| Additional Resources Accessories |
The Duet Arm Custom Tray from Fox Bay Industries is 12" deep, features a low profile of just 0.375" and is available in widths of 39", 31", 27" and 23". The ABS Plastic tray is fitted with a 1" Keyboard Guard that has convenient cable routing cutouts on both the left and right. It is otherwise free of any obstructions such as raised edges or built-in wrist rests that could increase the risk of injury to the sensitive pressure points on the underside of the wrists.
The Duet Arm Custom Trays are predrilled to fit both the Duet Sit-Stand Arm and the Duet Sit-Stand Storable Arm from KV Waterloo. When paired with these arms the Duet Custom Trays provide durable deeper-than-average rigid work surface which can provide support for virtually any combination of keyboard and mousing input device. The larger 31" and 39" wide trays can even provide space for additional devices or for notetaking.
Note: The Duet Arm Custom Trays are ONLY for use with Duet Arms from KV Waterloo. Mounting holes are pre-drilled for both arm supports as well as the release trigger. Ensure that the arm width matches the width of tray desired.
Reduces Forward Reach
- Keeping frequently used devices (such as keyboard and mouse) within the Comfort Zone allows the muscles of the upper body to remain relaxed and reduces the risk of overreach (left to right, up and down, and forward) injuries. Learn More About the Comfort Zone.
- Reduces Excessive Reach to the Left and Right - All models of the Duet Arm Custom Tray allow users to position both input devices comfortably close to the body and at the same level relative to each other.
- Keeps the Shoulders Level - By allowing users to keep both input devices on the same level, the Duet Arm Custom Tray eliminates the need to repeatedly lift, extend and lower one shoulder when using the mouse. Dealing with a constant shoulder imbalance leads to an increased risk of repetitive strain injury. (Note that trays with a pivoting mousing surface can also raise or lower the mouse below the level of the keyboard and therefore carry the same potential risk.)
- Reduces Forward Reach - By positioning the mousing device directly between the user and the keyboard there is no need to reach forward to the desk surface—a common practice which creates a twist in the back and shoulders.
Allows Obstruction-Free Negative Inclination
- With a thickness of only 0.375" the Duet Arm Custom Tray allows users maximum freedom to create a negative inclination for the keyboard without obstructing the legs. A negative inclination creates the neutral wrist alignment known to combat the development of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Learn more about Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
Uniform Height and Material
- The entire tray surface is at the same height and is made of the same material. There is no raised strip at the front edge of the platform that could put pressure on the wrists. (Raised areas, i.e. padded rests intended as palm supports on many keyboard trays are, in practice, often misused as wrist rests, becoming an ergonomic risk factor. Pressure on the wrist compresses tissue, restricts bloodflow and can lead to Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.)
- Spacious: Room for both a pointing device and a separate keypad. See "Usage Tips" for determining the necessary width.
- Keyboard Guard: Ensures keyboard and input devices stay in place when the tray is negatively inclined.
- Cable Management: Left and right slots in the keyboard guard allow for easy routing of cables from tray to computer.
- Durable: High quality ABS Plastic construction provides a firm surface with minimal bounce and flex yet is sufficiently resilient to prevent cracking or chipping from accidental impacts.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Duet Arm Custom Tray
Closeup of Surface Texture
- Choose width of your keyboard tray by considering what input devices you wish to position on the tray. Measure out the widths of these devices, allowing at least 8" of width for mouse movement (sometimes more depending on the mousing device you will be using). A rule of thumb is to get the widest tray your workstation can accommodate.
- If you are a touch typist, position your Duet Arm Custom Tray with a negative incline and at a height that enables you to maintain a neutral wrist alignment. By raising the edge closest to you the wrist is naturally elevated above the fingertips and in line with the back of the forearm. The risk of restricting circulation or exerting pressure on the tissues is reduced or eliminated. This benefits both your keyboarding and mousing activity. Learn More About Positioning Your Keyboard Tray.
- If you are not a touch typist, you may find that a neutral or positive inclination is more appropriate for your method of typing. In addition, as a “hunt and peck” typist, you may prefer to position the keyboard higher than a touch typist would because you move your hands and arms more, and you aim for one key at a time.
- When choosing which Duet Sit-Stand Arm on which to mount your Duet Arm Custom Tray you should consider the required range of elevation (above and below your worksurface), The Duet Sit-Stand Arm offers the widest range of adjustment both above and below the desk but cannot be stored. The Duet Sit-Stand Storable Arm can be stored but offers a much more limited range of vertical adjustment.
The width of arm selected is determined by the width of the tray which will be mounted on the arm. For example, a 27 inch wide tray will require a 27" Duet Arm.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|FB-T39-DUET|| Duet Arm Custom Tray - 39" W x 12" D|
|FB-T31-DUET|| Duet Arm Custom Tray - 31" W x 12" D|
|FB-T27-DUET|| Duet Arm Custom Tray - 27" W x 12" D SPECIAL ORDER ONLY. NO 30 DAY CSG|
|FB-T23-DUET|| Duet Arm Custom Tray - 23" W x 12" D SPECIAL ORDER ONLY. NO 30 DAY CSG|