Page last updated: Fri, 17-May-2019 15:21:23
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
Freestanding Document Holderby 3M
| Additional Resources Accessories |
The Freestanding Document Holder by 3M helps to reduce the risk of repetitive strain injuries to the muscles of the neck, shoulders and upper back. Ideally placed inline between the keyboard and the monitor, the document holder allows users to view reference materials by simply glancing down, rather than by constantly bending or turning at the neck. The sturdy, transparent easel is angle adjustable and has a deep ledge to ensure thick stacks of papers, and open binders and catalogues, remain secure. (Note that the angle of the easel will affect the maximum stated sheet capacity.) An elastic line guide helps users navigate through the text, and is strong enough to keep bound materials open.
Caution: The elastic line guide is not factory-mounted to the document holder. To prevent possible injury when using this feature, be certain both ends of the elastic are properly secured during installation and use.
Two models of the Freestanding Document Holder are available. The DH640 is 18" wide, can support up to 300 sheets of paper, and can straddle the base of most flat-screen monitors and many monitor risers, allowing it to make efficient use of available space on the desk top. The DH640 has a weighted base and can be cantilevered below the edge of the desk without modifications, provided the weight of the reference materials is not greater than the weight of the base itself. The DH630 is 14" wide, can support up to 150 sheets of paper and has a skid-free, but non-weighted base. This model can also be cantilevered below the edge of the desk provided the base is first secured to the desk surface using the included, removable 3M Command strips.
Reduces the Risk of Injury to the Neck and Shoulders
- The Freestanding Document Holder keeps reference materials directly in front of the user, eliminating the need to bend the neck to view documents flat on the desk surface, or to turn the head to see materials propped up to one side.
Reduces the Risk of Upper Back Strain
- The Freestanding Document Holder helps users maintain good upper body posture by positioning reading and reference materials at the most visually accessible angle.
Helps to Reduce Overreach Injuries
- Storing work in progress in the space between the monitor and the keyboard ensures that frequently used devices such as a mouse or an adding machine can remain well within the Comfort Zone. Learn More About the Comfort Zone
- Weighted Base: The weighted base on the 18" model (DH640) keeps the document holder in place on the desk surface, and counterbalances the easel when it is cantilevered over the edge of the desk.
- Non-skid Base: Non-skid base on the 14" model (DH630) keeps the document holder in place on the desk surface. Included, removable 3M Command strips securely attach this smaller model to the desk surface when cantilevering the easel over the edge of the desk.
- Angle Adjustable: Both models can be adjusted to position documents at an angle that allows users to view them with as little neck movement as possible.
- Spacious, Sturdy Easel: Both models are capable of supporting letter and legal-sized papers, as well as books, manuals and catalogues.
- Strong Elastic Line Guide: Elastic line guide helps users remain oriented in the text, secures loose-leaf papers, and keeps bound, multi-page publications open.
Caution. The elastic line guide is not factory-mounted to the document holder. To prevent possible injury when using this feature, be certain both ends of the elastic are properly secured during installation and use.
- Ability to Cantilever: The easels on both models can be cantilevered over the edge of the desk. The easel on the 18" model (DH640) is counterbalanced by the weight of its base and requires no modifications. The easel on the 14" model (DH630) can be cantilevered if the included, removable 3M Command strips are used to secure the base to the surface of the desk.
- Freestanding: Both models can be relocated to other workstations as desired.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
DH640, 18" Model
DH630, 14" Model
DH640, 18" Model, Sturdy Elastic Line Guide
DH630, 14" Model, Cantilevering Ability
- Maximum Footprint on Desk: 18.0" (45.7 cm) Wide x 18.0" (45.7 cm) Deep
- Easel Dimensions: 18" (45.7 cm)
- Span Between “Feet” on Base: 15.8" (40.2 cm)
- Height of Base: 4" (10 cm)
- Capacity: Up to 300 sheets
- Warranty: 5 Years
- Package Contents: DH640 - Freestanding Document Holder 18" wide
- Maximum Footprint on Desk: 14" (35.6 cm) Wide x 14" (35.6 cm) Deep
- Easel Dimensions: 14" (35.6 cm) Wide x 9" (23 cm) Tall
- Height of Base: 3" (7.6 cm)
- Span Between “Feet” on Base: 12.5" (31.8 cm)
- Capacity: Up to 150 sheets
- Warranty: 2 Years
- Package Contents: DH630 - Freestanding Document Holder 14" wide, 3M Command strips
- Ensure your monitor is at the correct height. Position the document holder between the keyboard and monitor, with the top of the reference material just below the viewing area of your monitor. If there is insufficient room to do this, position the holder as close to you as possible to avoid overextending when you reposition your reference materials. Adjust the angle to provide optimum viewing given the lighting and other factors at your workstation. Learn More About Monitor Position
- Ensure the line guide is attached securely. The line guide is an elastic bungee cord. Take care to secure this in the easel as it will release with significant force if it becomes loose.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|DH640|| Freestanding Document Holder, 18" wide, weighted base|
|DH630|| Freestanding Document Holder, 14" wide, non-weighted base, 3M Command strips|