Page last updated: Fri, 19-Jan-2018 14:17:09
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
Full Size Keyboard with Built-in Touchpadby SolidTek
| Additional Resources Usage Tips Accessories |
The Full Size Keyboard with Built-in Touchpad from SolidTek is an all-in-one keyboard with all full-size keys and a built-in mini-size touchpad in a minimalist housing. This combo/all-in-one keyboard places the touchpad, including left and right buttons, in the location of the traditional cursor keys (up, down, left, right). This means that the only way to access cursor keys is through the embedded navigation layer on the numeric keypad, accessed through NumLock. Because the touchpad is placed closer to the midline of the user, there is no overreaching for the mouse.
NOTE: The touchpad in this keyboard is not a Cirque touchpad.
Reduces Overreaching for the Mouse
- Regular size keyboards with integrated numeric keypads on the right often make reaching for the mouse on the right-hand side an ergonomic risk factor. The further the reach for the mouse (from the dominant hand home row, over the navigation keys, over the numeric keypad), the greater the risk of injuries to the arm and shoulder due to overreaching. The Full Size Keyboard with Built-in Touchpad helps this potential risk factor by placing the built-in touchpad between the central keys and the numeric keypad keys, making reaching for the mouse over the numeric keypad unnecessary.
- The inclination of the tops of the keycaps follow a very shallow concave arc, which improves tactility for the letter rows by maximizing finger pad contact on the keycaps, and improves reach for the upper rows (number and function row). This improved tactility will help prevent mistyping and hence reduce the overall amount of typing for the user.
- Built-in Mini-Size Touchpad: The ASK-7092U incorporates a mini-size generic touchpad into the keyboard housing between the centrally located keys and the numeric keypad on the right-hand side. This touchpad provides an adequate mousing device so that the user does not have to reach over the numeric keypad to get to an external mousing device. At 1000 dpi, it is sensitive enough to do normal, everyday mousing actions, including right and left clicks using the right and left buttons situated below the mousing surface of the touchpad.
- Full Size Keycaps: Standard sized sculpted (concave) keycaps and key pitch (the space between the keys) results in no learning curve when transferring keyboarding skills to this keyboard. On some keyboards, the function (F1-F12), cursor/arrow (↑↓←→) and modifier keys (ALT/CTRL/SHIFT) are usually smaller than normal resulting in keying errors and frustration. This is not the case on this keyboard where all 100 standard keys preserve all touch typing skills previously acquired.
- Concave "Arc" Keycap Inclination: The inclination of the tops of the keycaps follow a very shallow concave arc, which improves tactility for the letter rows by maximizing finger pad contact on the keycaps, and improves reach for the upper rows (number and function row).
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Full Size Keyboard with Built-in Touchpad
- Width: 17.52" (44.5 cm)
- Depth (front to back): 6.81" (17.3 cm)
- Height: 1.42" (3.6 cm)
- Type of keyswtich: Membrane
- Number of keys: 100
- Touchpad: Mini-size Generic (2.25" x 1.375")
- Colour: Black
- Compatibility: PC
- Interface: USB (1 cable for both keyboard and mouse)
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|ASK-7092U|| Full Size Keyboard with Built-in Touchpad|
|ASK-7070U|| Full Size Keyboard with Built-in Touchpad|