Page last updated: Fri, 19-Jan-2018 14:18:23
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
ErgoUP Double Leg and Foot Restby ErgoDynamics
| Usage Tips |
The ErgoUP Double Leg and Foot Rest is a universal leg support accessory for contemporary office chairs. This model, with an 18" width, is wide enough to support either one or both legs either beside or under the desk of the user. This makes it most suitable for situations where the Single or ErgoCurve model may not be wide enough for the user. The leg rest is available with either Standard or Memory Foam padding, comfortably keeping the foot, knee and hip properly aligned while elevating the foot and leg. The ErgoUP is often used following surgery in order to relieve knee and foot pain, increase blood circulation, reduce pressure on the spine and decrease fatigue.
The ErgoUP can be used on most standard office chairs and functions much like an ottoman does in home environments. It provides an elevated leg rest ottoman with casters which can easily move on to accommodate the needs of the user. The support attaches to the central post of user's office chair with a velcro strap and rotates 360° to move to the side or rear of chair as required. It can also be fully adjusted in height and distance from the seat. The 1.5" thick rectangular pad is 18" wide x 12" deep and automatically tilts to a comfortable angle for the user. It is available with either furniture fabric or leatherette coverings, with the option of Regular or Memory Foam.
NOTE: Bases with an unusually high crowning may not be compatible with this product. Please see the Dimensions image on the Detailed Specifications Page.
Support for Leg and Foot
- The ErgoUP is intended to act as an assistive therapeutic device. It is typically used temporarily by users returning to work after injury or surgery rather than a permanent solution. The pad tilts to match the user's leg to an ideal ergonomic angle. Some conditions which may benefit from the ErgoUP include Knee Injuries, Bunion Removals, Back Pain, Varicose Veins, Edema, Heavy Leg Syndrome, Neuromuscular Disorders, Trauma, Pregnancy, Cardiovascular Disease, Diabetes, Side Effects of Certain Medications.
Increases Blood Flow and Circulation
- The ErgoUP maintains the appropriate blood flow and circulation in users' lower extremities. However, using the ErgoUP for an extended period of time may lead to decreased blood flow and circulation as a result of a non-standard positioning of the leg and foot of the user.
Enhances Productivity and Overall Comfort
- Working in a semi-reclined position or with the feet elevated as required throughout the workday can adjust the strain on other muscles in the body and decrease fatigue. This can yield increased comfort by offering varied seating postures and potentially reduce the impact of discomfort on work performance.
- Height and Distance Adjustable: The leg support ottoman can be adjusted in height (from 14" to 24") and distance from the cylinder on the seat (from 16" to 20"), ensuring proper positioning of the leg support for all except those of above-average height (Above Average height users have the option of purchasing an Extension which extends the range up to 26").
- Tilt Adjustable: The tilt of the pad automatically conforms to the angle of the user's leg, providing optimal comfort and ergonomic benefit.
- Two Cushioning Options: Regular foam pads provide soft but firm support which quickly springs back to shape. Memory Foam pads contour to the body's curves and provide a feeling of softer support, but take longer to return to the default position. If concern exists regarding the possibility of pressure points the Memory Foam is the preferred choice.
- Choice of Cover Material: The furniture fabric covering of the pads 'breathes' better than leatherette covers. This aids in preventing hotspots and sweating. However, the leatherette pads are more easily cleaned and disinfected.
- Versatile and Portable Design: The ErgoUP attaches to the chair of the user and rotates 360° around the chair, enabling the user to easily swing it to the side or back into the supporting position without an awkward movement. Getting in and out of the seat is not impeded by the ErgoUP; simply swivel the support to one side or the other.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
ErgoUP Double Leg and Foot Rest
ErgoUP Double Leg and Foot Rest - in use
ErgoUP Double Leg and Foot Rest - attached to chair
ErgoUP Double Leg and Foot Rest - dimensions
ErgoUP Double Leg and Foot Rest - models available
- ErgoUp Installation Instructions: PDF
- Horizontal Distance from Chair Mount to Centre of Leg and Foot Rest:
Standard: 16" (40.6 cm) to 20" (50.8 cm)
Optional Extension: 22" (55.7 cm) to 26" (66.0 cm)
- Vertical Adjustment Range for Leg and Foot Rest:
Minimum: 14" (35.6 cm)
Maximum: 24" (61.0 cm)
- Angle of Adjustment for Leg and Foot Support:
Minimum: -90 degrees
Maximum: +90 degrees
NOTE: the support swivels, matching the angle of your leg or ankle.
- Pad Width: 18" (45.72 cm)
- Pad Length: 12" (30.48 cm)
- Pad Thickness: 1.5" (3.81 cm)
- Colour: Black
- Shape: Flat
- Pad Covering Material: Furniture Fabric or Leatherette (antibacterial vinyl)
- Pad Inner Material: Standard Foam or Memory Foam
- Warranty: One Year on parts and manufacturing defects - does not cover wear and tear
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|18FSB|| ErgoUP Double, Black Furniture Fabric, 1.5" Foam Pad|
|18LSB|| ErgoUP Double, Black Leatherette, 1.5" Foam Pad|
|18FMB|| ErgoUP Double, Black Furniture Fabric, 1.5" Memory Foam Pad|
|18LMB|| ErgoUP Double, Black Leatherette, 1.5" Memory Foam Pad|
|XL COUPLER|| Extension Accessory for Tall Users, increases maximum extension from 20" to 26" from cylinder|