Page last updated: Fri, 16-Nov-2018 14:51:51
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
ANDROMEDA Electric Workstation Base 3-Legby ErgoVerse
The ANDROMEDA Electric Workstation Base (3-Leg) from ErgoVerse gives sit-stand users a host of premium features at an affordable cost. The ANDROMEDA is capable of lifting up to 330 pounds and has an adjustable range from 24" - 50". The trio of synchronized motors feature a "soft start" which eliminates abrupt starts and stops, resulting in exceptionally smooth non-jarring movement. The programmable 6-button controller offers 4 preset height options with a unique "touch-and-go" function that permits users to pursue other tasks once they have activated the new height setting.
The ANDROMEDA 3-leg model features a sturdy 2-Leg "T-base" combined with a "modular" 3rd leg. The frame offers exceptional stability and the modular nature of the 3rd leg means the frame can also accommodate scenarios where more traditional 3-leg frame designs may not be suitable. The synchronized linear actuator motors are capable of lifting at 1.5" per second reducing time required to make adjustments. The convenient "touch-and-go" feature that enables a user to make their height selection and then move on to other tasks while the workstation self-adjusts further reduces lost time. Anti-Collision Protection is provided via "stop and reverse" functionality which stops and backs the desk away from fixed obstructions.
The range of elevation adjustment, features, and universal application make the ANDROMEDA a good selection for most sit-stand applications. Assembly is simple and can generally be accomplished in under an hour.
Note: This frame does not work with 3-piece corner desks. As well, the primary frame must be mounted to bridge the joint between the primary and secondary tops. See the Usage Tips for more details regarding top selection.
If a more standard 2-Leg frame might be considered the ErgoVerse ANDROMEDA Electric Workstation (2-Leg) which offers the same range of features as the 3-Leg model should be considered.
NOTE: The adjustable design of the ANDROMEDA makes it capable of accommodating a wide range table top widths and depths. ErgoVerse offers the premium quality line of DIADEM Waterfall Table Tops and the DIADEM Return Table Tops as an ideal complement for the ANDROMEDA 3-Leg Frame. The DIADEM tops feature 3-D lamination which eliminates any sharp edges and are available in 4 rich wood grains and 2 solid colours. The L-shaped configuration requires both a DIADEM Waterfall and DIADEM Return Table Top. Pre-existing or custom-made table tops can also be easily mounted on the ANDROMEDA base.
Reduces the Risks Associated with Extended Sitting
- Studies have shown that sitting (and even standing) for prolonged periods of time is a risk factor for health. For those who work at stationary workstations, a desk that gives the user the option to sit and stand throughout the day will help break up those prolonged periods of unhealthy stationary work. An ANDROMEDA Electric Workstation Base allows the user to quickly adjust the height of the entire worksurface to accommodate sitting, leaning and standing positions whenever desired.
Reduces the Risks Associated with Overreaching
- ErgoVerse ANDROMEDA Electric Workstation Bases raise and lower the entire worksurface. This means that all required materials and devices can easily be kept within the ideal Comfort Zone. Smaller retrofit style units generally provide a much smaller work area and can require regular reaching outside the Comfort Zone. Learn More About the Comfort Zone.
Accommodates Nearly All Users
- The range of adjustment on the ANDROMEDA is sufficient to accommodate sitting, leaning and standing heights for users ranging from 5' 5" up to 6' 6".
- The ability to vary posture between traditional seated, leaning and standing positions increases circulation throughout the body and reduces fatigue in the feet and legs (from standing for extended periods), and lower back (from sitting for extended periods).
