Page last updated: Fri, 18-Aug-2017 14:17:08
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
Duet Sit-Stand Armby KV Waterloo
| Additional Resources Accessories |
The Duet Sit-Stand Arm can be employed to create a sit-stand workstation suitable for a wide range of users. It offers a wide range of height adjustment, able to be lowered a full 6.5" below and raised to 12.5" above the mounting point.
The Duet Sit-Stand Arm features a convenient tilt control release permitting ±15° of worksurface adjustment and a field adjustable coil spring which adjusts for load counter balance. Height adjustment is easily accomplished by using the T-pull release to disengage the lock, then raising or lowering the tray to the desired working height. The slim (only 0.75" wide) dual arm (with crossbar) design ensures that the knees and legs have plenty of room - and far more than any single central support arm. The Duet Sit-Stand Arm is available in four widths, each offering progressively more width between the tray support arms. For optimum workspace and knee clearance the wider models are generally recommended unless there are space restrictions.
The Duet Sit-Stand Arm easily accommodates custom-built trays or you may choose to select the appropriate Duet Arm Custom Tray to create a complete sit-stand workstation. The 39" tray is wide enough for a keyboard, mouse, phone and notepad - a complete desk available for use while sitting or standing.
When installed on an average height, 1" thick worksurface (28.5" from the floor to the underside of the desk), this arm can elevate an attached tray to 41". By taking advantage of the negative inclination option and angling the front edge of the tray upwards the potential user height range can be extended slightly higher (42" - 43"). Note: For taller users it may be possible to achieve greater elevation by employing a product such as RaiseIts to raise the desk, thereby raising the mounting point. If this is not practical there are many other options available to create sit-stand workstations for taller users.
While the Duet Sit-Stand Arm does offer a wide range of height adjustment, it accomplishes this with the sacrifice of storability. If the ability to store the tray below the desk is necessary there are other options which may be suitable. Please call and speak with a Customer Service Representative should this be the case.
Prevents Strain on the Shoulder and Neck Muscles
- Duet Sit-Stand Arms help to maximize ergonomic support for individual users at seated and standing workstations. Every user can adjust the sit-stand keyboard arm to ensure an installed worksurface or tray is placing their input devices at a height that allows the muscles of the shoulders and neck to remain relaxed.
Improves Ability to Maintain Healthy Wrist Alignment
- The Duet Sit-Stand Arm makes it easy for users to position the keyboard tray at the most comfortable height and angle, even while standing. The nearly effortless adjustment offers all users the ability to create a neutral wrist alignment, and to reduce or prevent the risk of developing keyboard-related Repetitive Strain Injuries (RSI).
Enables Correct Posture
- Using a tray mounted on the Duet Sit-Stand Arm to place the keyboard and mouse at the proper height, the user can maintain correct posture—with the shoulders back and relaxed—while standing. The user can also maintain a comfortable seated position, as the arm allows the keyboard tray to be lowered to the thighs without impeding knee movement.
Helps to Reduce Eye Fatigue
- The limited depth of many modern desks often positions the screen too close for comfortable viewing, especially at workstations where large or multiple monitors are deployed. In these circumstances the addition of a Duet Sit-Stand Arm can correct the viewing distance by providing several inches of additional space between the user and the monitor(s).
Helps to Reduce the Risk of Overuse Injuries to the Neck
- Adding a Duet Sit-Stand Arm to a workstation can help users reduce repetitive neck movements in two ways. First, it frees up space between the keyboard and monitor for reading and reference materials, reducing the need to turn the head to the side to read. Second, by correcting the viewing distance (as described in the point above) the arm increases the onscreen field of view visible by eye tracking alone. The frequency and degree of neck rotation, especially for those working with larger screens or multiple monitors, can be significantly reduced.
- A correctly positioned keyboard and mouse helps to minimize fatigue. Awkward and incorrect placement of these devices can require constant exertion since the user is rarely able to fully relax the muscles. The Duet Sit-Stand Arm helps to create an ergonomic environment that allows the user to adopt a relaxed, natural posture—reducing tension, stress, and the pain that often accompanies them.
- Stable Worksurface: The non-storing dual arm model of the Duet Sit-Stand Arm ensures that users are able to benefit from a rigid worksurface with negligible bounce or vibration.
- Multiple Width Options: Four different widths are available, each offering both progressively greater knee clearance between the arm supports as well as the ability to support a larger worksurface.
- Can Accept Custom or Ready-Made Keyboard Trays: The Duet Sit-Stand Arms can be equipped with ready-made trays or users have the option of installing their own custom trays. Ready-made trays are sized and pre-drilled to match specific widths of the Duet Sit-Stand Arm. Note: When mounting a custom tray it is advised to position it with a 1" clearance between the back of the tray and the mounting surface when the tray is level with the mounting surface.
