Page last updated: Fri, 20-Apr-2018 15:03:37
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
KOCHAB Articulating Keyboard Kitby ErgoVerse
| Accessories |
The KOCHAB Articulating Keyboard Kit by ErgoVerse offers basic keyboard height and tilt adjustability for the budget conscious user. The low cost of the KOCHAB kit makes it an ideal solution for locations where ergonomics are still important but where 1) adjustment will be occasional, 2) full keyboard tray storage is not key, and 3) cost is a factor.
The simple design means that height and angle changes are accomplished simultaneously with a single adjustment. One hand is employed to release or tighten the large, easily locked knob while the other hand moves the keyboard to the desired height and angle.
The KOCHAB offers 5.3" of elevation adjustment and 9" of storage travel along a 17" track. A full 360° swivel accommodates situations where alternative mounting (such as lateral) may be needed and heavy-duty steel construction throughout ensures a stable keyboard surface. The 27" wide x 11" deep coated MDF keyboard tray offers sufficient room for the largest of keyboards and a mouse. Some assembly is required.
Reduces Strain on the Shoulder and Neck Muscles
- The KOCHAB Articulating Keyboard Kit allows the keyboard and mouse to be positioned at the height and distance most comfortable for each individual user. When the keyboard and mouse are too high, as they often are for many users working at most desks, users tend to compensate by raising their arms from the shoulders. This hunched posture, if sustained for longer than a few minutes, can lead to extreme tension and inflammation in the muscles of the neck, shoulders and upper back. With the adjustment provided by the KOCHAB Articulating Keyboard Kit users of all heights can ensure the muscles of the upper body will be relaxed.
Positions Keyboard and Mouse within the "Comfort Zone"
- The KOCHAB Articulating Keyboard Kit allows users to position both devices comfortably close to the body, and at the same level relative to each other. Keeping frequently used devices within the Comfort Zone allows the muscles of the upper body to remain relaxed and reduces the risk of overreach injuries.Learn More About the Comfort Zone.
Allows Reference Materials to be Placed Inline
- Adding a KOCHAB Articulating Keyboard Kit to a workstation frees up space between the keyboard and monitor, allowing this area to be used for reference materials. Placing reference documents in line with the monitor(s) significantly reduces neck rotation and the resulting strain on the muscles of the neck and shoulders.
Encourages Correct Posture
- Using the KOCHAB Articulating Keyboard Kit to correctly position the keyboard and mouse eliminates any need to lean forward from the waist, or to perch on the edge of the chair. The user more easily adopts correct posture, with the shoulders back and relaxed, and can more readily take advantage of the lumbar support in the chair.
Enables Correct Viewing Distance
- The limited depth of many modern desks often positions the monitor(s) too close for comfortable viewing. In these circumstances the addition of a KOCHAB Articulating Keyboard Kit can effectively provide up to 15" of additional space between the user and the screen. This can be of special benefit to those who employ large screens or multiple monitors. For these users, the additional distance is sufficient to greatly reduce the degree of neck rotation required to see the entire viewing area.
Reduces Risk of Injury to the Wrist
- The ability to easily adjust the angle of the keyboard tray into a negative inclination (lower at the back than at the front) helps users prevent wrist extension. A keyboard with a neutral or negative inclination helps to reduce the risk of Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI) to the wrists. Learn More About Neutral or Negatively Inclined Keyboards
- A correctly positioned keyboard and mouse can significantly reduce fatigue. Awkward or incorrect placement of these devices results in constant physical exertion as the user is rarely able to relax the muscles. The KOCHAB Articulating Keyboard Kit helps to create an ergonomic work environment that relieves tension and stress on overworked muscle groups.
- Fits Shallow Desks: The 17" track on the KOCHAB Articulating Keyboard Kit is designed to fit desks with limited depth. (Note that this shorter track length will not allow a standard 11" deep keyboard tray mounted on the arm to retract fully beneath the desk; the tray will extend approximately 3" from the front of the desk.) If the tray needs to be stored completely under the desk, this is possible if the track is mounted 3" back from the edge of the desk.
