Page last updated: Tue, 22-May-2018 13:04:47
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
CASSIOPEIA Desktop Sit-Stand Retrofitby ErgoVerse
The CASSIOPEIA Desktop Sit-Stand Retrofit from ErgoVerse retrofits any stationary desk into a sit-stand desk. These freestanding units require no modifications to the existing desk and can be set up in under 10 minutes. The 14" of height adjustment provide keyboard elevations up to 15" above the mounting surface height. The CASSIOPEIA is available in two widths in order to benefit the widest range of users. The Compact model features a 26.75" wide worksurface while the Standard model provides an ample 35" width. The 23" surface depth ensures that monitors can be positioned at an appropriate viewing distance while providing sufficient space for other desktop items. In short, the CASSIOPEIA gives you all the benefits of a sit-stand desk without compromising workspace. The keyboard tray is 12.75" deep to accommodate central pointing devices. Width varies with the model—26.75" wide on the Compact model and 34.5" wide on the Standard model—allowing plenty of space on both for even the largest ergonomic keyboards and mice.
The gas cylinder mechanism makes moving the platform up or down effortless. The CASSIOPEIA uses an X-style mechanism which permits the keyboard and work surfaces to move straight up or down without forcing the user away from the desk when moving to a standing position. This means that it also works well in smaller work areas where the cantilever design common on many other sit-stand converters forces users to step away from the desk. The CASSIOPEIA offers 12 keyboard height settings (a seated position 1" above the desk surface - and 11 settings varying from 6.5" - 15" above the desk for standing applications). The worksurface is positioned 5" above the selected keyboard height setting. The 22.5" deep footprint means this sit-stand retrofit unit can work comfortably on desks as shallow as 23" deep.
Reduces the Risks Associated with Extended Sitting
- Studies have shown that sitting (and even standing) for prolonged periods of time is a risk factor for health. For those who work at stationary workstations, a desk that gives the user the option to sit and stand throughout the day will help break up those prolonged periods of unhealthy stationary work. The CASSIOPEIA Desktop Sit-Stand Retrofit allows the user to adjust the height of the workstation to accommodate both sitting and standing positions whenever desired.
Effortless Height Adjustment
- The CASSIOPEIA provides 12 height settings (1 for sitting and 11 for standing) from 6" to 20" for the worksurface and 1" to 15" for the keyboard tray, allowing users to quickly and precisely adjust the height of the worksurface to the optimal height for the desired workstation configuration (sitting, standing, or anything in-between).
Reduces the Risks Associated with Overreaching
- Unlike many other retrofit sit-stand desks, the CASSIOPEIA provides a generous 35" x 23" working area (DSS-36 model) with plenty of real estate for up to two monitors and other office devices such as calculators, phones, and tablets. Learn More About the Comfort Zone
- Free Standing (No Drilling or Clamping): The CASSIOPEIA is ideal for organizations that prohibit drilling into the desk, or clamping onto its edge. The wide footprint of the base allows the unit to be positioned on a desk top without creating a tipping hazard. Pads underneath the base prevent scuffing or scratching of the desktop.
- Dual Monitor Mounting: The larger worksurface of the CASSIOPEIA (35" wide on the DSS-36 model) provides enough space for two average size monitors (with their stands attached) to comfortably rest on. There is also enough thickness on the back edge of the worksurface to accommodate a desk clamped monitor arm, or one could use the pre-drilled hole at the back to install a through mount for a pole-style monitor arm.
- Gas Cylinder Mechanism: The CASSIOPEIA utilizes two gas cylinders (one for each side) to help effortlessly move the worksurface and keyboard tray up or down. Gas cylinders generally provide smoother movement than spring mechanisms and are quite dependable and durable over time.
- X-Style Vertical Motion: Many retrofit desktop units have a cantilevering mechanism that moves the worksurface forward as it is raised. This motion pushes back the user from the desk and may be a problem where space is limited or when worksurface objects are not properly attached to the worksurface. The CASSIOPEIA by contrast uses an X-Style mechanism which moves the worksurface straight up vertically, preventing the issues above from occurring.
- 12 Height-Adjustment Settings: In order to provide as many height settings as possible within the range of height adjustment, the CASSIOPEIA has incorporated 11 incremental settings for standing and are each lockable in position. This makes it easier to achieve the same height settings each time when transitioning from sitting to standing or vice versa.
- Standard or Compact Models: The CASSIOPEIA comes in two different widths, 35" width (DSS-36) and 27" width (DSS-27). The smaller, compact model is ideal for smaller spaces such as corners or smaller desks.
