Page last updated: Fri, 18-Aug-2017 14:17:07
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
Ergomaker 2-Leg Electric Height Adjustable Baseby Ergomaker
| Accessories |
The Ergomaker 2-Leg Electric Height Adjustable Base is an affordably priced sit-stand solution which offers smooth and quiet lifting of up to 220 pounds from 23.5" - 49.5". Equipped with dual motors, a soft start feature eliminates potentially jarring movement, and a 6-button programmable control featuring 4 preset options, the Ergomaker Base is also adjustable in width from 43" - 73.6" and is capable of accepting tops 20" - 30" in depth. The wide range of features, universal application, and a comprehensive 5-year warranty make the Ergomaker 2-Leg Electric Height Adjustable Base a good selection for most sit-stand applications. Assembly is simple and can generally be accomplished in about 45 minutes.
The "T-base" design centers the 3-stage lifting legs, providing a level of stability that approaches that of other higher priced solutions, even at the highest of elevations. Synchronized linear actuator motors housed within each leg provide a height adjustment speed of 1.5" per second. Users are able to store up to four preferred one-touch height settings or can manually adjust the desk height with the up/down buttons. The base features a "stop and reverse" built-in Anti-Collision protection in the event that the table collides with a fixed object.
NOTE: The adjustable nature of this frame means that a wide variety of table top options can be mounted to this frame or you may provide your own custom-made or pre-existing table top.
Users who have a corner or L-shaped desk may be interested in the Ergomaker 3-Leg Electric Height Adjustable Base which offers the same range of features as the 2-Leg model with the capability of lifting a corner-style desk.
Reduces the Risks Associated with Extended Sitting
- Studies have shown that sitting (and even standing) for prolonged periods of time is a risk factor for health. For those who work at stationary workstations, a desk that gives the user the option to sit and stand throughout the day will help break up those prolonged periods of unhealthy stationary work. The ErgoMaker Height Adjustable base allows the user to quickly adjust the height of the entire worksurface to accommodate sitting, leaning and standing positions whenever desired.
Reduces the Risks Associated with Overreaching
- ErgoMaker Height Adjustable bases raise and lower the entire worksurface. This means that all required materials and devices can easily be kept within the ideal comfort zone. Smaller retrofit style units generally provide a much smaller work area and can require regular reaching outside the comfort zone.
Accommodates Nearly All Users
- The range of adjustment is sufficient to accommodate sitting, leaning and standing heights for users ranging from 5' 5" up to 6' 6".
- The ability to vary posture between traditional seated, leaning and standing positions increases circulation throughout the body and reduces fatigue in the feet and legs (from standing for extended periods), and lower back (from sitting for extended periods).
Facilitates a Complete Ergonomic Workstation
- Full travel sit-stand height adjustable bases are the ideal foundation for a complete ergonomic workstation. All other sit-stand workstation retrofit solutions sacrifice something. For some it is the limited dimensions of the accessible workspace, for others it is the limited range of height adjustment (above the desk only), and for others it is stability. For a surprising number of these it can be 2 or all 3 of these that are lost. The ability to raise and lower the entire work surface to the appropriate height for keyboard positioning means that a full height-adjustable base can meet the keyboarding needs of virtually any user, regardless of their stature. An appropriate monitor arm with a sufficient range can provide the necessary additional elevation for monitors when in a standing position. The result will be a workstation capable of meeting the needs of virtually any user, regardless of their workstation requirements when sitting, standing or leaning. The wide range of features on the ErgoMaker frames and their affordable pricing make them especially suitable for this purpose.
- Programmable 6-Button Control: The convenient control panel offers 4 One-Touch preset height options as well as manual Up/Down buttons for fine tuning height preferences. A clear digital readout displays current height setting and programming details. Once programmed the frame can be adjusted to any of the 4 presets with just a single touch, letting the desk adjust independently as you perform other tasks.
Note: Programmable presets should always be fine tuned to account for the time of day (i.e. by afternoon users are no longer standing as upright or tall as in the morning), height of shoes, etc.
- Clean Styling: Ergomaker bases offer simplicity of design. The open design and clean straight lines mean the bases will fit in any environment. ErgoMaker sit-stand bases are available in either Black or Silver finish.
- Width Adjustable: The Ergomaker Electric Height Adjustable Base can adjust from 43" up 73.6" in width and can accommodate tops from 44" to 96" in width. This means it can be used to mount virtually any size of standard desk top.
- Accepts a Variety of Desk Top Sizes: The Ergomaker 2-Leg Electric Height Adjustable Bases are equipped with 23.75" deep feet for stability. The mounting brackets for the top are 19.75" deep which means that this frame can accept tops as shallow as 20". Maximum recommended top depth for this model would be 36".
- Centered Legs for Stability: The electric legs support the top from a central position, meaning that tops can easily be centered on the frame for optimum stability.
- Anti-Collsion Safety Feature: If the table top meets a fixed obstacle while moving in either an upward or downward direction, the desk frame will stop and reverse slightly to eliminate any pressure against the obstacle.
- "Soft Start" Feature: Ergomaker Electric Height Adjustable Bases have a soft-start feature which eliminates the potential for abrupt starts or stops.
- Triple Nesting Columns: The nested telescoping legs provide a full 25" of height adjustment with minimal effect on stability even when at maximum height.
