Page last updated: Fri, 15-Jun-2018 14:53:11
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
Compact Financial Scissor-Switch Membrane Keyboardby SolidTek
| Additional Resources Usage Tips Accessories |
The Compact Financial Scissor-Switch Membrane Keyboard from Solidtek features standard keys (both key pitch and key cap size) with a discrete numeric keypad on the right-hand side. The only exceptions are the function keys and arrow keys. This keyboard is only 15.75" (40 cm) wide, roughly 2.25" narrower than the average conventional keyboard. This narrower width will allow the mouse to be slightly closer to the midline of the user, which reduces overreaching.
The keyswitches are high quality scissor-switch membrane keyswitches with comparatively long travel for this type of switch (2.8 mm), and the keycap tops are slightly concave.
Reduces Overreaching for the Mouse
- Regular size keyboards with integrated numeric keypads on the right often make reaching for the mouse on the right-hand side an ergonomic risk factor. The further the reach for the mouse (from the dominant hand home row, over the navigation keys, over the numeric keypad), the greater the risk of injuries to the arm and shoulder due to overreaching. The Compact Financial Scissor-Switch Membrane Keyboard helps this potential risk factor by keeping the built-in numeric keypad on the right side as close as possible to the main keys while still providing a total width of only 15.75".
: For an even better option against overreaching for the mouse, consider a keyboard with no built-in numeric keypad
or one with a built-in numeric keypad on the left-hand side
(assuming the user is right-handed).
Learn More About Overreaching
Reduces Risk of Wrist Extension
- With only 0.6" between the work surface and the top of the keys, the slim design of this keyboard helps users avoid having to bend their hands up at the wrist so their fingers can reach the keys. This posture, known as wrist extension, reduces blood flow through the wrist, and contributes to fatigue, pain and numbness in the hand and forearm. Learn More About Wrist Extension
- The inclination of the tops of the keycaps follow a very shallow "concave" arc, which improves tactility compared with completely flat top keycaps by maximizing finger pad contact on the keycaps, and improves reach for the upper rows (number and function row). This improved tactility will help prevent mistyping and hence reduce the overall amount of typing for the user.
- Compact Size: The Compact Financial Scissor-Switch Membrane Keyboard qualifies as a compact keyboard because it is only 15.75" (40 cm) wide, roughly 2.25" narrower than the average conventional keyboard.
- Full Size Keycaps for Most Keys: Standard sized sculpted (concave) keycaps and key pitch (the space between the keys) results in no learning curve when transferring keyboarding skills to this keyboard, except for the top row keys and arrow keys. For those who rarely use those latter keys, there is no compromise between the keycap size and pitch and having a compact keyboard with built-in numeric keypad, since the overall width of the keyboard is still only 15.75".
- Concave "Arc" Keycap Inclination: The inclination of the tops of the keycaps follow a very shallow concave arc, which improves tactility for the letter rows by maximizing finger pad contact on the keycaps, and improves reach for the upper rows (number and function row).
- Low Profile: The slim housing (only 0.6" high at rear and inclining downward to front) reduces the potential for wrist extension.
- High-Quality Scissor-Switch Keyswitches: High-quality scissor-switch keyswitches offer the low-travel feel of a laptop keyboard (although at 2.8 mm, these offer a longer key travel distance than most switches of this type).
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Compact Financial Scissor-Switch Membrane Keyboard
Compact Financial Scissor-Switch Membrane Keyboard - closeup
- Width: 15.75" (40.0 cm)
- Depth (front-to-back): 5.89" (14.95 cm)
- Height: 0.79" (2.0 cm)
- Weight: 1.76 lbs (800 grams)
- Key Pitch: 0.75" (1.905 cm)
- Peak Force: 55 ± 15 grams
- Switch Travel: 2.8 ± 0.5 mm
- Keyswitch Type: Scissor-switch membrane
- Keyswitch Rating: 5 million actuations
- Number of Keys: 104
- Interface: USB
- Warranty: 1 year limited warranty
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|PSK-5100U|| Compact Financial Scissor-Switch Membrane Keyboard|
|SK5100U|| This product is identical to the PSK-5100U listed above. The part number has been REPLACED.|