| Additional Resources Accessories |
The Adjustable Foot Rest from Aidata is a lightweight, economical foot rest that offers dual height and multiple angle settings. The foot platform can be positioned to 4.5" or 5.7" off the floor and locked at any of the 4 available angle settings (0°, 10°, 20°, & 30°). Height and angle adjustments are accomplished with hand-operated knobs on the sides of the foot rest. The surface of the Adjustable Foot Rest is textured to provide traction to assist in maintaining proper foot position and non-skid pads keep the foot rest securely positioned where required.
Note: This is considered a "locking" footrest which means that the foot platform remains locked in at the chosen angle.
Reduces Strain on Lower Thighs
- Blood circulation around the lower thighs can be impeded when a person is sitting on a seatpan without sufficient support for the lower legs and feet. The weight of the lower legs and feet will create a pinch point towards the front of the seatpan, and this will reduce blood flow in the lower thighs, causing overall pain and fatigue in the lower thighs and legs. This often happens because the chair is too high. The Adjustable Foot Rest can help reduce this strain by supporting the feet on a raised platform, thereby allowing blood to circulate better throughout the legs and feet.
Reduces Strain on the Foot and Ankle
- Many office workers sit with one foot forward of the other, putting the foot into a position called plantar flexion. Over time, sustained plantar flexion can lead to shortening of the muscles and tendons in the backs of the legs, permitting the calf muscles to become tight and stiff. This can then lead to a range of uncomfortable symptoms in the foot. Having a foot rest which is angled upwards can encourage them to keep their foot in a more neutral alignment, potentially reducing the risks associated with sustained plantar flexion.
Improves Upper Body Posture
- The Adjustable Foot Rest provides a stable and supportive surface that encourages individuals to correctly utilize the back of their chair rather than "perching" on the front edge of their seat. This improved posture can reduce the risk of upper back, shoulder and neck pain. The movement range of the Adjustable Foot Rest ensures that even those of shorter stature can reap these benefits.
- Dual Platform Height: The Adjustable Foot Rest from Aidata offers two platform heights—4.5" and 5.7".
- Lockable Angles: The foot platform locks at four angle settings—0°, 10°, 20°, & 30°.
- Textured Surface: The textured surface of the Adjustable Foot Rest is designed to provide sufficient traction to keep feet from slipping out of position.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Adjustable Foot Rest
Adjustable Foot Rest In Use
- Make an effort to determine the correct height for the seatpan on your chair. Ensure that your feet are supported at a height suited to your position in the chair when you are sitting upright. You should be able to rest your feet on the footrest without tilting the chair forward or having to stretch for the footrest. Alternatively, it should not be too high as this can lift the thighs off the seatpan of the chair, a position that can increase the strain on the lower spine.
- Once your foot rest is correctly positioned make a point of sitting back in your chair and letting the backrest provide your back with the appropriate support. Not only is this good for the health of your back - it will also be more restful and has the potential to significantly reduce the risk of developing lower back pain due to poor posture. It may well also result in a more relaxed back, neck and shoulders with an accompanying reduction in end-of-day fatigue.
- After your chair and foot rest are correctly positioned ensure that appropriate adjustments are made to your monitor height. If you move from a "perching" posture to sitting back in your chair with correct upright posture you will most likely need to elevate your monitor since your head will be elevated and your line of sight will naturally follow suit.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|FR002|| Adjustable Foot Rest, Locking Tilt, Dual Height|