Page last updated: Fri, 12-Oct-2018 13:59:20
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
Penguin Ambidextrous Vertical Mouseby Posturite
| Usage Tips |
The Penguin Ambidextrous Vertical Mouse from Posturite allows the user to comfortably rest either hand on the base adjoining to the vertical structure, encouraging the use of the gross motor muscles in the forearm and upper arm to manoeuvre the mouse. Fine cursor control can be achieved with small arm and/or hand movements. The ambidextrous design and central ‘bow-tie’ switch allow for easy transition between right and left handed use. The weight of the hand resting on the base ensures easy movement and control of the mouse, reducing the need to 'grip' the mouse and permitting the fingers to remain relaxed while still being in optimum position for clicking. Features include adjustable DPI (400, 600, 800, or 1200) and a precision scroll wheel. The Penguin is available in both wired and wireless models.
SIZING: Originally the Penguin Ambidextrous Vertical Mouse was available in two Sizes - Small and Standard. It is currently available in 3 sizes - Small, Medium (formerly the Small), and Large (formerly Standard). While the names have changed the Model Numbers have not, so ordering by model number will correctly identify which current size you wish to purchase. If in doubt please feel free to contact us to determine the appropriate choice. As a general guide for selecting the appropriate size, measure the distance between the top of wrist and tip of middle finger - if it is under 16.0 cm choose the Small, between 16.0 cm and 18.0 cm choose the Medium, and above 18.0 cm select a Large model. If you have unusually long fingers or a very broad hand or if you are unsure whether a given size will work we encourage you to contact us. See our downloadable sizing chart.
- The Ambidextrous design of the Penguin Mouse enables users to 'load balance' throughout the day by distributing the repetitive actions of mousing to both arms, thereby providing rest periods for both sides.
Encourages Blood Flow Through the Arm
- An ordinary horizontal mouse causes your forearm to twist away from its natural position, which can reduce blood flow, put muscles in awkward positions and increase the rate of fatigue. For many, this can result in discomfort and pain while mousing. The vertical orientation of the Penguin provides a more natural forearm positioning while the increased upper arm movement associated with the Penguin can aid in reducing potential restriction in the thoracic outlet.
Eliminates Forearm Pronation
- The vertical forearm orientation which the Penguin Ambidextrous Vertical Mouse provides permits the muscles to relax, as the hand is positioned in relaxed position.
Eliminates the Risk of 'Trigger Finger' and 'Clawing'
- As the fingers are able to relax against the buttons in a curled position there is no reason to 'hover' over the buttons. Clicking becomes a natural action as users simply curl the fingers inward to activate the buttons. The large diameter and rubberized finish of the scroll wheel enable users to scroll with less repetition and with a more natural 'curling' of the fingers.
Eliminates Traditional NEED TO 'Grip The Mouse'
- The upright design of the Penguin Ambidextrous Vertical Mouse removes the 'pinching' action commonly associated with the use of a standard mouse. Rather than the thumb and fingers working in opposition to each other the thumb is able to rest alongside the mouse primarily as a stabilizer to maintain a comfortable contact with the body of the mouse. The weight of the hand resting on the base of mouse provides sufficient contact to enable mouse movement without having to 'control' it by gripping.
Almost Zero Learning Curve
- The position of the hand on the Penguin Ambidextrous Vertical Mouse is both natural and relaxed. Buttons are activated with the same fingers as on most traditional mice and the vertical design enables users to switch from side to side without having to access their Control Panel to change any settings.
- As clicking is generated by curling the fingers backward towards the user the cursor remains stable.
- Pointer control is as accurate as any other high-quality mouse.
- 3 Sizes Available: Small, Medium, and Large sizes accommodate virtually any hand size.
- Adjustable Laser Sensor: DPI selector on underside enables user to select from four pointer speed settings (400, 600, 800, 1200 DPI)
- Wired & Wireless Options: All sizes are available in both Wired and Wireless models. The Wireless models have a rechargeable Lithium battery and include a detachable retracting USB charging cord.
- DPI Selection Indicator: Blue LED behind scroll wheel flashes to indicate point speed selection
- Oversized Scroll Wheel: Rubberized finish ensures smooth and easy scrolling
- Bowtie Switch: Enables quick switching for Right or Left hand use
- Antimicrobial Coating: The Penguin Mouse has a silver-based anti-microbial coating that makes it ideal for multi-user environments.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Penguin Ambidextrous Vertical Mouse
Penguin Ambidextrous Vertical Mouse - Front View
Penguin Ambidextrous Vertical Mouse - Top View
Penguin Ambidextrous Vertical Mouse - Correct Hand Positioning
Penguin Mouse - Available in 3 Sizes
Penguin Mouse - Eliminates Pronation
Penguin Mouse Sizing Guide
Penguin Mouse Low Friction WowPad Mousing Surface Accessory
New 3D Interactive Virtual Product
- Sizing Chart: PDF
- Usability Study January 2013: PDF
- Base Size:
Small: 4.875" (12.4 cm) W x 3.875" (9.9 cm) D
Medium: 4.25" (11.4 cm) W x 5.375" (13.7 cm) D
Large: 4.75" (12.1 cm) W x 6.0" (15.2 cm) D
Small: 3.0" (7.6 cm)
Medium: 3.5" (8.9 cm)
Large: 3.875" (9.8 cm)
- Weight: Wired:
- Small: 5.14 oz (146 grams)
- Medium: 6.56 oz (187 grams)
- Large: 7.86 oz (223 grams)
Back portion is polyurethane finish which ensures positive hand contact
Belly is Silver plastic, enabling fingers to move smoothly on buttons
Silver-based Antimicrobial Coating
- Laser Resolution: 400, 600, 800, 1200 DPI
PC: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
Mac: OS X
- Interface: USB 2.0
- Cord Length: 72" (1.83 m)
- Default Button Functions:
- Top finger Button: Left Click
- Scroll Wheel Button: Middle Click
- Bottom Finger Button: Right Click
- Bow-Tie Switch: Right/Left Selection
- Available Models: Small, Medium and Large (also available in Wireless Model.)
- Warranty: 2 Years
- Package Contents: Penguin Ambidextrous Vertical Mouse, User Guide
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|982-0098|| Penguin Ambidextrous Vertical Mouse, Small, Corded, USB|
|982-0100|| Penguin Ambidextrous Vertical Mouse, Medium, Corded, USB|
|982-0101|| Penguin Ambidextrous Vertical Mouse, Large, Corded, USB|
|HSNOTE|| Looking for external switches for input with your SmartNav4? View the various switch options here.|
|8DG55-PEN|| Black with Posturite logo, Bulk Packaging|