Page last updated: Fri, 17-May-2019 15:21:30
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
Adjustable Foot Restby Aidata
| Additional Resources Accessories |
The Adjustable Foot Rest from Aidata is a lightweight, economical foot rest that offers dual height and multiple angle settings. Users can set the foot platform to 4.5" or 5.7" off the floor and the foot rest can be locked at any of the 4 available angle settings (0°, 10°, 20°, & 30°). Height and angle adjustments are accomplished with hand-operated knobs on the sides of the foot rest. The surface of the Adjustable Foot Rest is textured to provide traction to aid users in maintaining proper foot position and non-skid pads keep it securely positioned where required.
Note: This is considered a "locking" footrest which means that the foot platform remains locked in at the chosen angle.
Reduces Strain on Lower Thighs
- Blood circulation around the lower thighs can be impeded when a person is sitting on a seatpan without sufficient support for the lower legs and feet. The weight of the lower legs and feet will create a pinch point towards the front of the seatpan, and this will reduce blood flow in the lower thighs, causing overall pain and fatigue in the lower thighs and legs. This often happens because the chair is too high. The Adjustable Foot Rest can help reduce this strain by supporting the feet on a raised platform, thereby allowing blood to circulate better throughout the legs and feet.
Reduces Strain on the Foot and Ankle
- Many office workers sit with one foot forward of the other, putting the foot into a position called plantar flexion. Plantar flexion shortens the muscles of the backs of the legs. Over time, sustained plantar flexion can cause the calf muscles to become tight and stiff which, in turn, can lead to a range of uncomfortable symptoms in the foot. Having a foot rest which is angled towards the user can encourage them to keep their foot in a more neutral alignment, potentially reducing the risks associated with sustain plantar flexion.
Improves Upper Body Posture
- The Adjustable Foot Rest provides users with a stable and supportive surface that encourages them to correctly utilize the back of their chair rather than "perching" on the front edge of their seat. This improved posture can reduce the risk of upper back, shoulder and neck pain. The movement range of the Adjustable Foot Rest ensures that even those of shorter stature can reap these benefits.
- Dual Platform Height: The Adjustable Foot Rest from Aidata offers two platform heights—4.5" and 5.7".
- Lockable Angles: The foot platform locks at four angle settings—0°, 10°, 20°, & 30°.
- Textured Surface: The textured surface of the Adjustable Foot Rest is designed to provide sufficient traction to keep feet from slipping out of position.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Adjustable Foot Rest
Adjustable Foot Rest In Use
- Make an effort to determine the correct height for the seatpan on your chair. Ensure that your feet are supported at a height suitable to your position in the chair when you are sitting upright. You should be able to rest your feet on the footrest without tilting the chair forward or having to stretch for the footrest. Alternatively, it should not be too high as this can which can lift the thighs off the seatpan of the chair.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|FR002|| Adjustable Foot Rest, Locking Tilt, Dual Height|