Page last updated: Wed, 18-Jan-2017 16:11:39
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
WowPad Tray Sized Mousing Surfaceby Microthin
| Additional Resources Usage Tips Accessories |
The WowPad Tray Sized Mousing Surface by Microthin is an exceptionally thin (0.38 mm) mouse pad made of one single ply of antibacterial, chemically inert polyvinylchloride (PVC). The top is ideally suited to provide a precise tracking surface for optical and laser mice. The patented “sure-grip” bottom securely adheres to any smooth surface. Simply clean the mounting surface, press down firmly and the WowPad is secured. The mouse pad seamlessly integrates on the worksurface and is easily cleaned to the desired degree, using hot water or even soap, industrial cleaners and disinfectants (for applications where hygiene is a prime concern).
The Tray Sized WowPad also functions well as a writing surface superior to most common desk surfaces. While protecting the desk surface it provides a convenient location to jot down notes in a prime area while not actively mousing.
The Tray Sized WowPad is dimensioned to work well with current widescreen formats and dual monitor configurations and at 9.25" deep will also fit well on most one-piece keyboard trays. It provides plenty of surface area for unrestricted movement of even the largest of specialized ergonomic mice. The large dimensions let users set their mouse pointer speed lower and engage the larger muscles of the arm for mouse movement, rather than relying on micro-movements of the fingers and wrist, actions which greatly increase the risk of RSI and associated injuries such as Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. If one finds that the WowPad is a bit wide the minimal thickness lets it be positioned under one end of the keyboard with no noticeable change in keyboard elevation.
For other WowPad mouse pads, see the smaller circular or laptop models.
Note on Cleaning WowPads: The bottom can be cleaned with alcohol or glass cleaners.
Low Friction Surface
- The precisely textured surface of the WowPad is composed of thousands of hills and valleys as opposed to one smooth flat surface. As a result, the teflon glide pads on the bottom of the mouse only make contact with 20% of the surface, reducing the “drag” of the mouse on the surface by as much as 80%. Both the coefficient of static friction (beginning to move the mouse from a static position) and dynamic friction (the resistance on the mouse while it is moving) are reduced by a similar amount.
Eliminates Wrist Extension
- The 0.38 mm thick pad is not a source of wrist extension unlike other mouse pads which are often thicker and/or have palm pads which are a significant
Flush with Desktop
- At less than half a millimeter, the WowPad seamlessly merges with the worksurface. The edge is so thin that there is minimal issue with being on the pad or not, or accidentally going off the surface. If a portion of the pad has to go under another device (keyboard, phone, etc.) it will not affect the access or functionality.
“Soft” as a Stack of Papers
- In the same way that a writing pad or stack of paper improves writing fluidity of some pens and pencils, the textured surface achieves this same goal without being thick, bulky or impractical as a worksurface accessory.
- Extremely Thin: The exceptionally thin (0.38 mm) surface easily fits on any desktop or keyboard tray.
- Convenient Sizing: The Tray Sized Wowpad is perfectly sized to fit on most common one-piece keyboard trays. If a user finds it a bit wide they can easily tuck one edge underneath the keyboard as the minimal thickness will not be detectable. As well, the dimensions are well-suited to use with current widescreen formats and dual monitor configurations.
- Precision Tracking Design: The “TechPad” design used on the WowPad provides optimal tracking with all optical and laser mice.
- Anti-Bacterial: The WowPad is composed of polyvinylchloride (PVC) material which is inherently of anti-microbial construction. Microbes need a place to embed themselves — at 30,000X magnification, this material is completely smooth so there is nowhere for the microbes to “dwell”. Most plastics are pitted so there are tiny “dents” which prevents them from being considered anti-microbial. Triclosan is added to the underside of the Microthin mousepads (the non-skid surface).
- Durable: The surface does not degrade from cleaning or washing and is resistant to wear from usage. The Wowpad in all cases is superior to mousing on the surface of a standard desk.
- Non-Slip Bottom: The bottom of the pad is non-slip and quickly affixes to any clean surface for quick installation. Should the pad collect dust or debris, simply run hot water over it, let it dry and it is ready for redeployment.
- BPS and Latex Free: The construction does not use either of these materials which some individuals prefer to not have in their work environment.
- Antistatic: The material is inherently antistatic and will not cause issues for users who might experience shocks due to static.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
WowPad Tray Sized Mousing Surface
WowPad Tray Sized Mousing Surface - with ErgoCanada logo
- Width: 12.5" (31.8 cm)
- Depth (front to back): 9.25" (23.5 cm)
- Height: 0.015" (0.38 mm)
- Colour: Black
- Material: Polyvinylchloride (PVC)
- Shape: Rectangle
- Package Contents: WowPad Tray Sized Mousing Surface
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|912TR-002|| Black, bulk packaging NO 30 DAY CSG ON MOUSEPADS|
|912TR-002-ERGO|| Black, legended with ErgoCanada Logo, bulk packaging NO 30 DAY CSG ON MOUSEPADS|