Page last updated: Thu, 16-Aug-2018 15:30:13
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
TREWGrip Mobile Dockby TREWGrip
The TREWGrip Mobile Dock is a handheld, dual-mode keyboard/air mouse or keyboard/game controller that allows users to interact with mobile devices, smart TVs and VR/AR technology whether sitting, standing, or on the go. The two-sided device features TREWGrip's "Universal Dock" which, when combined with Bluetooth HID connectivity, allows users to turn any smart phone, phablet or mini-tablet into a mobile productivity tool.
The back of the device provides a traditional QWERTY key layout, split and rotated to allow users to perform ten-finger text entry with the hands in a vertical, "palms in" position. The front offers navigation keys, modifier keys, and illuminated key actuation indicators. Mouse movement and game interactions can be controlled by simply tilting and turning the device.
The TREWGrip Mobile Dock comes with comfortable handgrips, available in sizes large, medium or small.
- The TREWGrip Mobile Dock allows users of mobile devices to avoid typing with the palms down and, instead, to experience the ergonomic benefits of maintaining the hands in the 'handshake' position. This position is known to reduce the risk of injury to the muscles and membranes of the hand, forearm and elbow. Learn More About Pronation
Reduces Risk of Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Allows users to keep arms shoulder width apart when entering data into a mobile device. This posture helps users avoid discomfort and pain in the neck, chest, back and arms. Learn More About Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- By combining a keyboard and mouse, or keyboard and game controller into one device, the TREWGrip Mobile Dock eliminates the need to reach for a separate input device.
Facilitates Greater Activity
- The TREWGrip Mobile Dock can be used by anyone while standing, and by touch typists while walking. This makes the device suitable for use on the go: whether at a sit-stand workstation, at a treadmill desk, or by those who take notes as they move from station to station in the workplace or in the field.
- Two Operating Modes: The TREWGrip Mobile Dock can be toggled between keyboard/ mouse mode, and keyboard/game controller mode.
- Universal Mobile Dock: A suction/magnetic mount allows users to dock mobile devices up to 5.3" wide; two adhesive docking plates are included for attaching either a smart phone or a mini tablet.
- Bluetooth HID Connectivity: Allows up to three devices to be paired simultaneously to the TREWGrip Mobile Dock for instant switching between Windows, Android, Mac OS and iOS Bluetooth HID-enabled technology. Illuminated indicators show how many devices are connected.
- "Mobile QWERTY" Key Layout: Although the keys are separated and rotated, the TREWGrip Mobile Dock uses the familiar QWERTY layout found on traditional keyboards.
- Illuminated Indicator Keys: Legended indicators on the front of the keyboard (the side that faces the user) light up when a keystroke is actuated on the back. These visual cues help new users locate the correct key on the back, and help them adapt quickly to the vertical, 'palms in' typing position.
- Familiar Editing, Modifier and Navigation Keys: Space, Backspace and Enter keys, along with all the usual modifer keys and arrow keys, are on the front of the device and are easily accessible with the thumbs. The Start key, and the two Alt keys, are dual-legended as 'Option' and 'Command' keys for Mac users.
- Tactile Guides to Home Row: Small ridges on the F and J keys help users quickly locate the correct home row keys on the left and right sides of the keyboard.
- Tactile Keyswitches: Keyswitches provide the crisp, tactile feedback that is absent from the glass screen of a mobile device.
- Mouse Cursor Control: The TREWGrip Mobile Dock uses an accelerometer and gyroscope to control mouse movement. This can be configured for absolute movement by default, or for relative movement (required for Android devices and multiple monitors).
- Mouse Button: Left and right click functions are accessible on the front of the device, under the right thumb.
- Auto-Off Function: The device automatically powers off after ten minutes of inactivity.
- Handgrips in Three Sizes: Handgrips are available in sizes Large, Medium or Small to ensure a comfortable, efficient experience for all users.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
TREWGrip Mobile Dock
TREWGrip Mobile Dock, front view, showing modifier and navigation keys, and illuminated indicators
TREWGrip Mobile Dock, back view, showing keys
TREWGrip Mobile Dock, side view
TREWGrip Mobile Dock - Hand Positioning
TREWGrip Mobile Dock - Perfect for Notetaking on Mobile Devices
- Length: 12.05" (306 mm)
- Height: 5.87" (149 mm)
- Width: 2.05" (52 mm)
- Weight: 1 lb (450 grams), without handgrips
- Maximum Docking Size: Devices up to 5.54" (140 mm) wide
- Maximum Recommended Docking Weight: 3 lbs with supplied large docking plate
- Air Mouse Screen Resolution: Single monitor with resolution up to 4000 x 4000
- Game Controller: Three degrees of freedom (up/down, left/right, forward/back)
- Keyswitch Type: Membrane
- Keyswitch Force: 100 grams
- Battery Type: Built-in lithium polymer
- Battery Life: Up to 15 hours of continuous usage (up to 500 hours on standby)
- Battery Recharge Time: Two hours with supplied 1A wall charger
- Charging Port: USB Micro B
- Operating Systems Supported: Windows, Mac, Android, iOS
- Connectivity Requirement: Bluetooth HID 2.0 plus compatible system or device
- Bluetooth Version: 2.0
- Bluetooth Range: Up to 98' (30 metres), line of sight
- Warranty: 1 Year
- Package Contents: TREWGrip Mobile Dock with Large, Medium or Small Handgrip, Small Docking Plate (for smart phone). Large Docking Plate (for mini-tablet or phablet), USB Wall Adapter (US), USB Charging Cable, Quick Start Guide
- Choose the right size handgrips. If the handgrips are too small, you are likely to overshoot the keys you are targeting. If the handgrips are too large, you risk straining the fingers and hands as you reach for the keys towards the centre of the device.
- Take advantage of the training programs offered by the manufacturer. See the link under Additional Resources.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|TG-MD03-GL|| TREWGrip Mobile Dock, Wireless Handheld Keyboard, Bluetooth, Large Handgrips|
|TG-MD03-GM|| TREWGrip Mobile Dock, Wireless Handheld Keyboard, Bluetooth, Medium Handgrips|
|TG-MD03-GS|| TREWGrip Mobile Dock, Wireless Handheld Keyboard, Bluetooth, Small Handgrips|
|MD03-GGL|| Mobile Dock Handgrips Accessory, Large|
|MD03-GGM|| Mobile Dock Handgrips Accessory, Medium|
|MD03-GGS|| Mobile Dock Handgrips Accessory, Small|