Facilitates a Complete Ergonomic Workstation
- Full travel sit-stand height adjustable bases such as the ANDROMEDA are the ideal foundation for a complete ergonomic workstation. All other sit-stand workstation retrofit solutions sacrifice something. For some it is the limited dimensions of the accessible workspace, for others it is the limited range of height adjustment (above the desk only), and for others it is stability. For a surprising number of these it can be 2 or all 3 of these that are lost. The ability to raise and lower the entire work surface to the appropriate height for keyboard positioning means that a full height-adjustable base can meet the keyboarding needs of virtually any user, regardless of their stature. An appropriate monitor arm with a sufficient range can provide the necessary additional elevation for monitors when in a standing position. The result will be a workstation capable of meeting the needs of virtually any user, regardless of their workstation requirements when sitting, standing or leaning. The wide range of features on the ErgoVerse ANDROMEDA Electric Workstation Bases and their affordable pricing make them especially suitable for this purpose.
- Programmable 6-Button Control: The convenient control panel offers 4 One-Touch preset height options as well as manual Up/Down buttons for fine tuning height preferences. A clear digital readout displays current height setting and programming details. Once programmed the frame can be adjusted to any of the 4 presets with just a single touch, letting the desk adjust independently as the user performs other tasks.
Note: Programmable presets should always be fine tuned to account for the time of day (i.e. by afternoon users are no longer standing as upright or tall as in the morning), height of shoes, etc.
- Clean Styling: ANDROMEDA bases offer simplicity of design. The open design and clean straight lines mean the bases will fit in any environment. ANDROMEDA sit-stand bases are available in either Black or Silver finish.
- Width Adjustable: The ANDROMEDA primary section can adjust from 40" up 68.5" in width, accommodating tops from 41" to 96" in width. Positioning of the modular third leg is limited only by the length of the cables and the strength of the top. Caution is advised to not create an open span width beyond what your particular top is able to accommodate without bowing.
- Accepts a Variety of Desk Top Sizes: The ErgoVerse ANDROMEDA Electric Workstation Bases are equipped with 23.75" deep feet for stability. The mounting brackets for the top are 19.75" deep which means that this frame can accept tops as shallow as 20". Maximum recommended top depth for this model would be 36".
- Centered Legs for Stability: The electric legs support the top from a central position, meaning that tops can easily be centered on the frame for optimum stability.
- Anti-Collision Safety Feature: If the table top meets a fixed obstacle while moving in either an upward or downward direction, the desk frame will stop and reverse slightly to eliminate any pressure against the obstacle.
- "Soft Start" Feature: ANDROMEDA Electric Workstation Bases have a soft-start feature which eliminates the potential for abrupt starts or stops.
- Triple Nesting Columns: The nested telescoping legs provide a full 26" of height adjustment with minimal effect on stability even when at maximum height.
- Adjustable Levelling Feet: The base includes adjustable feet which can be adjusted 0.4" (1 cm) to ensure the base is level and to compensate for floor unevenness.
- Overload and Overheat Protection: ErgoVerse ANDROMEDA Electric Workstation Bases include both overload and overheat protection circuits designed to protect the leg motors from unintentional overuse or overloading.
- Environmentally Conscious: Standby power consumption is just 0.1 watts which translates to under 1.2 Kw consumption per year based on 24 hour standby. With actual consumption of 300 W while being adjusted - allowing for 4 full height adjustments per hour, 10 hours a day, 5 days a week and 52 weeks of the year - the total energy consumption for a year would come to only 16.5 kWh. Users may well make shorter and/or fewer adjustments which will reduce the actual energy consumption accordingly.
- Recyclable Packaging: ANDROMEDA Electric Workstation Bases are shipped in sturdy but fully recyclable packing materials.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
ANDROMEDA Electric Workstation Base (3-Leg) - Silver
ANDROMEDA Electric Workstation Base (3-Leg) - Black
ANDROMEDA Electric Workstation Base (3-Leg) - Frame Only
ANDROMEDA Electric Workstation Base (3-Leg)
ANDROMEDA Electric Workstation Base (3-Leg)
ANDROMEDA Electric Workstation Base (3-Leg)
ANDROMEDA Electric Workstation Base (3-Leg)
- ErgoVerse Andromeda Electric Workstation Base 3-Leg: PDF
- When assembling your frame and installing the top check to ensure that the length of screws being used to secure the top are of appropriate length. You don't want to find that your new desk has screws poking through the surface.
