Page last updated: Fri, 20-Jul-2018 15:30:57
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
Newtral2 Mouseby Microtouch
| Usage Tips Accessories |
The Newtral2 Mouse from Microtouch offers new features and improved performance over its predecessor while still retaining all of the features of the original. Designed to support the palm and thumb, the body of the Newtral2 Mouse encourages users to rest their hand on the mouse rather than trying to grip it. The 33° outward angle of the mouse body helps to reduce pronation of the forearm, a common risk factor for fatigue and pain in the forearm and hand.
Three interchangeable flanges provide a surface for the little finger and outer edge of the palm to rest on, reducing friction and drag. The largest flange is a new addition to the Newtral Mouse family. This flange elevates the side and heel of the hand, as well as the wrist, with an integrated gel pad providing comfortable support. This new 'Ergo-Grip' configuration eliminates the need to maintain a grip on the device. Instead, the hand is held in position by gravity, and moves with the device.
The Newtral2 Mouse is available in sizes Large and Medium, and in wired and wireless models. Both wired and wireless models offer fingertip access to multiple DPI settings (see detailed specifications for details) enabling users to choose the pointer response best suited to their needs. The wired model is programmable (on Windows only), and ships with a Windows driver CD to allow users to reprogram all six buttons.
The Newtral2 Mouse is available for right-handed use only. Use this convenient Sizing Guide to assist in choosing the appropriate size of Newtral2 Mouse.
- The Newtral2 Mouse places the forearm at a 33° outward angle, a significant improvement over the fully pronated, or "palms down," position of a standard mouse. With the palms angled up in what is a more anatomically neutral position, the muscles and tissues of the forearm are subject to a great deal less tension and strain. Learn More About Pronation.
Reduces Risk of Developing 'Trigger Finger'
- The contoured design of the Newtral 2 provides support for the whole hand and the fingers. The user can relax the hand and let the fingers rest on the mouse. The waterfall design of the buttons reduces the load on the extensor muscles of the fingers as the user clicks. This design also helps users avoid hovering over the buttons in anticipation of a click (a habit that can lead to repetitive strain injuries.) Learn More About Trigger Finger.
Reduces Risk of Skin Irritation
- Use of one of the optional, included, flanges can provide varying degrees of support for the pinkie finger, the heel of the hand, and the underside of the wrist. Using the flanges will eliminate the friction that can sometimes lead to hypersentivity of the skin and nerves of the hand.
Helps to Neutralize Wrist Position
- The large Ergo-Grip flange option can reduce or eliminate wrist deviation, an action which has been associated with conditions such as Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Learn More About Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Contoured and Angled Body: The Newtral2 Mouse has a 33° outward slope to prevent pronation. The top is curved to support the hand in a slightly cupped position, allowing the fingers to curl naturally and comfortably.
- Six-Button Functionality: The Newtral2 Mouse offers users access to the standard left, right and middle click options as well as back and forward buttons for the thumb, and a scroll wheel.
- Wired and Wireless Models: Wired and wireless models of both the Medium and Large Newtral2 Mouse are available. This enables users whose work environment may not be conducive to a wired mouse to have access to the benefits and features of the Newtral2 Mouse.
- Adjustable DPI: Multiple DPI settings (four on the wired model and three on the wireless model) allow users to select the pointer sensitivity that best suits their work patterns and the needs of the task.
- Multiple Configuration Options: Three interchangeable, magnetically-attached flanges help users configure the mouse for specific uses. The "Precision Grip" offers fingertip control for designers and gamers; the "Balance Grip" balances precision and comfort; the "Ergo-Grip" offers comfort and efficiency for general office or administration work.
- Programmable Option on Wired Model: The wired version of the Newtral2 Mouse is programmable on Windows OS and comes with a Windows driver to enable users to fully reprogram all six buttons. Advanced users can even program custom macros and assign these to any of the six buttons.
- Two Sizes: Available in sizes Medium and Large, the Newtral Mouse 2 can meet the needs of the majority of users.
- Multiple Colour Options: The Newtral 2 is available in two-tone Silver/Black or Solid Black.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Newtral2 Mouse - Precision Grip
Newtral2 Mouse - Balance Grip
Newtral2 Mouse - Ergo Grip
Newtral2 Mouse - Wired & Wireless
Newtral2 Mouse - Grip Flange Options
Newtral2 Mouse - Comfortable Hand Support
Newtral2 Mouse - Sizing Guide
- Height: Medium: 2.2" (5.4 cm); Large: 2.25" (5.7 cm)
- Width (With Large Ergo Grip Flange Attached): Medium 3.6" (9.2 cm); Large 3.8" (9.8 cm)
- Depth (Front-to-Back): Medium: 6.5" (16.5 cm); Large: 6.8" (17.5 cm)
- Weight (Determined By Choice of Flange):
- Medium - 123 to 153 grams
- Large - 135 to 165 grams
- Medium: 113 -141 grams
- Large: 126 - 159 grams
- Cord Length (Wired Model): 78.7" (2.00 m)
- Interface (Wired Model): USB
- Interface (Wireless Model): 2.4 GHz RF Wireless
- Range (Wireless Model): 32.8' (10 m)
- Optical DPI Resolution: (Wired Model) Preset Resolutions are 750, 1000, 1500, 3000 DPI; 250 - 4000 Driver Adjustable DPI
(Wireless Model) 1000, 1500, 2000 DPI
- Number of Buttons: 6
- Compatibility: PC (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, 2000, XP); Mac (OS 9, OS 10.2.8 or later); Linux
- Installation: Plug-and-Play
- Programmability: (Wired model only) Driver Micro CD (Windows only) is included to customize the function of the six buttons; downloadable driver available via the manufacturer's website
- Warranty: 2 Years
- Package Contents (Wired Model): Newtral2 Mouse, Small, Medium and Large Flanges, User Manual, Driver Micro CD (Optional Windows Drivers - not necessary for basic functionality), Storage Bag
- Package Contents (Wireless Model): Newtral2 Mouse, Small, Medium and Large Flanges, Wireless Receiver, User Manual, 1 x AA Battery, Storage Bag
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|N200SWL|| Newtral2 Mouse, Wireless, Large, Silver|
|N200BWM|| Newtral2 Mouse, Wireless Medium, Black|
|N200BWL|| Newtral2 Mouse, Wireless, Large, Black|