Page last updated: Fri, 19-Oct-2018 15:30:12
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
X-keys Stickby PI Engineering
| Usage Tips Accessories |
The X-keys XK-16 (XK-8 or XK-4) Stick is a USB HID class device that uses the latest MacroWorks 3.1 software and standard Xkeys functions to provide easily customizable layouts, programming options, and legending for whatever features required in a compact, "stick"' format. This unit has 16 (8 or 4) relegendable keys, blue backlighting for each addressable key, hardware mode supporting keyboard, mouse, and joystick emulation, and more. There is also now a Linux Software Development Kit for programmers.
This device can send keystrokes to any operating system or application which recognizes a USB keyboard. X-keys Sticks have internal memory which allows a user to program the Stick on one computer and retain that programming, so that the custom layout is recognized as Plug and Play on other computers. Clear key lenses keep printed or hand written legends securely in place and protect them from wear while making it quick and easy to update them. Red and blue backlighting with adjustable intensity and detachable feet under the housing improve the visibility and viewing angle of the key legends.
MacroWorks 3.1 (MW3) Software provides simple programming for launching applications, opening files or accessing directories. It allows the user to insert special characters, foreign language letters and symbols as Unicode text strings which can then be assigned to any key. PI Engineering's new PI3 firmware offers new capabilities to the developer including flash updates, a joystick / mouse emulation and the newly developed Reflector Mode. Reflector Mode allows the developer to send outbound messages to the X-keys which can be reflected back to the Operating System in keyboard, mouse or joystick data stream.
Optimization of the Workstation
- X-keys replace multiple keystrokes with single keystrokes, so that less finger movement and effort is required to performing frequent repetitive tasks. By creating these keying shortcuts the workload on the fingers is greatly reduced along with associated stress on the hand, wrist or arm.
- The X-keys Stick can be placed anywhere conveniently desired to address limitations imposed by the layout of the workstation, geography of programmed keys or personal preferences. In many cases, sticking it on the lower bezel of a monitor allows easy and quick access to the keys and frees up desk space.
- Applicable to a Number of Occupations: X-keys is ideal for Engineers, Artists and Graphic Designers, Non-Typists, Video Editors, HTML Coders, Internet Chat, Gamers, Programmers, and Data Entry typists. It also is applicable for anyone who frequently types information like names, phone numbers, passwords and keyboard shortcuts as part of their everyday workload. Keyboard macros and hotkeys offer quick, easy and direct access to specific functions, and the X-keys provides a clearly labeled, physical location for these complex or redundant actions.
- Software Mode vs Hardware Mode: In Software Mode, all programming of the keys is stored in your computer in MacroWorks 3.1 files (or ControllerMate) and requires the installation MacroWorks 3.1 software (or ControllerMate software) to function. If the device is moved to another computer without MacroWorks 3.1 (or ControllerMate) installed, it will not work. It would need to be installed again on another computer and the original programmed file copied to that computer or the device reprogrammed. When programming in Software Mode, sliding the programming switch on the device to the "On" position does not program the device in Hardware Mode but is part of programming in Software Mode. The XK-80 has Hardware Mode capability accessible through the updated MacroWorks 3.1 software.
- Short Travel Tactile Keyswitches: X-keys Stick have short travel tactile keyswitches, providing reliable performance (rated at over 1 million operations).
- Blue LED Backlighting: Illuminates key legends in dark working environments with individually customizable addressable blue backlights.
- Included Clear Keycaps: The clear keycaps snap off for applying and changing key legends, protecting the legends and providing quick visual cues to locate shortcuts and macros with a glance. Included precut legend sheets make it easy to hand inscribe labels for programmed keys.
- Double Stick Pads: In order to mount the X-keys Stick to a surface such as a back wall or monitor bezel, double stick pads are included so that it will adhere securely.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
X-keys Stick - 3 Models (XK-16, XK-8, XK-4)
X-keys Stick -XK-8
X-keys Stick -XK-16
X-keys Stick -Blue Backlighting
X-keys Stick - Attached to Vertical Surfaces
X-keys Stick - Side Profiles
X-keys Stick - XK-4 Package Contents
X-keys Stick - XK-8 Package Contents
X-keys Stick - XK-16 Package Contents
- Manual: PDF
- Specifications: PDF
- Dimensions: 14.13” x 0.88” x 0.63", (362 mm x 23 mm x 18 mm)
- Weight: 0.42 lbs. (0.19 kg)
- Cord length: 54" (1.3 m)
- Key cap type: 0.625" (16 mm) square, with removable clear caps for labelling
- Number of keys: 16 single keys for XK-16
8 single keys for XK-8
4 single keys for XK-4
- Software: Windows: MacroWorks 3, Mac: ControllerMate, Other: SDK
- Warranty: 1 year limited warranty
- Package Contents: X-keys Stick, Legend Sheet (1 pre-printed, 1 blank), Product Manual, Double stick pads
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|XK-0981-UCK16-R|| XK-16 Stick|
|XKS-08-USB-R|| XK-8 Stick|
|XKS-04-USB-R|| XK-4 Stick|