Page last updated: Fri, 16-Feb-2018 15:41:32
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
Freestyle2 Keypad for PCby Kinesis Corporation
| Additional Resources Accessories |
The Kinesis Freestyle2 Keypad for PC is a convenient and valuable accessory for number crunchers who regularly need to perform arithmetic or other 10-key intensive input. The freedom to locate the numeric keypad in the most ergonomic location at any given time—independent of the keyboard—provides real benefits to many users. This keypad seamlessly matches the low-profile design of the Freestyle2 keyboard and features the same proven, low-force, quiet and tactile membrane key switches. By comparison, the Kinesis Low Force Tactile Numeric Keypad is larger in all dimensions and uses a low-force tactile mechanical key switch with a longer operating life.
A 2-port USB 2.0 hub allows easy and convenient connection of peripherals such as a keyboard and mouse. Tab and Backspace, useful keys while performing numeric input, are included in the layout and embedded actions to access Cut, Copy and Paste are also included. This product is a cost-effective means to add a high-quality external numeric keypad to a workstation.
Note: The Kinesis Freestyle2 Keypad for PC is compatible with most currently produced keyboards. However, a very small set of compact keyboards (such as the Goldtouch keyboard by Key Ovation, and the Scissor Switch Compact Keyboard by SolidTek) use the NumLock key instead of the Function (FN) key to toggle the keyboard's embedded numeric keypad on and off. Most numeric keypads, including the Freestyle2 Keypad, are not compatible with these keyboards. Consider the Low Force Tactile Numeric Keypad (AC210USB-BLK) for use with these specific keyboards.
Optimizes the Workstation for Any User
- As a standalone device, the Freestyle2 Keypad for PC is equally suited to left- and right-handed users, as well as to anyone who wants to balance the load by switching hands. The device can be positioned wherever it best suits the ergonomic needs of each user and their work habits. When it is not in use, it can be moved out of the way to free up space in the Comfort Zone for a mouse or other frequently used device. Learn More About the Comfort Zone.
Reduces Finger Strain and Fatigue
- The Freestyle2 Keypad for PC can reduce the potential for users to "bottom out" the keys with the resulting jarring impact. The full-travel, low-force membrane keyswitches offer a tactile but not overly resistive response which notifies the user when the key has activated. The extra travel distance offers time for the fingers to slow their descent unlike low-travel switches which bottom out almost immediately after the activation point. The reduction in speed can greatly reduce the amount and/or degree of impacts that are encountered by the fingers while performing regular keyboard work.
Reduces Finger Strain and Fatigue
- Tactile low-force membrane keyswitches reduce the amount of effort required to type, especially beneficial for those doing extensive numeric data entry.
Reduces Wrist Extension
- The Freestyle2 Keypad for PC has a neutral, low-profile design (7/8") with 0° slope. The keycaps are negatively inclined at 10°. The result is an overall negative slope that helps to reduce wrist (and finger) extension when using this keypad. Learn More About Wrist Extension.
- Four commonly used keys are built into the layout of this keypad to help users avoid having to reach back to the keyboard during 10-key input. These are the Esc, Tab, Backspace and "=" keys. In addition, embedded actions to access Cut, Copy and Paste directly from the numerica keypad are also included.
- Quiet Full Travel Keyswitches: Full travel (3.9 mm) light activation (44 grams of force) membrane keyswitches offer tactile feedback without high resistance. With a 10 million activation rating these keyswitches can provide years of reliable data entry. The relatively quiet response is well-suited to locations where the higher quality mechanical keys of the Kinesis Low Force Tactile Numeric Keypad may be a distraction in the workplace.
- Full Height Concave Crowned Keycaps: The full height crowned keycaps can improve accuracy by ensuring that fingers make distinct contact with each key. The crowning ensures that there is a clear gap between the keys, and the concave key cap surface guides the fingers into the centre of the keys.
- Low Profile: The low profile (just 7/8") design of the Freestyle2 Keypad for PC reduces the potential for wrist extension. It also matches the low profile of the Freestyle2 Separated Keyboard.
- Integrated Dual USB 2.0 Port: Convenient dual USB 2.0 ports are included, meaning users can connect other devices such as keyboard, mouse, or memory stick, freeing up USB ports on their computer. This is especially valuable where laptops with limited USB port access are being used as the CPU.
- Compact Design: The Kinesis Low Force Tactile Numeric Keypad is easily portable and offers an ergonomic alternative to the number row on a laptop keyboard.
- Cut, Copy, and Paste Embedded Functions: Users are able to quickly access Cut, Copy, and Paste functions directly from the keypad. These alternate functions are quickly and easily accessed through the upper rank of keys on the keypad
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Freestyle2 Keypad for PC
Freestyle2 Keypad for PC Dual USB 2.0 Hub
Freestyle2 Keypad for PC - Low Profile
- Width: 3.5"
- Height: 0.875"
- Depth (front to back): 7.125"
- Cable Length: 6'
- Colour: Black
- Weight: 0.5 lbs (227 grams)
- Keyswitch Type: Membrane (Quiet tactile)
- Compatibility: All versions of Windows including Windows 8 (32 & 64) and Windows 10
- Legends: Pad Printed with a clear UV coating
- Warranty: 2 Years
- Package Contents: Freestyle2 Keypad for PC, User Guide
- Position the keypad as close to the keyboard as possible, whether you use it on the left or the right side. This will reduce the amount of outward rotation of the shoulder that will be required and will keep the keypad with the Comfort Zone.Learn More About the Comfort Zone.
- If using the keypad on the same side as your mouse make a point of setting it out of the way when possible and bringing the mouse in as close as possible, also to keep the mouse in the Comfort Zone whenever possible.
- Try to keep the keypad at the same height as the keyboard and mouse. It is not advisable to place it up and on the desk when using a keyboard tray as this requires continuous reaching and stretching. Modifying the workspace to accommodate a single-level deployment of all devices should be a primary consideration in this scenario.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|AC800HPB-US|| Freestyle2 Keypad for PC, USB, Black|