Page last updated: Fri, 19-Jan-2018 15:21:16
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
Compact Financial Keyboardby SolidTek
| Additional Resources Usage Tips Accessories |
The Compact Financial Keyboard from Solidtek features a reduced width key layout with a dedicated numeric keypad, making it ideal for space-restricted work areas. It also allows right-handed users to slightly reduce the reach for their mouse. This keyboard is able to accommodate a built-in numeric keypad in a narrower footprint by eliminating the extra space between the alpha keys and the numeric keypad. The top row (including function row) comes with clear keycap lenses which keep printed or hand written custom legending securely in place and visible, and protect them from wear. The keyboard is USB and is available in black or white. A native PS/2 model is also available by SPECIAL ORDER ONLY.
Reduces Overreaching for the Mouse
- Regular size keyboards with integrated numeric keypads on the right often make reaching for the mouse on the right-hand side an ergonomic risk factor. The further the reach for the mouse (from the dominant hand home row, over the navigation keys, over the numeric keypad), the greater the risk of injuries to the arm and shoulder due to overreaching. The Compact Financial Keyboard helps this potential risk factor by keeping the built-in numeric keypad on the right side as close as possible to the main keys in a reduced horizontal footprint of only 15.75".
: For an even better option against overreaching for the mouse, consider a keyboard with no built-in numeric keypad or one with a built-in numeric keypad on the left-hand side (assuming the user is right-handed).
Learn More About Overreaching
- The sculpted concave keycap tops improve tactility compared with completely flat top keycaps by maximizing finger pad contact on the keycaps, and improves reach for the upper rows (number and function row). This improved tactility will help prevent mistyping and hence reduce the overall amount of typing for the user.
- Compact Size: The Compact Financial Keyboard qualifies as a compact keyboard because it is only 15.75" (40 cm) wide, roughly 2.25" narrower than the average conventional keyboard.
- Full Size Keycaps for Most Keys: Standard sized sculpted (concave) keycaps and key pitch (the space between the keys) results in no learning curve when transferring keyboarding skills to this keyboard, except for the top row keys and arrow keys. For those who rarely use those latter keys, there is no compromise between the keycap size and pitch and having a compact keyboard with built-in numeric keypad, since the overall width of the keyboard is still only 15.75".
- Concave "Arc" Keycap Inclination: The tops of the keycaps follow a concave "arc" or "scooped" design, which improves tactility for the letter rows by maximizing finger pad contact on the keycaps, and improves reach for the upper rows (number and function row).
- High-Quality Keyswitches: High-quality keyswitches offer the full-travel movement; at 4.0 mm, these offer a longer key travel distance than most membrane switches.
- 104 Keys: The Compact Financial Keyboard has all 104 keys found on a traditional full-size keyboard.
- Ideal for Compact Spaces: This keyboard can be used in office environments but also can be used as a POS keyboard or even in a rack mount system due to its compact.
- Clear Keycaps: All top row keys (21 keys) have clear lenses on them (F1-F12, Insert, Home, Page Up, Page Down, Delete, End, Prnt Screen, Scroll Lock, and Esc), so that they can be relegended for specialized programs.
- USB or PS/2: The Compact Financial Keyboard includes models available with a USB connection or PS/2 connection.
- Cable Routing Channel: On the underside of the keyboard there is a cable routing channel to direct the cable in multiple directions. This is useful in restricted spaces where the cable needs to be routed in a particular place, especially for rack mount applications.
- Keyboard Risers: Two keyboard risers are place on either side of the bottom of the keyboard to positively incline the keyboard even more than conventional keyboard to improve visibility of the keys (Note: This causes Wrist Extension so these should not be deployed unless the keyboard will be used only occasionally for brief periods.)
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Compact Financial Keyboard
- Width: 15.75" (40.0 cm)
- Depth (front to back): 7.4" (18.8 cm)
- Height: 1.69" (4.3 cm)
- Weight: 2.54 lbs (1.15 kg)
- Number of Keys: 104
- Key Pitch: 0.75" (1.905 cm)
- Total Travel: 4.0mm ± 0.3 mm
- Travel to Peak: 1.5 mm ± 0.3 mm
- Peak Force: 60 grams ± 10 grams
- Keyswitch Type: Membrane
- Keyswitch Rating: 10 million actuations
- Operating Temperature: 0ºC to +55ºC
- Storage Temperature: -20ºC to +60ºC
- Operating Humidity: 10% to 95% relative
- Power Supply: 5 V (D.C.) ± 5% @ 100 mA
- Available Colours: Black or white
- Compatibility: Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP,
Vista, or above
- Interface: USB (PS/2 by special order)
- Warranty: 1 year limited warranty.
- Certifications: cRUus, CE, FCC, RoHS
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|ACK-700UB|| USB model, black|
|ACK-700UW|| USB model, white|
|ACK-700B|| PS/2 model, black
(minimum order of 10)|
|ACK-700W|| PS/2 model, white
(minimum order of 10)|