- Adjustable Levelling Feet: The base includes adjustable feet which can be adjusted 0.4" (1 cm) to ensure the base is level and to compensate for floor unevenness.
- Overload and Overheat Protection: Ergomaker Height Adjustable frames include both Overload and Overheat protection circuits designed to protect the leg motors from unintentional overuse or overloading.
- Environmentally Conscious: Standby power consumption is just 0.1 watts which translates to under 0.8 Kw consumption per year based on 24 hour standby. With actual consumption of 200 W while being adjusted - allowing for 4 full height adjustments per hour, 10 hours a day, 5 days a week and 52 weeks of the year - the total energy consumption for a year would come to only 11 kWh. Users may well make shorter and/or fewer adjustments which will reduce the actual energy consumption accordingly.
- Recyclable Packaging: Ergomaker Height Adjustable frames are shipped in sturdy but fully recyclable packing materials.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Ergomaker Electric Height Adjustable 2-Leg Table Base - Black
Ergomaker Electric Height Adjustable 2-Leg Table Base - Silver
Ergomaker Height Adjustable Frame for Standing
Ergomaker Height Adjustable Frame for Sitting
Ergomaker Frames are Fully Programmable
Ergomaker Frames are Also Available in 3-Leg Configurations
- ErgoMaker 2-Leg Electric Height Adjustable Base User Guide: PDF
- Height Adjustment Range: 23.5" - 49.5" (59.7 - 125.7 cm) - without top
- Rate of Height Adjustment: 1.5" (38 mm) / second
- Width (Adjustable): 43" - 73.6" (109.2 cm - 186.7 cm)
- Depth (Feet): 23.75" (60.3 cm)
- Depth (Top Mounting Brackets): 19.75" (50.2 cm)
- Width (Feet): 2.75" (7 cm)
- Maximum Load: 220 lbs (100 kg)
- Programmability: Four position memory/six-button programmable controller with LED display
- Sound Level Rating: 50 dB
- Electrical Requirements:
- Input Voltage 100-240V AC
- Output Voltage 24V DC
- Standby Power Consumption: 0.1 W
- Operating Power Consumption: 200 W
- Duty Cycle: 2 minutes ON, 18 minutes OFF (internal overheat and overload protection)
Note: 1 complete cycle (UP and Down the full 26" range) takes only 35 seconds.
- Top Crossbeam Removable?: No
- Anti-Collision Protection: Yes (stops and reverses direction)
- Warranty: 5 Years (covers frame, motors, and electrical)
- Package Contents: ErgoMaker 2-Leg Height Adjustable Base, Assembly Hardware, Assembly Instructions.
- Estimated Assembly Time: 45 minutes (1 person). Mounting a top to the frame should take no more than 5 - 10 minutes - a second person is recommended.
- Tools Required: Allen Wrenches (included). Installation of top and control panel will require a Phillips screwdriver.
Note: Always ensure that screws used for mounting the top are of appropriate length.
- When assembling your frame and installing the top check to ensure that the length of screws being used to secure the top are of appropriate length. You don't want to find that your new desk has screws poking through the surface.
- Don't stand for too long. Certainly in the initial period, limit your standing to 15 to 20 minutes per session unless you are already used to extended standing
- Switch! Set a notification on your computer or phone to remind you to switch between sitting and standing on a regular basis. Doing so will help you develop the habit of switching throughout the day.
- Don't just stand there! Try to consciously use your leg and core muscles as you stand. Allow your body to shift and especially make a point of moving and flexing your leg muscles. By doing so, you encourage healthy blood flow in the lower legs. This can help you avoid the problems that can arise when people stand for a long time without moving.
- Be sure to consider your height as you position your desk. Be aware that the height of your heels and even the time of day will affect your standing height. (Everyone is a tiny fraction shorter at the end of the day than they are in the morning.) Ensure that you adjust the desk accordingly to achieve a neutral posture.
- Try to avoid high heels if you plan to stand while you work. These will tire your feet and increase the risk of damage to the structures of your feet and lower leg.
- Consider an anti-fatigue mat. Many users find that standing is actually tiring, especially so with the hard surfaced floors on which most people work. The shortnap carpet that is common in many office or retail environments does little to mitigate the rigidity of the concrete it usually covers. A good mat can leave you much less fatigued at the end of the day as it encourages flexing of the feet and lower leg muscles. If you wish to regularly switch between standing and sitting you will want a mat which can be easily moved when transitioning between the two positions. For available options, visit our Anti-Fatigue Mats category.
- Try leaning. If you discover that you like working in an upright position but find that extended standing fatigues your body you may wish to consider one of the many seating options designed for working at elevated desks. These reduce the load on your feet by letting you transfer the majority of your weight to the seat. The 'almost upright' stance provides most of the mobility and range of movement that standing offers, while reducing the risk of fatigue. The leaning position also helps you transition effortlessly to a standing position. For available options, visit our Seating for Sit-Stand Workstations category
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|ED201-SLV|| Ergomaker 2-Leg Electric Height Adjustable Base, Height Adjustable from 23.5" to 49.5" at 1.5" per second, Width Adjustable from 43" to 75.6", Foot Size 23.75", Silver|
|ED201-BLK|| Ergomaker 2-Leg Electric Height Adjustable Base, Height Adjustable from 23.5" to 49.5" at 1.5" per second, Width Adjustable from 43" to 75.6", Foot Size 23.75", Black|