Page last updated: Fri, 19-Jan-2018 14:18:35
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
EcoLast Premium Standing Matby iMovR
| Additional Resources Accessories |
The EcoLast Premium Standing Mat by iMovR is ideal for users who need a balance of comfort and support for standing applications. These 0.75" thick mats feature high-density 100% polyurethane material, which can handle the heavy usage of a workplace environment without losing resiliency (i.e. bottoming out, fatiguing or collapsing over time). This material is stain and puncture resistant, has anti-microbial properties, and is cast in a unibody mold.
The high degree of cushioning or "bounce" which EcoLast mats provide can reduce spinal compression and reduce or prevent discomfort in the feet, legs and lower back. In addition, the movement which the mats encourage can also aid in encouraging flexing of the calf muscles which can result in improved bloodflow in the lower legs. By encouraging users to move and flex their feet throughout the day the mats can reduce the constant stress which joints of the lower limbs are subjected to, spreading the load over a wider area and reducing the potential for stiff and aching joints resulting from inactivity.
Unlike some "anti-fatigue" mats which are advertised as being suitable for either standing or for sitting on in an office chair - EcoLast mats are designed for standing only. The result is that EcoLast mats provide a much higher degree of cushioning than those other "hybrid use" mats, providing users with greater comfort throughout the day.
iMovR EcoLast mats are manufactured in the USA and certified by the National Floor Safety Institute for their high traction no-slip bottom surface. All edges are beveled at 20° which greatly reduces the potential for the mat becoming a tripping hazard. They are available in a 24" by 26" size to meet the needs of most implementations, and come in Black, Burgundy, and Gray (Brown and Tan are special order only).
Users who prefer to work without footwear may find the GelPro Elite Anti-Fatigue Mat> a more appealing alternative as it is designed with this type of usage in mind.
- EcoLast Mats are designed with the sole purpose of reducing fatigue from standing. The high degree of cushioning reduces sustained pressure on the soles of the feet and encourages a continuous flexing of the muscles and joints which encourages blood flow in the lower legs. This reduction in fatigue can improve concentration, lead to better productivity, and increase overall energy levels.
Reduces Risk of Lower Limb Issues
- Extended standing on hard surfaces can result in damage to the joints of the lower limbs and can increase the potential for swelling (edema) as blood pools in the legs. The highly cushioned and responsive surface of the EcoLast Mats reduces these risks by reducing the impact on joints and encouraging ongoing small muscle movements that help to move blood back out of the legs.
Increases Standing Time
- Most people find that standing for extended periods, especially on a hard tile or concrete floor (or thinly carpeted concrete floors) is actually quite exhausting to the feet, legs, and then the entire body. Employing an anti-fatigue mat such as the EcoLast Anti-Fatigue Mats, designed specifically to reduce the pressure on the soles of the feet and increase the movements which boost energy, can greatly extend the length of their standing periods.
Can Reduce Risk of Back Injury
- Highly cushioned, anti-fatigue mats such as the EcoLast line can reduce the risk of spinal compression as the mat absorbs impact as users shift their weight throughout the workday. It also encourages more flexibility as muscles perform small adjustments as users shift their weight on the mats, changing the angles at which their ankles, knees and hips are positioned. This translates into regular movement of the lower back muscles which would not occur when standing on a rigid flooring surface.
Can Lead to Improved Safety and Performance
- Tired workers make mistakes. Depending on the type of work being performed this can be as minor as simple errors in written communications to costly and life-changing injuries. By reducing the fatigue level with a quality anti-fatigue mat designed specifically for standing users can work not only more safely but with increased productivity.
- Superb Cushioning: EcoLast mats have a well-deserved reputation for their cushioning. Users find that fatigue and general discomfort is greatly reduced. The "bounce" which the mats provide subconsciously encourages small movements of the feet, ankles and even knees which in turn reduce the risks associated with static standing.
- Designed for Standing: EcoLast Anti-Fatigue Mats are designed for standing, not sitting. For this reason they are able to offer a much greater degree of support and cushioning to users than other "anti-fatigue" products which are promoted as suitable for use with an office chair. With no sacrifice necessary to accommodate the movement of a chair the EcoLast can achieve much higher comfort levels than those other firmer dual-purpose mats can provide. There is a rule-of-thumb which applies here – i.e. "A good anti-fatigue mat will not make a good chair mat, and a good chair mat will not make a good anti-fatigue mat". Any mat which is promoted to serve both purposes is making a sacrifice in performance for both purposes.
- Commercial Grade: The EcoLast mats are commercial grade, designed to survive heavy use. They will never delaminate, or bottom out.
- Eco-Friendly: EcoLast mats are formed from Eco-Friendly High-Density 100% Polyurethane.
- High-Traction Bottom: Safety is ensured. The high traction bottom hugs the floor, keeping the mats securely in position. For this reason EcoLast mats are certified by the National Floor Safety Institute.
- Beveled Edges: Additional safety is provided by the 20° beveled edges which reduce the risk of tripping for both users and passersby.
- Durable Surface: EcoLast mats are puncture and stain resistant and, unlike gel mats, will not "leak" if damaged. In fact, the mats will continue to function without any change.
- Naturally Anti-Microbial: The EcoLast mats are naturally anti-microbial and the sealed upper and lower surfaces mean they can be easily cleaned as necessary. Of course, punctures or cuts to the surface will affect their moisture resistance capabilities.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
iMovR EcoLast Premium Standing Mat for Sit-Stand Applications
iMovR EcoLast Premium Standing Mat, Burgundy Colour
iMovR EcoLast Premium Standing Mat, Black Colour
iMovR EcoLast Premium Standing Mat, Gray Colour
iMovR EcoLast Premium Standing Mat, Brown Colour
iMovR EcoLast Premium Standing Mat, Tan Colour
- Material Composition: Eco-Friendly High-Density 100% Polyurethane
- Size: 24" x 36" x 0.75"
- Available Colours: Black, Burgundy, Gray, Brown, and Tan (see Image Gallery)
- Warranty: Manufacturer Direct - 10 Years. This guarantees that the product will provide consistent comfort, always lie flat, never delaminate, never compress, and never wear through. There is a lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects.
- Package Contents: EcoLast Premium Standing Mat
- Avoid standing on EcoLast mats with stiletto style heels. Although they are highly resistant to punctures this type of usage will increase the risk of damaging the surface.
- Avoid footwear which can increase the risk of "ankle twisting". Since the cushioning of the mats encourage a natural movement of the feet and ankles, anyone using them with higher heels should be careful to not "overflex".
- Actively engage your feet and legs in movement. Take advantage of the resiliency of your EcoLast and make a point of shifting or rocking your feet. Doing this will reduce the amount of time you keep pressure on any given part of your foot, engage muscles which can increase blood flow, and encourage use of small muscles which can become tight from fixed standing positions. This will also result in more energy as your body maintains a level of activity not present when standing statically.
- Do not expect to roll a chair or other weighted equipment over an EcoLast Anti-Fatigue Mat. The small weight-bearing surface which casters and wheels have will cause them to "sink" into the mat—effectively locking the wheel in place. While a chair with casters can be placed on these mats movement will be all but impossible once the chair is occupied.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|SM-EP32BLK|| 24" x 36", Black|
|SM-EP32BUR|| 24" x 36", Burgundy|
|SM-EP32GRY|| 24" x 36", Gray|
|SM-EP32BRN|| 24" x 36", Brown|
|SM-EP32TAN|| EcoLast Premium Standing Mat, 24" x 36", Tan|