- Locking Brake Mechanism: A convenient T-Handle releases the spring-loaded braking mechanism, permitting the tray to be easily raised or lowered to the desired height.
- Adjustable Counter-Balance: An adjustable coil spring enables users to set the lifting resistance to match the weight of the tray and the materials it supports. This ensures that minimal effort needs to be exerted when raising or lowering the keyboard tray.
- Tray Tilt Angle Adjustment: Duet Sit-Stand Arms accommodate tray angle adjustment ±15° from level.
- Knee Clearance: Dual slender support arms less than 0.75" (1.9 cm) wide provide rigid support from the sides, freeing the centre of the tray from all obstructions.
- Adjustable to a Wide Range of Heights: Height adjustable within 19" (48.3 cm) range (12.5" (31.8 cm) above and 6.5" (16.5 cm) below work surface)
- Well Built: Exceeds ANSI / BIFMA standards
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Sit-Stand Duet Arm - Information
Sit-Stand Duet Arm - Installation Specs
Sit-Stand Duet Arm - Without Tray
7080D2300: 23" (58.4 cm)
7080D2700: 27" (68.6 cm)
7080D3100: 31" (78.4 cm)
7080D3900: 39" (99.1 cm)
- Depth (front to back): 22.5" (57.2 cm) - Tray may extend further.
- Mounting Depth Required: 10" (25.4 cm)
- Height Adjustment Range:
Note: Heights are measured
from underside of mounting surface to
top of keyboard tray)
Max above mounting surface:
12.5" (31.8 cm)
Max below mounting surface:
6.5" (16.5 cm)
- Tilt Adjustability: 0° (level) ±
- Height Adjustment Mechanism: T-Pull release
- Tilt Adjustment Mechanism: Knob
- Tilt Indicator Present?: No
- Storage?: None
- Finish: Black wrinkle paint (all
- Load Rating: 150 lbs (68.0 kg)
- Weight (packaged shipping weight per unit): 7080D2300: 20.2 lbs (9.16 kg)
7080D2700: 20.6 lbs (9.34 kg)
7080D3100: 21.0 lbs (9.52 kg)
7080D3900: 22.0 lbs (9.98 kg)
- Warranty: 15 Year Limited, Manufacturer Direct
- Package Contents: Duet Sit-Stand Arm, Mounting Template and Instructions, Mounting Hardware
- Note: When measuring to determine the available mounting space it is necessary to measure the "underside" of the desk and to ensure that there are no privacy panels or other obstructions that might interfere with the mounting of the Duet arm. Do NOT rely on a "top" measurement for the reasons already stated. Since the Duet Sit-Stand Arm requires just 10" of mounting depth it can be mounted on most desks.
- To adjust the height of the Duet Sit-Stand Arm you will need to pull the T-handle which is mounted to the underside of the tray. This releases the brake and permits the tray to easily be moved up or down as necessary. Adjust the tension of the spring to minimize the effort required to perform height adjustments.
- When using a Duet Sit-Stand Arm at a standing desk, be sure your monitors are at an appropriate viewing height. You may need to add an adjustable height monitor arm to your workstation so that you can easily raise and lower the monitors as you switch between sitting and standing. Correct positioning of your monitors will reduce the risk of developing neck and shoulder pain. Learn More About the Risks of Improper Monitor Position.
- When setting the height and angle of the keyboard tray, ensure your posture is as neutral as possible. Your shoulders should be relaxed (neither hunched nor hanging), your elbows should be at an angle of about 90° or slightly more open, and a line from your forearms through the back of your wrists should be reasonably straight. Learn More About Correctly Adjusting Your Keyboard Tray
- When using a Duet Sit-Stand Arm make a point of switching between sitting and standing on a regular basis. The benefits of sit-stand workplaces come from the movement involved. Static standing and static sitting can both negatively affect the health. Many people also find that extended standing can result in tired feet and lower legs and tired muscles in the lower back. Frequently transitioning between these positions ensures regular movement while also reducing the potential for overworking the legs and lower back. Regular movement also improves overall bloodflow which may lead to greater alertness while working.
- If you find that standing is tiring but do not wish to return to a traditional "sitting" position you may want to consider one of the many "lean-into" or "perching" stool options which are available. These offer many of the benefits associated with standing without some of the accompanying side-effects.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|7080DT2300|| Accommodates a 23" keyboard tray|
|7080DT2700|| Accommodates a 27" keyboard tray|
|7080DT3100|| Accommodates a 31" keyboard tray|
|7080DT3900|| Accommodates a 39" keyboard tray|