- 5.3" Height Adjustment Range: The KOCHAB Articulating Keyboard Kit offers users 5.3" of height adjustment. The keyboard tray can be positioned level with the underside of the desk and as low as 5.3" below that position. This is sufficient range to accommodate the ergonomic requirements of most users.
- Tilt Adjustable: The angle of the KOCHAB keyboard tray can be adjusted from -10° to +45°. Adjustment is performed simultaneously with height adjustment.
- Single Knob Adjustment: Both tilt angle and height are adjusted simultaneously via a single, easily grasped knob.
- 360° Swivel Joint: The articulating arm is secured to the storage track with a 360° swivel joint. The ability to fully rotate the arm at this joint makes the KOCHAB Articulating Keyboard Kit a versatile option for most commercial single-user or multi-user computer workstations, and a viable solution for improvised computer workstations or those with non-standard dimensions. At the majority of computer desks, with the track installed in its usual perpendicular position, the swivel joint gives users additional usage and storage options along with the noted ergonomic benefits. At a narrow, improvised, or otherwise suboptimal computer station the track can be installed at an angle, or even laterally beneath the desk, and the swivel joint will enable the articulating arm (i.e. the portion on which the keyboard tray will be mounted) to be swiveled forward into the correct ergonomic position for the user. The keyboard tray can still be stored out of the way, even with this atypical installation, by sliding the arm to the back of the track, and then swiveling the keyboard tray to face the rear of the desk.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
KOCHAB Articulating Keyboard Kit (arm extended)
KOCHAB Articulating Keyboard Kit
KOCHAB Articulating Keyboard Kit - Top View
KOCHAB Articulating Keyboard Kit (arm stored)
KOCHAB Articulating Keyboard Kit (arm extended)
- KOCHAB Articulating Keyboard Kit Installation Guide: PDF
- Track Length: 17" (42.2 cm)
- Height Adjustment Range: From level with the underside of the desk to 5.3" (13.5 cm) below the underside.
NOTE: The Kochab tray cannot elevate above the desk surface.
- Tilt Range: -10° to +45°, 17.0" Storage Track
- Tilt & Height Adjustment Mechanism: Single Knob, Simultaneous
- Keyboard Tray Dimensions: 27" (68.6 cm) Wide x 11" (28 cm) Deep
- Warranty: 2 Years
- Package Contents: KOCHAB Articulating Keyboard Kit, Mounting Hardware, Installation Guide
- Tools Required: Phillips Screwdriver, (recommended) Drill and appropriately sized Drill bit to predrill mounting holes.
- Ensure that the KOCHAB will fit the space requirements and provide the movement desired. Remember that the tray will protrude a few inches when recessed as far as possible along the track unless you mount the track 3" back from the edge of the desk. In right angle corner applications it is often advisable to install a Corner Converter to create a straight-edged worksurface which bridges the right angled corner. The KOCHAB can be mounted to the underside of the Corner Converter and the desk, to create a usable worksurface with keyboard tray storage. Mounting to a Corner Converter may require you to drill holes into the converter to match the mounting holes already in the track.
Note: When measuring to determine the available mounting space it is important to measure the underside of the desk to ensure you factor in hidden obstacles such as privacy panels, and to ensure nothing will interfere with the mounting of the track or with the tray as it is being stored.
- Optimize the height and angle of the keyboard tray. To adjust the height of the keyboard tray, grasp the front of the tray in one hand and use your other hand to release the locking knob. Move the tray to the desired height and tilt angle and tighten the locking knob to secure it in place.
- Set the tray at the correct height and angle. When setting the height and angle of your keyboard tray make sure you achieve as neutral a posture as possible. Your shoulders should be relaxed (neither hunched nor hanging), your elbows should be at an angle of about 90° or slightly more open, and an imaginary line through the back of your wrists to your forearms should be reasonably straight. Learn More About Correctly Adjusting Your Keyboard Tray
- Use the KOCHAB Articulating Keyboard Kit to bring your mouse and keyboard to you rather than reaching forward for them. Employ the simple height and angle adjustment to position these devices where they can best serve your needs.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|KAKK|| KOCHAB Articulating Arm Kit with Adjustable Tilt, 17.0" Storage Track, 11" D x 27" W Keyboard Tray|