Page last updated: Fri, 22-Sep-2017 14:52:15
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
Extra-Deep ABS Plastic Low Profile Trayby Fox Bay Industries
At thirteen inches deep, the Extra-Deep ABS Low Profile Tray from Fox Bay Industries is 4" deeper (from front to back) than most standard keyboard trays and was designed to accommodate central pointing devices. The extra depth provides plenty of space for these alternative input devices to be fully supported when properly positioned in front of a standard or specialty ergonomic keyboard.
The Extra-Deep ABS Low Profile Tray is available in widths of 30", 27", and 24". All trays are equipped with a 1" raised Keyboard Guard which features cable routing notches on the left and right. The 30" wide tray has plenty of room for an additional mouse, track pad, numeric keypad or even a notepad to be placed on either side of the keyboard and central pointing device. The 27" and 24" inch models offer less extra space but serve well where the workstation has limitations on the width of tray that can be accommodated.
Note: "In order for the tray to be fully stored underneath the desk it must be mounted on a keyboard arm with a 28" track. (A suitable option would be the Extended Track Ovation Low Profile Leverless Arm - Model: 8624D28). If there is insufficient depth beneath the desk top to accommodate a 28" track the Extra-Deep ABS Low Profile Tray can also be mounted to a standard length (23") arm, such as the 8624D23. Be aware, however, that shorter track models will not permit the tray to recess fully beneath the desk, even when fully retracted.
Note: To be sure this tray will fit an existing keyboard arm, please compare the mounting hole pattern on the installed arm with the Mounting Hole Pattern on the diagram.
Positions Input Devices within the "Comfort Zone"
- Keeping frequently used devices (such as keyboard and mouse) within the Comfort Zone allows the muscles of the upper body to remain relaxed and reduces the risk of overreach (left to right, up and down, and forward) injuries. Learn More About the Comfort Zone.
- Reduces Excessive Reach to the Left and Right - All models (30", 27" and 24") of the Extra-Deep ABS Plastic Low Profile Tray allow users to position both input devices comfortably close to and in line with the body, and at the same level relative to each other.
- Keeps the Shoulders Level - By allowing users to keep both input devices on the same level, the Extra-Deep ABS Plastic Low Profile Tray eliminates the need to repeatedly lift, extend and lower one shoulder when using the mouse. Dealing with a constant shoulder imbalance leads to an increased risk of repetitive strain injury. (Note that trays with a pivoting mousing surface can also raise or lower the mouse below the level of the keyboard and therefore carry the same potential risk.)
- Reduces Forward Reach - By positioning the mousing device directly between the user and the keyboard there is no need to reach forward to the desk surface— a common practice which creates a twist in the back and shoulders.
Allows Obstruction-Free Negative Inclination
- With a thickness of only 0.375" the Extra-Deep ABS Plastic Low Profile Tray allows users maximum freedom to create a negative inclination for the keyboard without obstructing the legs. A negative inclination creates the neutral wrist alignment known to combat the development of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
Learn more about Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
Uniform Height and Material
- The entire tray surface is at the same height and is made of the same material. There is no raised strip at the front edge of the tray that could put pressure on the wrists. (Raised areas, i.e. padded rests intended as palm
supports on many keyboard trays are, in practice, often misused as wrist rests, becoming an ergonomic risk factor. Pressure on the wrist compresses tissue, restricts bloodflow and can lead to Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.)
Note: Many central pointing devices have a built-in palm support which can be used when the hands are at rest.
- Spacious: Deep enough to support a keyboard and a central pointing device, the 30" wide model offers enough width to accommodate one additional device on each side of the keyboard and central pointing device. The 27" and 24" models are less generous in the available width but may still be able to accommodate an additional device on one side. See "Usage Tips" for determining the suitable width.
- Keyboard Guard: The 1" raised Keyboard Guard ensures that the keyboard and other device(s) stay in place when the tray is in negative slope positions.
- Cable Management: Right and left slots in the keyboard guard allow for easy routing of cables from tray to computer.
- Durable: High quality ABS Plastic construction provides a firm surface with minimal bounce and flexion, but is sufficiently resilient to prevent cracking or chipping from accidental impact.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Extra-Deep ABS Plastic Low Profile Tray
Extra-Deep ABS Plastic Low Profile Tray - Surface Texture
- Foxbay Tray Hole Pattern: PDF
- Width: FB-T30x13: 30.0" (76.2 cm)
FB-T27x13: 27.0" (68.6 cm)
FB-T24x13: 24.0" (61.0 cm)
- Depth (front-to-back): 13.0" (33.0 cm)
- Height of backstop: 1.0" (2.5 cm)
- Tray thickness: 0.375" (1.0 cm)
- Warranty: 25 years. Manufacturer
- Determine the width of your keyboard tray by considering what devices you wish to position on the tray. Measure out the widths of these devices to determine the minimum amount of space required. A rule of thumb is to get the widest tray your workstation can accommodate. Make sure that when mounted on a keyboard arm your tray will have the necessary clearance. A wide tray will not be able to be raised above the surface of a corner workstation if the back corners of the tray cannot clear the desk.
Note: Please contact us for strategies to address this.
- If you are a touch typist, position your ABS Plastic Low Profile Tray with a negative incline (if your keyboard arm is so equipped) and at a height that enables you to maintain a neutral wrist alignment. By raising the edge closest to you the wrist is naturally elevated above the fingertips and in line with the back of the forearm. The risk of restricting bloodflow or exerting pressure on the tissues is reduced or eliminated. This benefits your keyboarding and your mousing activity. Learn More About Positioning Your Keyboard Tray.
- If you are not a touch typist, you may find that a neutral or positive inclination is more appropriate for your method of typing. In addition, as a “hunt and peck” typist, you may prefer to position the keyboard higher than a touch typist would because you move your hands and arms more, and you aim for one key at a time.
- When selecting a Keyboard Arm on which to mount your Extra-Deep ABS Plastic Low Profile Tray you should consider the range of elevation (above and below your worksurface), whether it supports a range of positive and negative inclination, and storability. Not all Keyboard Arms are equal and a higher price does not necessarily mean the best product. The ease of height and angle adjustment, and type of storage mechanism (steel ball-bearing is highly recommended) should be considered alongside the first set of criteria.
- If you want the Extra-Deep ABS Low Profile Tray to recess fully beneath the desk top when stored, it must be mounted on a keyboard arm with a 28" track, such as the Extended Track Ovation Low Profile Leverless Arm. If there is insufficient space beneath the desk to install a 28" track the tray can be mounted to an arm with a shorter track, such as the 8624D23. Note, however, that on the shorter track, the tray cannot be stored completely beneath the desk and will extend out a minimum of 2" from the front of the desk even when pushed all the way back along the track.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|FB-T30x13|| 30" wide x 13" deep|
|FB-T27x13|| 27" wide x 13" deep|
|FB-T24x13|| 24" wide x 13" deep|
|FB-T30x13-ALT|| 30" wide x 13" deep (alternate hole pattern only compatible with Ovation Arms)|
|FB-MP|| Mouse Pad Accessory|
Dimensions: 7.75" D x 7.125" W
Material: 0.125" thick rubber pad with lycra surface
|8DG55-001-RET|| Black, Retail Packaging|
|8DG55-002-RET|| Blue, Retail Packaging|
|8DG55-003-RET|| Red, Retail Packaging|
|8DC31-RET|| Clear, Retail Packaging|
|8DGW55-RET|| White, Retail Packaging|