- Increased Keyboard Depth and Width: The keyboard tray on the CASSIOPEIA gives increased depth and width for the keyboard and tray, unlike many other retrofit desks. This allows ample room for a standard keyboard and mouse (with mousepad), including central pointing devices.
- Minimal Assembly Required: It takes about 5 - 10 minutes to assemble the CASSIOPEIA to get it in ready-to-use condition.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
CASSIOPEIA Desktop Sit-Stand Retrofit
CASSIOPEIA Desktop Sit-Stand Retrofit - Highest Standing Position
CASSIOPEIA Desktop Sit-Stand Retrofit - Range of Heights
CASSIOPEIA Desktop Sit-Stand Retrofit - In Use
CASSIOPEIA Desktop Sit-Stand Retrofit - In Use Standing Position
CASSIOPEIA Desktop Sit-Stand Retrofit - Keyboard Tray Size Comparison
CASSIOPEIA Desktop Sit-Stand Retrofit - Work Surface Size Comparison
CASSIOPEIA Desktop Sit-Stand Retrofit - Model Comparison
CASSIOPEIA Desktop Sit-Stand Retrofit - Model DSS-27
CASSIOPEIA Desktop Sit-Stand Retrofit - Model DSS-36
- CASSIOPEIA Sit-Stand Model Specification Comparison Guide: PDF
- CASSIOPEIA Desktop Sit-Stand Retrofit User Manual: PDF
- Mechanism: Gas-cylinder Lift - Dual Side-mounted Latch Releases
- Work Surface & Keyboard Tray Thickness: 0.625"
- Upper Surface Dimensions:
DSS-27 Compact: 26.75" W x 23.25" D
DSS-36 Standard: 35" W x 23.25" D
- Keyboard Tray Dimensions:
DSS-27 Compact: 26.75" W x 12.75" D
DSS-36 Standard: 34.5" W x 12.75"
- Footprint on Desk:
DSS-27 Compact: 23" W x 22.5" D
DSS-36 Standard: 31.5" W x 22.5" D
- Overall Depth (including keyboard surface): 31.2"
- Height Adjustment Range: 14" Total Range
Keyboard Surface Adjustment Range (above desk surface)
- Seated Position: 1"
- Standing Positions: 11 settings varying from 5.5" - 15".
Note: The upper worksurface is positioned 5" above any chosen keyboard height setting.
Upper Surface Adjustment Range (above desk surface)
- Seated Position: 6"
- Standing Positions: 11 settings varying from 10.5" - 20").
Note: The keyboard tray is always positioned 5" below the upper worksurface height setting.
- Weight Capacity:
Keyboard Tray: Up to 4.4 lbs (2 kg)
Upper Worksurface: Up to 35 lbs (15.9 kg)
Combined Total Capacity: 6.5 - 35 lbs (3 - 15.9 kg)
- Colour: Black
- Warranty: 2 year
- Package Contents: ErgoVerse CASSIOPEIA Desktop Sit-Stand Retrofit, Instructions
- Assembly Time: 5-10 minutes
- Tools Required: Phillips Screwdriver
- To raise or lower the CASSIOPEIA, simultaneously squeeze the
release paddles on both sides. With the paddles squeezed, raise or lower the work surface to the desired height and then release
the paddles to engage the locking mechanism. The unit will then
lock into place at the next highest position.
- Move between standing and sitting on a regular basis. If you are just starting out with a sit-stand desk, maintain yourself in the standing position for brief intervals - don't try to stand for extended periods until your body has adjusted and become comfortable.
- If you find standing tiring, consider purchasing a quality anti-fatigue mat which can significantly increase your comfort by enabling your feet and legs to shift slightly while you work.
- Consider a "leaning" style of seat rather than going back to the standard office chair. Using a seat such as this can ease the load on the feet and legs while still providing most of the benefits of the fully upright standing posture.
- Ensure that your monitors are positioned at an appropriate height. A good guideline is to keep the top edge of the monitor equal to or slightly higher than your eye height. This will encourage an upright posture which keeps the head properly balance and supported by the spine.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|DSS-27|| CASSIOPEIA Desktop Sit-Stand Retrofit, Compact, Black|
|DSS-36|| CASSIOPEIA Desktop Sit-Stand Retrofit, Standard, Black|
|PMA-BLK|| PROXIMA Lateral Monitor Arm, Single Monitor, Black|
|PMA-SIL|| PROXIMA Lateral Monitor Arm, Single Monitor, Silver|
|CM07|| Aidata Cable Tube, Black|