- Desk top thickness and construction materials determine the maximum safe distance for an unsupported span or for top overhang. Care should be taken to ensure that heavy items placed on the desk top are positioned in such a way that their weight is positioned over or in reasonably close proximity to a supporting leg or frame. Placing heavier items in the middle of an unsupported span can, over time, lead to bowing. Tops should be at least 0.75" thick, preferably thicker. Overall strength and resistance to bowing generally increases with both thickness of the top as well as in relation to the materials from which it is constructed. With thinner tops the width of unsupported spans should probably be no wider than 24". Remember that the 2-leg portion of the frame must bridge the joint between primary and secondary tops.
- Don't stand for too long. Certainly in the initial period, limit your standing to 15 to 20 minutes per session unless you are already used to extended standing.
- Switch! Set a notification on your computer or phone to remind you to switch between sitting and standing on a regular basis. Doing so will help you develop the habit of switching throughout the day.
- Don't just stand there! Try to consciously use your leg and core muscles as you stand. Allow your body to shift and especially make a point of moving and flexing your leg muscles. By doing so, you encourage healthy blood flow in the lower legs. This can help you avoid the problems that can arise when people stand for a long time without moving.
- Be sure to consider your height as you position your desk. Be aware that the height of your heels and even the time of day will affect your standing height. Over the course of the day most people will lose about a half-inch in height, possibly more. Ensure that you adjust the desk accordingly to achieve a neutral posture.
- Try to avoid high heels if you plan to stand while you work. These will tire your feet and increase the risk of damage to the structures of your feet and lower leg.
- Consider an anti-fatigue mat. Many users find that standing is actually tiring, especially so with the hard surfaced floors on which most people work. The shortnap carpet that is common in many office or retail environments does little to mitigate the rigidity of the concrete it usually covers. A good mat can leave you much less fatigued at the end of the day as it encourages flexing of the feet and lower leg muscles. If you wish to regularly switch between standing and sitting you will want a mat which can be easily moved when transitioning between the two positions. For available options, visit our Anti-Fatigue Mats category.
- Try leaning. If you discover that you like working in an upright position but find that extended standing fatigues your body you may wish to consider one of the many seating options designed for working at elevated desks. These reduce the load on your feet by letting you transfer the majority of your weight to the seat. The "almost upright" stance provides most of the mobility and range of movement that standing offers, while reducing the risk of fatigue. The leaning position also helps you transition effortlessly to a standing position. For available options, visit our Seating for Sit-Stand / Lean Workstations category.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|AWB-3S|| ErgoVerse ANDROMEDA Electric Workstation Base 3-Leg, Height Adjustable from 23.5" to 49.5" at 1.5" per second, 220 lb lift capacity, Width Adjustable from 43" to 73.6" wide, 23.75" Feet, Silver|
|AWB-3B|| ErgoVerse ANDROMEDA Electric Workstation Base 3-Leg, Height Adjustable from 23.5" to 49.5" at 1.5" per second, 220 lb lift capacity, Width Adjustable from 43" to 73.6" wide, 23.75" Feet, Black|
|SCMS-SIL|| SPICA Cable Management System, Silver|
|SCMS-BLK|| SPICA Cable Management System, Black|
|CCH-BLK|| CETUS CPU Holder, Black|
|CCH-SIL|| CETUS CPU Holder, Silver|
|PC-1002G|| Machine Cart / Storage Shelves / Monitor Stand|
|DO-1020|| Under Desk Storage Organizer, Black|
|KB-1010|| Desk Clamp Keyboard Tray|
|CM09|| Aidata Floor Cable Protector, PVC, 6'|