| Additional Resources Usage Tips Accessories |
The 3M Gel Wrist Rest Platform for Keyboard and Mouse is designed for those who want to reduce the upward bend at the wrist (i.e. wrist extension), with its associated risk of injury to the wrist and forearms. This often occurs when working with a conventional keyboard at a seated or standing workstation. Placed directly on the desk surface, the platform provides a base for the keyboard and the mousing area, with the gel wrist rest spanning the platform width. The wrist rest provides support beneath the palms when typing, keeping the forearms, wrists and hands in comfortable alignment. When placed beneath the heel of the hand, the gel wrist rest also helps to ensure comfortable alignment of the wrist and forearm when mousing.
Two sets of optional rubber feet are included with the platform. When attached beneath the front of the platform the feet create a negative tilt of either 5° or 10° to provide further insurance against wrist extension.
Note: A greater degree of negative tilt is often necessary to minimize wrist extension at standing workstations.
The gel-filled wrist rest is 25.5" wide, 0.25" thick, with a leatherette cover. The cover has an embedded antimicrobial treatment that inhibits bacterial growth. Included with the platform and wrist rest is a 3M Precise Mousing Surface (designed to improve optical tracking and preserve battery life). The mousing surface is repositionable and can be placed to the left or right of the keyboard.
Note: We are unable to offer our 30 Day Customer Satisfaction guarantee on this product.
Reduces Risk of Injury to the Wrist
- The Gel Wrist Rest Platform for Keyboard and Mouse helps to relieve strain on the tissues of the hand, wrist and forearm by reducing the degree of wrist extension and, optionally, by creating a negative slope for the keyboard and mousing surface. (Note that to create a negative inclination, the optional rubber feet must be installed at the front of the platform.) Learn More About Wrist Extension
Protects Sensitive Pressure Points
- The gel wrist rest prevents the underside of the forearms from resting against the hard edges of the desk top.
- Soft Gel Interior: Resilient gel provides cushioned support for the palm (or heel) of the hands when typing and when mousing.
- Leatherette Cover: Provides a comfortably smooth surface for the hands.
- Negative Tilt Option: Optional rubber feet provide an additional 5° or 10° of negative tilt, allowing individuals to add a negative inclination to the keyboard and mousing surface.
- Non-Slip Backing: Keeps the platform securely in place on the desktop.
- Antimicrobial Protection: Antimicrobial protection embedded into the wrist rest inhibits the growth of microorganisms that can degrade the product surface and cause stains and odours to develop.
- Repositionable Mousing Surface: Can be placed on the left or the right side of the keyboard, and repositioned if necessary.
- Eco-Friendly: Manufactured using 15% recycled material.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Gel Wrist Rest Platform for Keyboard and Mouse
Gel Wrist Rest Platform for Keyboard and Mouse - In Use
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|WR422LE|| Gel Wrist Rest Platform for Keyboard and Mouse|