Page last updated: Thu, 20-Apr-2017 15:18:38
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
MATAR Anti-Fatigue Matby ErgoVerse
| Additional Resources Accessories |
The MATAR Anti-Fatigue Mat by ErgoVerse provides users with the ideal balance of comfort and support for standing applications. The 0.75" thick mat features a proprietary commercial grade PUR Technology which can handle the heavy usage of the most demanding work environments without wearing out or losing resiliency. The MATAR Mat will not bottom out, fatigue, collapse or have the possibility of gel oozing out even after extended use. These mats will let users stand for longer without tiring the feet, legs and lower back. The "resilient pushback" inherent in the design of the mat improves bloodflow, reducing muscle fatigue and lessening the impact on joints that typically is associated with shifting weight and movement while standing.
Unlike harder "hybrid use" sit-stand mats, which are necessarily firmer to accommodate a rolling chair, this mat provides a much higher degree of cushioning for the feet. The MATAR is stain and puncture resistant, has anti-microbial properties, and features eco-friendly construction employing a renewable plant based resource.
The 20"x32" and 24"x36" sizes are available in a model with a high visibility yellow stripe to draw attention to the presence of the mat in environments where this is a desirable feature.
- MATAR Anti-Fatigue Mats are designed with the sole purpose of reducing fatigue from standing. The high degree of cushioning reduces sustained pressure on the soles of the feet and encourages a continuous flexing of the muscles and joints which encourages blood flow in the lower legs. This reduction in fatigue can improve concentration, lead to better productivity, and increase overall energy levels.
Reduces Risk of Lower Limb Issues
- Extended standing on hard surfaces can result in damage to the joints of the lower limbs and can increase the potential for swelling (edema) as blood pools in the legs. The highly cushioned and responsive surface of the MATAR Mats reduces these risks by reducing the impact on joints and encouraging ongoing small muscle movements that help to move blood back out of the legs.
Increases Standing Time
- Most people find that standing for extended periods, especially on a hard tile or concrete floor (or thinly carpeted concrete floors) is actually quite exhausting to the feet, legs, and then the entire body. Employing an anti-fatigue mat such as the MATAR Anti-Fatigue Mats, designed specifically to reduce the pressure on the soles of the feet and increase the movements which boost energy, can greatly extend the length of their standing periods.
Can Reduce Risk of Back Injury
- Highly cushioned, anti-fatigue mats such as the MATAR line can reduce the risk of spinal compression as the mat absorbs impact as users shift their weight throughout the workday. It also encourages more flexibility as muscles perform small adjustments as users shift their weight on the mats, changing the angles at which their ankles, knees and hips are positioned. This translates into regular movement of the lower back muscles which would not occur when standing on a rigid flooring surface.
Can Lead to Improved Safety and Performance
- Tired workers make mistakes. Depending on the type of work being performed this can be as minor as simple errors in written communications to costly and life-changing injuries. By reducing the fatigue level with a quality anti-fatigue mat designed specifically for standing users can work not only more safely but with increased productivity.
- Superb Cushioning: MATAR mats have a well-deserved reputation for their cushioning. Users find that fatigue and general discomfort is greatly reduced. The "bounce" which the mats provide subconsciously encourages small movements of the feet, ankles and even knees which in turn reduce the risks associated with static standing.
- Designed for Standing: MATAR Anti-Fatigue Mats are designed for standing, not sitting. For this reason they are able to offer a much greater degree of support and cushioning to users than other "anti-fatigue" products which are promoted as suitable for use with an office chair. With no sacrifice necessary to accommodate the movement of a chair the MATAR can achieve much higher comfort levels than those other firmer dual-purpose mats can provide. There is a rule-of-thumb which applies here – i.e. "A good anti-fatigue mat will not make a good chair mat, and a good chair mat will not make a good anti-fatigue mat". Any mat which is promoted to serve both purposes is making a sacrifice in performance for both purposes.
- Commercial Grade: The MATAR mats are commercial grade, designed to survive heavy use. They will never delaminate, or bottom out.
- Eco-Friendly: MATAR mats are formed from a natural plant-based renewable resource.
- High-Traction Bottom: Safety is ensured. The high traction bottom hugs the floor, keeping the mats securely in position. For this reason MATAR mats are certified by the National Floor Safety Institute.
- Beveled Edges: Additional safety is provided by the 18° beveled edges which reduce the risk of tripping for both users and passersby.
- Durable Surface: MATAR mats are puncture and stain resistant and, unlike gel mats, will not "leak" if damaged. In fact, the mats will continue to function without any change.
- Naturally Anti-Microbial: The MATAR mats are naturally anti-microbial and the sealed upper and lower surfaces mean they can be easily cleaned as necessary. Of course, punctures or cuts to the surface will affect their moisture resistance capabilities.
- Warranty: MATAR mats are backed by a 5-Year Warranty (2 Years on the Yellow Stripe Material).
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
MATAR Anti-Fatigue Mat: Black
MATAR Anti-Fatigue Mat: Taupe
MATAR Anti-Fatigue Mat: Black with Yellow Safety Stripes
MATAR Anti-Fatigue Mat - Variety of Colours and Sizes
MATAR Anti-Fatigue Mat - Features
- Construction: Plant-based and Eco-Friendly Renewable Resource
- Available Colours: Black, Taupe (see Image Gallery)
- Warranty: 5 Years, Manufacturer Direct
- Package Contents: MATAR Anti-Fatigue Mat, Information Sheet
- Avoid standing on MATAR mats with stiletto style heels. Although they are highly resistant to punctures this type of usage will increase the risk of damaging the surface.
- Avoid footwear which can increase the risk of "ankle twisting". Since the cushioning of the mats encourage a natural movement of the feet and ankles, anyone using them with higher heels should be careful to not "overflex".
- Actively engage your feet and legs in movement. Take advantage of the resiliency of your MATAR Mat and make a point of shifting or rocking your feet. Doing this will reduce the amount of time you keep pressure on any given part of your foot, engage muscles which can increase blood flow, and encourage use of small muscles which can become tight from fixed standing positions. This will also result in more energy as your body maintains a level of activity not present when standing statically.
- Do not expect to roll a chair or other weighted equipment over a MATAR Anti-Fatigue Mat. The small weight-bearing surface which casters and wheels have will cause them to "sink" into the mat—effectively locking the wheel in place. While a chair with casters can be placed on these mats movement will be all but impossible once the chair is occupied.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|MMT-2032-BLK|| 20" x 32" x 0.75", Black|
|MMT-2032-TPE|| 20" x 32" x 0.75", Taupe|
|MMT-2032-BYW|| 20" x 32" x 0.75", Black with Yellow Stripe|
|MMT-2436-BLK|| 24" x 36" x 0.75", Black|
|MMT-2436-TPE|| 24" x 36" x 0.75", Taupe|
|MMT-2436-BYW|| 24" x 36" x 0.75", Black with Yellow Stripe|
|MMT-2048-BLK|| 20" x 48" x 0.75", Black|
|MMT-2048-TPE|| 20" x 48" x 0.75", Taupe|
|MMT-2072-BLK|| 20" x 72" x 0.75", Black|
|MMT-2072-TPE|| 20" x 72" x 0.75", Taupe|
|MMT-3660-BLK|| 36" x 60" x 0.75", Black|
|MMT-3660-TPE|| 36" x 60" x 0.75", Taupe|