Page last updated: Fri, 16-Nov-2018 14:51:47
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
The Kangaroo is an adjustable height desk which converts any ordinary desk into a sit-stand desk. It is free-standing (no clamping required) and easily moved to any position on the desk. The main keyboard platform adjusts up or down with the assistance of a gas cylinder (or lift), making quick adjustments throughout the day easy and effortless. This platform is generous compared to most keyboard trays at 28" wide and 24" deep and can be adjusted up to 16.5" above the desk. With the "stopping bolt" feature, the user can raise the platform to a preset desired height every time. All Kangaroo models also include a stabilization leg to practically eliminate worksurface vibration.
An independently adjustable shelf unit is also provided with the Kangaroo to support either a single monitor with its stand attached or a laptop. This shelf unit has a 6.5" range of adjustment relative to the main keyboard platform. It also has its own gas cylinder mechanism and tightening knob (or "monitor brake").
The Kangaroo is recommended for monitors up to 15 lbs (with stand attached). For heavier monitors, customized units can be special ordered upon request.
Available colour options include Black, Cherry, and Maple. Additional accessories to extend the worksurface are also available.
Reduces the Risks Associated with Extended Sitting
- Studies have shown that sitting (and even standing) for prolonged periods of time is a risk factor for health. For those who work at stationary workstations, a desk that gives the user the option to sit and
stand throughout the day will help break up those prolonged periods of unhealthy stationary work. The Kangaroo allows the user to adjust the height of the workstation to accommodate both sitting and standing positions whenever desired.
Reduces the Risk of Neck Injury
- One of several key risk factors for injury in an office setting is an improperly positioned monitor. A good sit-stand desk will help eliminate that problem by allowing independent height adjustment for the monitor relative to the worksurface on which the keyboard and mouse are situated. The Kangaroo has 6.5" of independent adjustment to play with, making it easier to adjust the monitor height to a position that is optimal for the user, whether the user is sitting or standing. Learn More About Improper Monitor Position
Reduces the Risks Associated with Overreaching
- Unlike many other retrofit sit-stand desks, the Kangaroo provides a generous 28” x 22” working area with plenty of real estate for the keyboard, mouse and other office devices such as calculators, phones, and tablets. Learn More About the Comfort Zone
- Free Standing (Drill and Clamp-Free): The Kangaroo is ideal for organizations that prohibit drilling into the desk, or clamping onto its edge. A heavy solid steel base allows the unit to be positioned on a desk top without creating a tipping hazard. Felt pads underneath the base prevent scuffing or scratching of the desktop.
- Independent Monitor Height Adjustment: 6.5" of independent height adjustment is available via a gas lift mechanism and monitor brake. These two features enable the keyboard platform to be raised and lowered effortlessly, and secured firmly in place at the desired height. Most users will need to adjust the monitor height relative to the keyboard platform only once.
- Easily Moved Base: Non-marking felt pads on the base of the Kangaroo enable users to slide it easily out of the way to access the desk top or to reposition the unit to a better location.
- Shelf Unit for Single Monitor with Stand or Laptop: The Kangaroo allows the user to use either a single monitor with its stand attached or a laptop. This is a great option for those with monitors that do not have hole patterns for VESA mounting or who prefer to use a laptop screen for viewing.
- Stopping Bolt: The stopping bolt allows the user to set the desk at the preferred height for standing, so that the platform will stop at the correct height automatically whenever the user turns the release on the gas cylinder.
- Stabilization Leg: Each Kangaroo unit comes with one stabilization leg, which greatly increases the stability of the main worksurface platform and vastly reduces vibration.
- Work Extension Accessories: Optional accessories can be purchased to extend the worksurface on the sides and front.
- Multiple Colour Finishes: All Kangaroo units are available in four colours: Black, Cherry, Maple, and Putty (by special order only). Optional accessories can be purchased in the same finish.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Kangaroo - With Monitor (Raised)
Kangaroo - With Monitor (Sitting)
Kangaroo - Notebook (Standing)
Kangaroo - Notebook (Sitting)
Kangaroo - Optional Side Extensions
Kangaroo - Optional Keyboard Extension
Kangaroo - Available Colours
- Kangaroo Assembly Instructions: PDF
- Kangaroo User Guide: PDF
- Keyboard Platform: 28" wide x 24" deep
- Platform Height Adjustability: Up to 16.5" above desktop
- Adjustment Mechanism: Gas cylinder (for keyboard platform and shelf unit)
- Shelf Platform: 16" wide x 9.25" deep
- Monitor Height Adjustment Range: 6.5"
- Distance from Shelf Platform to Keyboard Platform: 3" (minimum), 9.5" (maximum)
- Base Plate Material: Solid steel
- Base Plate Dimensions: 17.5" wide x 16" deep
- Stabilization Leg: Included
- Optional Worksurface Accessories: Side and front extensions available (11.5" x 11.5" )
- Colour Options: Black, Maple, and Cherry (Putty is available as Special Order only)
- Warranty: Manufacturer Direct according to Ergo Desktop Guarantee
- Package Contents: Kangaroo Unit, Stabilization Leg (x1), Instructions, Assembly Hardware
- To adjust the keyboard platform downward with ease, apply an steady initial force at the back of the platform using both hands. If you have back problems that would make this type of movement difficult, go around to the back of your desk and do the same, so that you do not have to lean forward as much. If this, too, is a problem, ask someone else for assistance.
- Center the stabilization leg under the keyboard platform with the foot of the leg sitting on the metal base. This will allow you to reposition the Kangaroo on your desk without disturbing the stabilization leg.
- Move between standing and sitting on a regular basis. If you are just starting out with a sit-stand desk, maintain yourself in the standing position for brief intervals - don't try to stand for extended periods until your body has adjusted and become comfortable.
- If you find standing tiring, consider purchasing a quality anti-fatigue mat which can significantly increase your comfort by enabling your feet and legs to shift slightly while you work.
- Consider a 'leaning' style of seat rather than going back to the standard office chair. Using a seat such as this can ease the load on the feet and legs while still providing most of the benefits of the fully upright standing posture.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|ED-KA-CHE|| Kangaroo, Cherry|
|ED-KA-MAP|| Kangaroo, Maple|
|ED-KA-PUT|| Kangaroo, Putty|
|ED-KA-BLK|| Kangaroo, Black|
|KA-BLK-5B-S-ML|| Kangaroo, Black|
|ED-OW-CHE-2x|| Optional Worksurface Accessory (pair), 11.5" x 11.5", Cherry|
|ED-OW-MAP-2x|| Optional Worksurface Accessory (pair), 11.5" x 11.5", Maple|
|ED-OW-PUT-2x|| Optional Worksurface Accessory (pair), 11.5" x 11.5", Putty|
|ED-OW-BLK-2x|| Optional Worksurface Accessory (pair), 11.5" x 11.5", Black|
|ED-ECM|| 35.75" x 27" x 0.5", Black|
|LG|| Stabilization Leg|
|ED-EW-CHE|| Keyboard Extension (28" x 9"), Cherry|
|ED-EW-MAP|| Keyboard Extension (28" x 9"), Maple|
|ED-EW-BLK|| Keyboard Extension (28" x 9"), Black|