x 1" (2.5 cm) High.
- Mouse Tray:
Dimensions: 8.78" Deep x 7.09" Wide (22.3 cm x 18.0 cm)
Elevation of Mouse Tray: 1.5" (3.8 cm)
Maximum Extension from Edge of Desk: 3.5" (8.9 cm) with centre mount; 6" (16.25 cm) with off-centre mount
Composition of Optional Mouse Tray: Thin foam with firm reduced friction surface
- Warranty: 30 DAY WARRANTY ONLY (FROM MICWIL)
- Package Contents: Articulating Gel Forearm Support with Removable Mouse Tray
- Experiment to find the best location to clamp the device. Most computer users clamp the Forearm Support just to the right of their keyboard.
- Adjust the height and tilt. Twist the large, easy to turn knobs a couple of rotations, nudge the joint into the chosen position, and tighten the knob. The support will remain securely in position until the knobs are loosened.
- Consider using two Mouse Trays. If you have an Articulating Gel Arm Support for each arm, you have the opportunity to balance the mousing load between your left and right hands (provided, of course, that you have an ambidextrous pointing device, or one for each hand). Notice that the Mouse Tray can swivel 360º, allowing you to position it just above your worksurface, or to extend it towards you.
- Position the Mouse Tray above the numeric keypad. If you do not use the numeric keypad on your standard keyboard, try mounting the Forearm Support closer to the keyboard so that the Mouse Tray hovers over the numeric keypad. This reduces your reach for the mouse and can lower the risk of pain and injury in your shoulder muscles.
- Consider working without the Mouse Tray. Removing the Mouse Tray enables you to position the keyboard and mouse at the same level.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|EAS-STD|| Articulating Gel Forearm Support with Removable Mouse Tray |
Original Price $140. Is now 65% off - $49.00 / unit !!!