Page last updated: Wed, 22-Mar-2017 15:36:33
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
508 Keyboardby Matias
| Ergonomic Benefits Additional Resources Usage Tips Accessories |
The 508 Keyboard gives you the best of both worlds – one-hand and two-hand typing. It's a full-size, standard keyboard that allows you to touch-type with your left hand, your right hand, or both hands. Whatever's more convenient. You decide.
- Ideal for hand related injuries:
- Ideal for one-handedness, Hemiplegia, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, and other
hand-related injuries, Matias' innovative one-handed typing technology
provides one-handed typists access comparable to two-handed typists, without
- It offers greater accessibility for disabled users, as well as productivity
gains for other office workers. The added convenience of typing with one
hand is ideal when using a mouse or a telephone with the other hand.
- Comparable speed: One-handed typing speeds in the 30 to 60 words-per-minute range are easily achievable using the Matias 508 Keyboard. This range is comparable to the performance of most two-handed typists, and more than sufficient for typical clerical tasks.
- Comparable skills:
- One-handed typing is fast and easy on the 508 Keyboard. Since it uses
your exisitng skills, the learning curve is very short.
- An average touch-typist can start one-handed typing immediately, and
will reach 34 words per minute after less than 10 hours of use.
- For a non-touch typist, learning time is the same as learning two-handed
- Use either hand - or both:
- The Matias 508 Keyboard allows one-handed typing using either hand,
left or right, or both hands, just like a standard keyboard.
- One-handed typing can be switched on or off, using the "matias"
key. Press once for one-handed typing, twice for two-handed typing.
- One-handed typing on the 508 Keyboard is a lot like two-handed touch-typing:
- Press the "matias" key once to turn on one-handed typing
(pressing twice turns it off).
- Place your hand in the standard home row position, and touch-type
in the standard way.
- For letters of the other (non-used) hand, hold down the space bar
with your thumb, and use the fingers of your typing hand to do the
same movements that the other hand normally does.
- Tap the space bar to type spaces.
- Tap the Shift key once to capitalize the next letter you type.
- The industry standard:
- Matias has proudly served the needs of the disability community for
over 10 years. Its technology is the de facto standard for one-handed
typing in the industry.
- The surface of each key is clearly labelled with all of the characters
and functions of both regular and one-handed typing modes, serving as
an easy visual reference for the user.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
508 Keyboard - dual layered keys
508 Keyboard - speed potential chart
- Width: 18.5" (47.0 cm)
- Depth (front to back): 7.0" (17.8 cm)
- Height: 1.0" (2.5 cm)
- Keyswitch type: High-quality rubber dome
- Colour: Black keys and casing,
- Compatibility: Windows 95, 98, 2000, NT,
- Interface: PS/2 (PS/2 to USB adapter
- Warranty: 5 years
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|FK508|| 508 Keyboard