| Additional Resources Usage Tips Accessories |
Inspired by the Apple design philosophy, the Matias Wired Aluminum Keyboard is for individuals who miss the Apple Wired Keyboard with Numeric Keypad. It has all the key design elements Mac users were familiar with; a silver aluminum case with white keycaps, a 2 port USB 2.0 hub, all the special Mac functions that were on the now discontinued Apple Wired Keyboard with Numeric Keypad, and a hard wired connection via a USB cable. Improvements on this Matias product include Matias scissor switches providing a satisfying typing experience in a slim design. Matias has also added a high precision volume control dial with 64 levels on the top edge of the keyboard for those who desire more accurate volume control than the 16 settings provided through the traditional volume up and down keys.
For number crunchers, a dedicated numeric keypad is not optional, and this keyboard provides with the reliability of a wired connection to the computer. The Matias Wired Aluminum Keyboard is compatible with Mac OS X all the way back to Version 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard).
This keyboard only weighs 1.2 lbs and comes with a one meter (3.25 foot) USB cable.
Reduced Risk of Wrist Extension
- The Wired Aluminum Keyboard presents a low front profile which means that there is not a significant difference between keyboard height and the work surface. For users who "rest" the heel of their hands when keyboarding low profile can reduce the risks associated with wrist extension. Learn more about Wrist Extension.
Reduced Risk of Shoulder and Back Pain
- Keying on laptops requires users to position their hands unnaturally close together. This requires them to roll their shoulders in and usually also down. This puts undue strain on both the shoulders and the upper back. Extended use of devices requiring this posture can have a noticeable effect on the health of the shoulders and back. The Wired Aluminum Keyboard addresses this by providing users with a means of entering data on these devices without the space limitations of the device screen.
- Hard Wired USB Connection: The Wired Aluminum Keyboard uses a dedicated USB cable to connect to the Mac. This ensures a quick, reliable and secure connection to any Mac device.
- Integrated Numeric Keypad: Unlike the Apple Wireless keyboard, the Wired Aluminum Keyboard includes a full numeric keypad, which provides Apple users with complete keyboard functionality like they were used to in the now discontinued Apple Wired Keyboard with Numeric Keypad.
- Low Profile Design: The Wired Aluminum Keyboard employs a "chiclet" or "island" keycap which permits a very low profile. The profile tapers from 3/4" at the back to just 3/8" thick at the front, presenting a slightly angled profile to the user.
- Familiar Design: Apple users will appreciate the familiar Silver colour and design.
- Non-Reflective Finish: The Wired Aluminum Keyboard features a matte anodized finish which eliminates reflection and glare. It also means fingerprints are not visible.
- Slightly Concave Keycaps: To assist touch typists in maintaining home row position on the keyboard the keycaps feature a very slight concave surface just barely detectable by the fingertips.
- Mac-Friendly Function Keys: Common Mac functions such as screen brightness and volume control are easily accessed. Users who require the traditional F-Key functions can temporarily access these using the "fn" key.
- Sturdy Aluminum Housing: The upper housing on the Wired Aluminum Keyboard is of aluminum which ensures strength and rigidity.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Matias Wired Aluminum Keyboard
Matias Wired Aluminum Keyboard
Matias Wired Aluminum Keyboard - Dual USB 2.0 Ports
Matias Wired Aluminum Keyboard - Precision Volume Dial
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|FK318S|| Wired Aluminum Keyboard|