Page last updated: Thu, 19-Apr-2018 15:16:05
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
Cozy Legsby Cozy Products
| Additional Resources Usage Tips |
The Cozy Legs Flat Panel Radiant heater offers a safe and energy efficient alternative to traditional space heaters. Rather than trying to inefficiently heat large volumes of air, the Cozy Legs panel relies on "Radiant" heat transmitting directly from the surface of the panel to all exposed surfaces in close proximity to the panel. As these surfaces warm they can also begin to gradually transfer warmth to the air in the immediate vicinity via convection, slowly increasing the overall area being warmed. This makes the Cozy Legs an ideal solution to increase personal comfort in semi-enclosed areas below desks, where windows are leaching heat, or where a single person requires a slightly higher degree of warmth than others sharing the workspace. The small footprint and dimensions also make it well-suited to placement on a desk surface to provide warmth to cold hands. Because the transfer is direct from surface to surface the panel does need to be in reasonable proximity, with the intensity of the heat transfer directly related to the distance the receiving object is located from the panel. Optimum results are probably within the 10" - 14" range, with greater intensity at closer range and decreasing intensity beyond that distance.
The Cozy Legs uses only 200 Watts when operating at the HI setting, and is ETL Certified as a Zero Clearance Item which means that even when touching combustible materials there is no fire hazard. It also includes wide support feet which facilitate positioning the unit on any flat surface, in either vertical or horizontal orientations. A Hi-Lo-Off switch on the cord provides 2 levels of heating intensity and includes a light to indicate when unit is powered on. If further control and convenience is desired, the optional corded remote HI-LO-OFF switch accessory provides quick, convenient control of both levels of radiant heat. This prevents the need to potentially crawl under your desk to turn the unit off and on. A glowing indicator on the face of the panel notifies the user that the unit is actively heating.
Note on Cozy Legs Technology: Radiant heat is the transfer of heat from a hot object to a cooler object through space and typically works best in enclosed spaces (i.e. under a 3-sided desk). This is distinct from convection heating (e.g. space heaters) which heat the air in order to transfer heat.
Encourages Blood Circulation
- Keeping the body warm helps to ensure sufficient circulation in the legs and body while working.
- Few people are able to focus or work effectively if they are cold, even more so if it is their feet that are affected. The Cozy Legs transfers heat directly to the body which readily absorbs this energy. The air immediately adjacent does not have to be warmed directly but will gradually absorb some of this heat by contact with the surface being warmed.
- Space Saving Design: The Cozy Legs panel is just 19" wide by 12" high, and only 0.63" thick, permitting placement where the heat is most needed. The included feet provide support on any flat surface.
- Energy Efficient: Uses just 200 watts on High setting, only 13% of the energy consumed by a traditional 1500 watt space heater.
- Quiet: The Cozy Legs relies on radiance to transfer heat directly from the panel to the receiving person or object. There is no noisy fan cutting in and out. As the both the transmitting and receiving surfaces warm convection will also begin to slowly warm the arm in the immediate vicinity.
- Slim and Portable: A built-in carrying handle facilitates easy transport of the Cozy Legs so it can easily be moved around and between the office or home. The 12" panel height means that it can even be positioned on top of the desk if desired.
- In-Line Toggle Switch on Power Cord: Located 3 feet in from the plug, the toggle switch provides fingertip control and has an indicator light to show when power is flowing to the Cozy Legs.
- On-Panel Heat Indicator: A glowing indicator on the panel face notifies users when the Cozy Legs is actively heating.
- Optional Corded Hi-Lo-Off Remote Switch: An optional Corded Hi-Lo-Off Remote Switch can be purchased to offer temperature control for users who may wish to vary the heat level through the day. This switch has its own cord and can be routed for easier access than provided by the inline power switch.
- Increased Overall Comfort: Since the Cozy Legs makes no noise, comfort and work performance is unaffected. This is in contrast to traditional space heating solutions with fans.
- Safe: Reduces fire hazards by operating at a low wattage and keeping the heat thermostatically controlled at a constant temperature.
- ETL Certified for Zero Clearance: The Cozy Legs is ETL Certified (Proof of product compliance to North American safety standards for electrical, gas, etc.) for Zero Clearance mounting. This means that the panel can be mounted directly against a surface such as below a desk without risk.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Cozy Legs Deployed Below Desk
Cozy Legs - Multipurpose Design
Cozy Legs - Wide Feet for Stability
Cozy Legs - Inline Hi-Lo-Off Switch with Indicator Light
Optional Cozy Legs Hi-Lo Switch
- Width: 19" (48.25 cm)
- Depth: 0.63" (1.6 cm)
- Height: 12" (30.5 cm)
- Weight: 6.0 lbs (2.7 kg)
- Cord Length: 118" (3.0 m)
- Cord Length of Optional Hi-Lo-Off Switch: 88" (2.2 m)
- Power: 200 Watts, 1.67 Amperes
- Voltage: 120 Volts
- Inline On/Off Switch: Lit when unit is receiving power.
- Temperature Control: Built-in thermostat maintains operational temperature of approximately 130°F.
- Warranty: 6 months. Manufacturer direct only.
- Package Contents: Cozy Legs, Support Feet
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|CL-2|| Cozy Legs|
|HI-LO|| Hi-Lo-Off switch|