Page last updated: Fri, 12-Oct-2018 14:00:18
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
GelPro Elite Anti-Fatigue Matby Lets Gel, Inc.
| Additional Resources Accessories |
The GelPro Elite Anti-Fatigue Mats by Lets Gel provide a superior cushioning for those who choose to work without footwear. The 0.75" thick patented Dual Comfort Core combines a top layer of soothing gel with the support of a bottom layer of energy-return foam. The gel "flows", gently conforming to the contours of the feet, making the GelPro Elite Anti-Fatigue mats especially well-suited for those who are working without footwear. The lower layer of energy return foam provides additional cushioning and acts as a shock-absorber for impacts greater than what the gel can absorb on its own. This combination of materials creates a product with excellent anti-fatigue properties, able to significantly reduce joint stress, fatigue, and discomfort from standing. This makes the GelPro Elite Mats a good choice for those experiencing a wide range of back, leg, or foot related discomfort.
The GelPro mats feature beveled and non-curling reinforced contoured edges with softly rounded corners, eliminating potential tripping hazards. The underside is a certified non-slip material which further enhances the safety.
Unlike many other anti-fatigue mats, the surfaces of the GelPro Elite Anti-Fatigue Mats are textured for additional comfort, providing a surface with greater breathability than most and are available in multiple textures and colours. The textured and coloured surfaces combine to create an anti-fatigue mat with aesthetics which make it as suitable at home as it is in the office.
Note: Footwear eliminates the natural contours of the feet, presenting a uniform flat surface to the mat. This prevents the gel from "flowing" to match the natural shape of the feet. The result is that users in footwear may find that the gel layer feels "squishy" and creates a floating effect which they may not appreciate. Those who intend to use their mat primarily when wearing footwear might want to consider the MATAR Anti-Fatigue Mats as a more suitable option.
- GelPro Elite Anti-Fatigue Mats are designed with the sole purpose of reducing fatigue from standing. The high degree of cushioning reduces sustained pressure on the soles of the feet and encourages a continuous flexing of the muscles and joints which encourages blood flow in the lower legs. This reduction in fatigue can improve concentration, lead to better productivity, and increase overall energy levels.
Reduces Risk of Lower Limb Issues
- Extended standing on hard surfaces can result in damage to the joints of the lower limbs and can increase the potential for swelling (edema) as blood pools in the legs. The highly cushioned and responsive surface of the GelPro Elite Anti-Fatigue Mat reduces these risks by reducing the impact on joints and encouraging ongoing small muscle movements that help to move blood back out of the legs.
Increases Standing Time
- Most people find that standing for extended periods, especially on a hard tile or concrete floor (or thinly carpeted concrete floors) introduces progressive fatigue to the feet, legs, and then the entire body. Employing an anti-fatigue mat such as the GelPro Elite Anti-Fatigue Mat, designed specifically to reduce the pressure on the soles of the feet and increase the movements which boost energy, can greatly extend the length of their standing periods.
Can Reduce Risk of Back Injury
- Highly cushioned, anti-fatigue mats such as the GelPro can reduce the risk of spinal compression as the mat absorbs impact as users shift their weight throughout the workday. It also encourages more flexibility as muscles perform small adjustments as users shift their weight on the mats, changing the angles at which their ankles, knees and hips are positioned. This translates into regular movement of the lower back muscles which would not occur when standing on a rigid flooring surface.
Can Lead to Improved Safety and Performance
- Tired workers make mistakes. Depending on the type of work being performed this can be as minor as simple errors in written communications to costly and life-changing injuries. By reducing the fatigue level with a quality anti-fatigue mat designed specifically for standing, users can work not only more safely but with increased productivity.
- Dual Core Construction: The GelPro Elite Anti-Fatigue Mat incorporates 2 materials. The base is comprised of an "energy return foam" that provides the "bounce back" effect that makes these mats so effective at cushioning. The upper layer is a proprietary gel that supplies the "comfort" for the tired feet. The gel "flows" to contour to the feet, reducing pressure points and even distributing weight over the entire contact surface of the foot.
