Page last updated: Fri, 20-Apr-2018 15:04:09
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
GSeatby Gelco Products
| Additional Resources Accessories |
The Gelco GSeat is designed for anyone who has ever found their chair, plane seat, stadium seat or any other seat uncomfortable. The GSeat combines the cushioning features of memory foam with the weight-dispersing capabilities of gel, creating a seating solution designed to improve comfort during extended sitting. The GSeat Classic features a higher percentage of gel than the GSeat and GSeat Ultra.
The 5° degree wedge design of the GSeat elevates the hips to improve posture and can assist in relieving pressure on the back of the thigh above the knees. A "relief groove" running down the middle of the GSeat serves to reduce potential tailbone pressure and air vents assist in reducing heat buildup on the thighs.
For convenience the GSeat folds in half for easy access to its integrated carrying handle, enabling it to easily be carried for travel or entertainment. The Lycra cover permits users to easily shift position while the gripping underside remains fixed on the seat. The sealed design ensures that the support does not break down with use. The GSeat is available in two sizes, the GSeat for those with smaller build and the GSeat Ultra for larger individuals. The GSeat does NOT contain latex.
Encourages Better Posture
- The 5° forward tilt of the G-Seat is intended to rotate the pelvis slightly forward. This adjustment of the pelvic angle will assist in restoring the spine to its correct alignment. The result of this action is that the head and neck will be better supported by the spine, rather than relying on the muscles of the back to hold them in position. This forward tilt also transfers weight onto the "sitz" bones, while at the same time reducing pressure points on the buttocks.
- The gel upper layer on the G-Seat spreads weight more evenly across the surface, reducing potential pressure points. The relief groove which runs down the centre of the G-Seat further reduces pressure on sensitive soft tissue and can provide relief for those who have tailbone related sitting issues.
- The weight dispersing gel and memory foam combine to reduce the degree of impact which the spine receives each time a person sits down. Adding a G-Seat can restore and enhance existing cushioning or provide cushioning on hard surface seating.
Encourages Activation of Core Muscles
- The forward tilt provided by the G-Seat encourages the user to maintain a degree of tension in their core muscles rather than letting them fully relax and slumping back into the seat.
- Portable: The GSeat features a convenient built-in carrying handle which makes transporting the seat between locations virtually effortless. You simply pick the G-Seat up from the seat of your chair and it conveniently folds in half.
- Washable: The GSeat is designed to be used wherever you travel. As a result it may occasionally need a cleaning. Simple soap and water will refresh the appearance. Let the seat air dry or use a blow dryer on low heat. Do NOT put the GSeat in a dryer.
- Latex Free: The GSeat is latex-free and as such is suitable for users who may have allergies which might make other types of cushions unsuitable.
- Dual Comfort Construction: The GSeat features a weight-dispersing gel upper layer over a shock absorbing lower layer composed of memory foam. This combination provides users with a combination of the two most common cushioning products available.
- Sealed Construction: Fully sealed construction ensures that the G-Seat will not leak and that the gel remains in position for optimum comfort.
- Two Sizes: There are two sizes of GSeat available. Smaller users will probably wish to purchase the GSeat Standard or GSeat CLASSIC while larger users would be better off purchasing the G-Seat Ultra. The Ultra is larger in width and depth and is over 50% thicker than the Standard model, offering improved support for heavier users.
- Pressure Relieving: The GSeats feature a central groove which reduces pressure on sensitive soft tissues as well as the tailbone. Although the seat itself is reasonably firm, this groove ensures that pressure sensitive tissues are not aggravated.
- Air Vents for Cooling: The GSeat features air vents which encourage cooling air flow from below the seat. These vents also provide a texture to the seat which users may find more comfortable than a singe smooth surface.
- Lycra Cover: A durable Lycra surface permits the seat to easily accommodate individual users and ensures easy movement should one need to reposition themselves.
- Grip Surface for Secure Placement: The GSeat has a textured surface which securely grips virtually any type of seating surface. This ensures that the seat stays in place rather than shifting around unintentionally while in use.
- Two Colours: The GSeat is now available in traditional Black as well as Prome (pewter chrome)
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Gelco GSeat - Portable Comfort
Gelco GSeat - Standard Size
Gelco GSeat ULTRA
Gelco GSeat in the Office
Gelco GSeat has Convenient Carry Handle for Portability
Gelco GSeat Provides Support and Elevation
Gelco GSeat Combines Gel Over Foam for Firm Comfort
Gelco GSeat - Now Available in PROME
- GSeat and GSeat CLASSIC:
Width: 16" (40.6 cm)
Depth: 14" (35.6 cm)
Thickness: 1" (2.5 cm) at Rear, tapers to 0.5" (1.3 cm) at front
Weight: 1.2 lbs (545 g)
- GSeat ULTRA:
Width: 18" (45.4 cm)
Depth: 16" (40.6 cm)
Thickness: 1.625" (4.1 cm) at Rear, Tapers to 1" (2.5 cm) at Front
Weight: 3.6 lbs (1.6 kg)
- Materials: Visco-Elastic Gel, Memory Foam, Lycra. Does NOT contain Latex
- Cleaning: Clean with soap and water. Air or blow dry.
- Warranty: 1 Year - Manufacturer Direct
- Package Contents: GSeat, Information Sheet
- Position your GSeat with the thicker part to the back. This serves two purposes as it provides optimum padding where it is most needed and also tilts the pelvis slightly forward to a better sitting posture.
- Take your GSeat with you! The convenient carry handle on the GSeat makes it a perfect mobile seating solution for uncomfortable transit seats, long airplane rides, or at a stadium. Of course, it also increases cushioning on all other seats.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|75-100|| GSeat, (16" x 14" x 1"), Black|
|75-120|| GSeat, (16" x 14" x 1"), Prome|
|85-100|| GSeat CLASSIC, (16" x 14" x 1"), Black|
|95-100|| G-Seat ULTRA, Black|
|95-120|| G-Seat ULTRA, Prome|