Page last updated: Mon, 17-Sep-2018 15:37:52
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
Goldtouch Ergonomic Mouseby Key Ovation
| Additional Resources Usage Tips |
The Goldtouch Ergonomic Mouse tilts the hand by 24°, so that the thumb is higher than the little finger. This position places less strain on the muscles and joints of the arm, wrist and hand than the familiar "palm down" position. The mouse features a non-slip concave well for the thumb and oversized curved buttons in a rounded design that provides comfort and support for the whole hand.
A corded version of the Goldtouch Ergonomic Mouse is available for left and right handed users; Bluetooth models (with and without Receiver Dongles) are available for right handed users only.
Note: Users whose computers are not Bluetooth-compatible by default (i.e. the majority of Windows desktop computers) should order a Goldtouch Ergonomic Mouse with Bluetooth Receiver Dongle included (KOV-GTM-BTD). Users who have computers with built-in Bluetooth connectivity can order the Bluetooth version of the Goldtouch Ergonomic Mouse. (KOV-GTM-B)
Helps to Relieve Pain in the Elbow
- The pronated position of the hand causes one of the two bones in the forearm to rotate over the other. This normal position, when sustained or when adopted too frequently, puts significant stress on the forearm muscles and on the elbow joint. With its 24° slope, the Goldtouch Ergonomic Mouse reduces pronation, allowing many users to mouse more comfortably with the forearm bones and tissues in an anatomically neutral position. Learn why pronation should be avoided by those suffering from Medial Epicondylitis
or Lateral Epicondylitis
Reduces Risk of Pain in the Back of the Hand
- The rounded contours of the Goldtouch Ergonomic Mouse enable users to rest the fingers comfortably on the mouse between clicks, helping to prevent the development of a habit known as “hovering” in anticipation of the next mouse click. Hovering places a great deal of strain on the small muscles and tendons in the back of the hand and can cause extreme pain and loss of dexterity.
Reduces Strain on the Shoulder Muscles
- The sturdy housing of the Goldtouch Ergonomic Mouse provides ample support for the weight of the hand, allowing the muscles of the shoulder to remain relaxed while the user is mousing.
Reduces Strain on the Fingers and Elbow
- Large left and right click buttons allow the fingers to curl naturally over the mouse without engaging the extensor or flexor muscles. This relaxed position reduces irritation of the ulnar nerve that runs through the hand and the elbow, reduces strain on the muscles and tendons of the hand and fingers, and allows the user to click with minimal movement at the finger joints.
- Sloped Design: The 24° tilt reduces pronation and creates a comfortable, anatomically neutral position for the hand, wrist, forearm and elbow joint.
- Oversized “Waterfall” Buttons: Fingers have a large, easy-to-reach target and can relax in a partially curled posture.
- Comfortable Housing: Smooth contours and rounded design make the Goldtouch Ergonomic Mouse easy to adapt to and comfortable to use.
- Available for Left and Right Hand: The corded version of the Goldtouch Ergonomic Mouse is available in left and right handed models.
- Available in Bluetooth: Right handed Bluetooth models are available for Bluetooth enabled systems and devices as well as non-Bluetooth computers (see note below).
Note: Users whose computers are NOT Bluetooth-compatible by default (i.e. the majority of Windows desktop computers) should order a Goldtouch Ergonomic Mouse with Bluetooth Receiver Dongle included (KOV-GTM-BTD). Users who have computers with built-in Bluetooth connectivity can order the Bluetooth version of the Goldtouch Ergonomic Mouse. (KOV-GTM-B)
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Goldtouch Ergonomic Mouse
Goldtouch Ergonomic Mouse - front view
Goldtouch Ergonomic Mouse - top view
Goldtouch Ergonomic Mouse - front view, left-handed model
Goldtouch Ergonomic Mouse - another front view, left-handed model
New 3D Interactive Virtual Product
- Width: 3.15" (8.0 cm)
- Depth (front to back): 4.5" (11.4 cm)
Maximum 2.05" (5.2 cm)
Minimum 1.18" (3.0 cm)
Wired: 4.8 oz (136 grams)
Wireless: 3.9 oz (109 grams)
- Cable length: 5' 4" (1.63 m)
- Optical resolution: 1000 DPI
- Tilt: 24°
PC: XP, VISTA, 7, 8, 10
Note: The Goldtouch Ergonomic Mouse supports Windows PC and MAC without requiring 3rd party drivers. 3 buttons support left and right click with center wheel click to activate scroll function on PC. 1 to 3 button support for MAC as supported by the OS version.
Mac OS X (10.4 or later);
Linux, UNIX (requires drivers for a standard HID mouse)
USB 2.0 (USB to PS/2 adapter included)
Bluetooth - supports internal and external Bluetooth
- Warranty: 1 Year
- Package Contents:
Wired: Goldtouch Ergonomic Mouse, PS2 to USB Converter, User Guide
Bluetooth: Goldtouch Ergonomic Mouse, 2 x AA Batteries, User Guide
Bluetooth with Dongle: Goldtouch Ergonomic Mouse, Bluetooth Receiver Dongle, 2 x AA Batteries, User Guide
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|KOV-GTM-R|| Goldtouch Ergonomic Mouse, Right Hand, Corded, Silver|
|KOV-GTM-L|| Goldtouch Ergonomic Mouse, Left Hand, Corded, Silver|
|KOV-GTM-B|| Goldtouch Ergonomic Mouse, Right Hand, Bluetooth (no Bluetooth Receiver Dongle), Silver|
|KOV-GTM-BTD|| Goldtouch Ergonomic Mouse, Right Hand, Bluetooth (Bluetooth Receiver Dongle included), Silver|
|KOV-GTM-KOMENPINK|| Goldtouch Ergonomic Mouse, Right Hand, Corded, Pink|
|KOV-GTM-D|| Bluetooth Receiver Dongle (Replacement for KOV-GTM-BTD, for non-Bluetooth equipped computers)|
|GT6-0017|| Goldtouch Gel Filled Mouse Pad, Black, Right|
|GT9-0017|| Goldtouch SlimLine Mouse Pad, Right|
|GT9-0017L|| Goldtouch SlimLine Mouse Pad, Left|