- Superb Cushioning: GelPro Elite Anti-Fatigue Mats have a well-deserved reputation for their cushioning. Users find that fatigue and general discomfort are greatly reduced. The "bounce" which the mats provide subconsciously encourages small movements of the feet, ankles and even knees which in turn reduce the risks associated with static standing.
- Decorative Surface: GelPro Elite Anti-Fatigue Mats are available in multiple colour and surface patterns. The textured upper surface adds to the comfort of the gel surface by introducing tactile stimulation to the soles of the feet.
- Designed for Standing: GelPro Elite Anti-Fatigue Mats are designed for standing, not sitting. For this reason they are able to offer a much greater degree of support and cushioning to users than other "anti-fatigue" products which are promoted as suitable for use with an office chair. With no sacrifice necessary to accommodate the movement of a chair the GelPro Elite Anti-Fatigue Mat can achieve much higher comfort levels than those other firmer dual-purpose mats can provide. There is a rule-of-thumb which applies here – i.e. "A good anti-fatigue mat will not make a good chair mat, and a good chair mat will not make a good anti-fatigue mat". Any mat which is promoted to serve both purposes is making a sacrifice in performance for both purposes.
- Durable Surface: GelPro Elite Anti-Fatigue Mats are puncture and stain resistant. However, care should be taken to not damage the upper gel layer by cutting or puncture. Sharp heels should be avoided as should performing actions such as using a chair on the mat. For situations where usage could potentially lead to a cut or puncture the MATAR Anti-Fatigue Mats are a more suitable solution and provide an equal level of cushioning. The absence of an upper gel layer means that MATAR Mats have no potential for leakage should the mat surface be damaged.
- High-Traction Bottom: Safety is ensured. The high traction bottom hugs the floor, keeping the mats securely in position.
- Bevelled Edges: Additional safety is provided by the 18° bevelled edges which reduce the risk of tripping for both users and passersby.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
GelPro Elite Anti-Fatigue Mat - Charcoal with Grass Texture
GelPro Elite Anti-Fatigue Mat - Slate with Vintage Leather Texture
GelPro Elite Anti-Fatigue Mat - Putty with Mosaic Texture
GelPro Elite Anti-Fatigue Mat - Dual Core - Dual Comfort
GelPro Elite Anti-Fatigue Mat - Kitchen
GelPro Elite Anti-Fatigue Mat - Kitchen
GelPro Elite Anti-Fatigue Mat - Laundry
- Since the upper gel layer creates a "floating" sensation when wearing footwear you may wish to remove your shoes for optimum comfort. This permits the gel to flow and contour itself to your feet, optimizing the weight spread across the entire surface of the feet. Because the gel is able to contour to the feet the "floating" effect is eliminated. If you wish to wear footwear we would recommend considering an alternative mat which does not incorporate the gel layer. The MATAR Anti-Fatigue Mats are better suited for use with footwear and provide a high level of cushioning for superb comfort.
- Actively engage your feet and legs in movement. Take advantage of the resiliency of your GelPro Mat and make a point of shifting or rocking your feet. Doing this will reduce the amount of time you keep pressure on any given part of your foot, engage muscles which can increase blood flow, and encourage use of small muscles which can become tight from fixed standing positions. This will also result in more energy as your body maintains a level of activity not present when standing statically.
- Avoid standing on your GelPro Elite mat with stiletto style heels. Although they are highly resistant to punctures this type of usage will increase the risk of damaging the surface.
- Do not expect to roll a chair or other weighted equipment over a GelPro Anti-Fatigue Mat. The small weight-bearing surface which casters and wheels have will cause them to "sink" into the mat—effectively locking the wheel in place. Also, the high concentration of weight in one spot increases the potential for damage to the upper gel layer.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|109-23-2036-4|| 20" D x 36" W x 0.75" H, Charcoal with Grasscloth Texture|
|109-28-2036-4|| 20" D x 36" W x 0.75" H, Slate with Vintage Leather Texture|
|109-30-2036-4|| 20" D x 36" W x 0.75" H, Putty with Mosaic Texture|