Page last updated: Fri, 15-Jun-2018 14:53:38
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
| Usage Tips Accessories |
The Switch2Scan from Pretorian Technologies supports scanning switch access for "idevices", providing access to all iPad functions. Employing the Switch2Scan, users are able to use standard switches to control Apps, access media and iBooks, and even perform data entry.
The Switch2Scan can utilize either the Voiceover feature that is available in all releases of iOS or the Switch Control function which is included in iOS 7 and newer releases. The Swith2Scan connects to the idevice via Bluetooth wireless, leaving the viewing device free of inconvenient cords.
Switch Scanning will permit full access to functions with just a single switch but for enhanced capability the Switch2Scan will support the connection and programming of up to 4 standard external wired switches. The extremely small footprint and a long-life lithium-ion rechargeable battery make this a device of convenience. Scanning speed is variable, can be both forward and backward, and can be performed in manual or automatic modes.
Provide Low Dexterity Tablet Control Access
- With the Switch2Scan, users with limitations arising from employing the default method of using a tablet or other technology are able to access and control idevices.
- Dual Scanning Options: The Switch2Scan will scan using either Voiceover in all iOS versions or Switch Control which is incorporated into iOS 7 and later releases.
- Manual and Automatic Scanning Modes: In order to meet the requirements of the widest range of users the Switch2Scan can be configured to scan in either Manual or Automatic Modes. The four available scanning speeds are easily changed to match the needs of each user.
- Forward and Backward Scanning: Users are able to control scanning direction in order to optimize their access.
- On-Screen Keyboard: Quick one-touch access to on-screen keyboard makes data entry possible - even with a single switch.
- Quick Access Mode: The Quick Access button on the Switch2Scan provides rapid access to switch adapted Apps that do not rely on the Voiceover scanning protocol. Switching to Quick Access activates basic pre-assigned commands to each switch for navigation in these Apps.
- Compatible with All Current iDevices: Works with iPad, iPad mini, iPod (3rd generation and later) and iPhone (iOS 5.0 onwards). No PIN is required.
- iBooks Mode with Page-Turner: Users can access iBooks with even a single switch. Additional switches will enhance the efficiency of access.
- One-Touch Onscreen Keyboard Access: Integral button to deploy or hide the on-screen keyboard.
- Cordless Convenience: The Switch2Scan includes an integral, rechargeable lithium-ion battery. Charging can be done via any standard USB power supply - charging cord is included.
- Bluetooth Convenience: The Switch2Scan pairs directly with iPad through Bluetooth 2.1 without PIN number entry, and has an effective operating range of 20 metres (64 feet).
- Compact Design: Pretorian realizes that space is at a premium, especially where switches are required. The Switch2Scan features a small footprint - just 3.6" x 2.6" x 0.7".
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
- Width: 2.6" (6.6 cm)
- Depth (front to back): 3.6" (9.1 cm)
- Height: 0.7" (1.8 cm)
- Weight: 2.7 oz (76 g)
- Range: 64' (20 m)
- Compatibility: iPad 1, iPad 2, new iPad, iPod Touch 3rd and 4th Generations, iPhone 3GS & 4, Any switch with a standard 3.5 mm plug (mini-phono plug)
- Interface: To switches: Mini-phono jacks (3.5 mm) (4 jacks available)
To recharge batteries: Plug into USB power source using included USB cable
To Apple device: Bluetooth
- Power Source: Built-in rechargeable litium-ion battery
- Battery Life: Approximately 40 hours (from full charge)
- Warranty: 1 year. For use in domestic, educational, commercial, and light industrial applications. Use in other applications voids the warranty
- Package Contents: Switch2Scan with integrated Lithium Battery, USB Charging Cord, User Guide.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|S2S|| Pretorian Switch2Scan|