Page last updated: Thu, 16-Aug-2018 15:31:25
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
ErgoCURVE Single Leg and Foot Restby ErgoDynamics
| Usage Tips |
The ErgoCURVE Single Leg and Foot Rest has been designed to provide a universal leg support accessory for most contemporary office chairs. This model supports one leg at a time, either beside or under the desk of the user, and features a curved 'sling-like' padded support. This makes it most suitable for situations where the flat Single or Double model may not be appropriate (for example if the user has tremors, or Restless Leg Syndrome). The ErgoCurve keeps the foot, knee and hip properly aligned while elevating the foot and leg. It is often used following surgery in order to relieve knee and foot pain, increase blood circulation, reduce pressure on the spine and decrease fatigue. For individualized comfort the ErgoCurve is available with either Standard or Memory Foam padding, both of which are also available with fabric or leatherette coverings.
The ErgoCURVE can be used on most standard office chairs (see note) and functions much like an ottoman does in home environments. The support attaches to the central post of the user's office chair with a velcro strap and casters enable it to rotate 360° to move to the side or rear of chair as required. It can also be fully adjusted in height and distance from the seat and automatically tilts to a comfortable angle for the user. The sharply concave rest is 9" wide x 12" deep with a curvature depth of 2" and a padding thickness of 1.5".
NOTE: Bases with an unusually high crowning may not be compatible with this product. Please see the Dimensions image on the Detailed Specifications Page.
Support for Leg and Foot
- The ErgoCURVE is intended to act as an assistive therapeutic device and is typically used temporarily by users returning to work after injury or surgery rather than as a permanent solution. Since the pad tilts to match the user's leg angle there is no need to physically adjust the angle througout the day - it will automatically change as needed. Some conditions which may benefit from the ErgoCURVE include Knee Injuries, Bunion Removals, Back Pain, Varicose Veins, Edema, Heavy Leg Syndrome, Neuromuscular Disorders, Trauma, Pregnancy, Cardiovascular Disease, Diabetes, Side Effects of Certain Medications.
Increases Blood Flow and Circulation
- The ErgoCURVE maintains the appropriate blood flow and circulation in users' lower extremities. However, using the ErgoCURVE for an extended period of time may lead to decreased blood flow and circulation as a result of a non-standard positioning of the leg and foot of the user.
Enhances Productivity and Overall Comfort
- Working in a semi-reclined position or with the feet elevated as required throughout the workday can adjust the strain on other muscles in the body and decrease fatigue. This can yield increased seating comfort by offering varied seating postures and potentially reduce the impact of discomfort on work performance.
Concave 'Cradle' Design
- For some users, there is a desire to have extra surety of support. The concave cradle design (like the bottom third of a cylinder) ensures that the leg will not accidentally slip off the support for any reason.
- Height and Distance Adjustable: The leg support ottoman can be adjusted in height (from 14" to 24") and distance from the cylinder on the seat (16" to 20"), ensuring proper location of the leg support for all except those of above-average height (Above Average height users have the option of purchasing an Extension which extends the range up to 26".)
- Tilt Adjustable: The tilt of the pad automatically conforms to the angle of the user's leg, providing optimal comfort and ergonomic benefit.
- Two Types of Cushioning: Regular foam pads provide soft but firm support which quickly springs back to shape. Memory Foam pads contour to the body's curves and provide a feeling of softer support, but take longer to return to the default position. If concern exists regarding the possibility of pressure points the Memory Foam is the preferred choice.
- Choice of Cover Material: The furniture fabric covering of the pads 'breathes' better than leatherette pads. This aids in preventing hot spots and sweating. However, the leatherette pads are more easily cleaned and disinfected.
- Versatile and Portable Design: The ErgoCURVE attaches to the chair of the user and rotates 360° around the chair, enabling the user to easily swing it to the side or back into the supporting position without an awkward movement. Getting in and out of the seat is not impeded by the ErgoCURVE - simply swivel the support to one side or the other.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
ErgoCURVE Single Leg and Foot Rest
ErgoCURVE Single Leg and Foot Rest - in use
ErgoCURVE Single Leg and Foot Rest - attached to chair
ErgoCURVE Single Leg and Foot Rest - dimensions
ErgoCURVE Single Leg and Foot Rest - models available
- ErgoUp Installation Instructions: PDF
- Horizontal Distance from Chair Mount to Centre of Leg and Foot Rest:
Standard: 16" (40.6 cm) to 20" (50.8 cm)
Optional Extension: 22" (55.7 cm) to 26" (66.0 cm)
- Vertical Adjustment Range for Leg and Foot Rest:
Minimum: 14" (35.6 cm)
Maximum: 24" (61.0 cm)
- Angle of Adjustment for Leg and Foot Support:
Minimum: -90 degrees
Maximum: +90 degrees
NOTE: the support swivels, matching the angle of your leg or ankle.
- Pad Width: 12" (30.48 cm)
- Pad Length: 12" (30.48 cm)
- Pad Thickness: 1.5" (3.81 cm)
- Colour: Black
- Shape: Curved
- Pad Covering Material: Furniture Fabric or Leatherette (antibacterial vinyl)
- Pad Inner Material: Standard Foam or Memory Foam
- Warranty: One Year on parts and manufacturing defects - does not cover wear and tear
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|CFSB|| ErgoCurve, Black Furniture Fabric, 1.5" Foam Pad|
|CLSB|| ErgoCurve, Black Leatherette, 1.5" Foam Pad|
|CFMB|| ErgoCurve, Black Furniture Fabric, 1.5" Memory Foam Pad|
|CLMB|| ErgoCurve, Black Leatherette, 1.5" Memory Foam Pad|
|XL COUPLER|| Extension Accessory for Tall Users, increases maximum extension from 20" to 26" from cylinder|