Page last updated: Tue, 27-Jun-2017 11:55:51
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
RollerMouse Redby Contour Design Inc.
| Usage Tips |
The RollerMouse Red from Contour Design is the latest member of the RollerMouse family of central pointing devices. It has the most significant changes made to the Rollermouse design so far: sleek aluminum housing that is solid and sturdy; a newly redesigned rollerbar with added thickness and texture; and a completely different tracking technology from that used in previous models.
The improved redesign of the Re:d makes cursor control more precise and effortless without compromising durability and robustness, replacing the old mechanical clicking with a newer "virtual" clicking mechanism. It is now the most advanced model in the RollerMouse family.
Note: Keyboard not included.
Need a keyboard? Get the Ultimate RollerMouse Bundle! Purchase any model of the RollerMouse Red with a Balance Keyboard and save $20.00.
Eliminates Overreaching for a Traditional Mouse, Relieving Neck, Shoulder and Elbow Pain
- Conventional keyboards will result in overreaching for the mouse as the user is forced to reach over the arrow keys and numeric keypad to get to the mouse. This can lead to neck, shoulder and elbow pain and discomfort. Asymmetrical reaching with one side of your body and not the other causes your muscle groups to compensate for the weight of your extended arm while reaching for a traditional mouse. Repetitive overreaching will often lead to tightness and pain in the neck, shoulder and elbow areas. The RollerMouse Re:d allows you to keep your elbows comfortably by your side, which is a more beneficial ergonomic position.
Prevents Static Grip of the Mouse
- The RollerMouse Re:d is controlled with an open relaxed hand and slightly curled fingers use of an unflexed hand, with no possibility of clutching or holding the device to effect cursor control. Fingertips roll the thick rollerbar both up and down and from side to side simultaneously to navigate the cursor over the entire screen, with very little friction or resistance. The elimination of flexing your fingers to grip the mouse avoids compression through the carpal tunnel.
Ambidextrous Cursor Control
- By centrally locating the mouse buttons beneath the keyboard home keys, mouse control is equidistant from either hand. Ambidextrous use is encouraged and easily accomplished, to an even greater degree than with the older RollerMouse Pro2, as the rollerbar of the Red is longer (though not as long as the RollerMouse Free2).
Click with Any Finger
- Use any finger to click on the rollerbar, unlike most mice which can lead to trigger finger as only the index finger is able to generate left clicks.
'One Touch' Access to High Frequency Actions
- Dedicated buttons for Copy, Paste, and Double Click.
- Thicker Rollerbar: Although all Rollermice have the unique 'rollerbar' to control the cursor, only the Red has the largest diameter sleeve. The thicker rollerbar sleeve is also textured with micro-dots, so that finger tactility is greatly increased, giving the user better control of the device and making it as accurate a control as any other regular mouse.
- Aluminum Housing: The RollerMouse Re:d has been given aircraft-quality aluminum housing not only to protect the components within from damage but to allow the unit itself to attach to keyboard trays via tray-mounting hardware (included). The solid housing helps prevent twisting or bending that could potentially affect the rollerbar's functionality, especially if it is used on uneven surfaces.
- 'Rollerbar' and 7SENSES Tracking Technology: The RollerMouse Re:d's unique feature is the newly redesigned 'rollerbar', a cylindrical tracking device with twin-eye laser motion sensors (800 to 2400 dpi) built right into the bar itself. The rollerbar works by the user rolling the bar to move the cursor up and down on the screen. To move the cursor left or right, the user simply slides the rollerbar side to side. The 7SENSES tracking technology adjusts cursor speed and acceleration to best suit your movements.
- Six Hall Effect Sensors: In order that cursor movement remain centered throughout usage, there are in addition to the twin-eyed laser motion sensors six Hall Effect sensors located in the rollerbar to assist in end detection, automatically shifting the cursor's speed and acceleration so that the cursor remains as centrally located as possible to minimize movement left and right.
- Rollerbar Click Force Adjustments: The click force of the rollerbar can now be changed by combination button pressing, making use of the new Hall Effect sensors inside the rollerbar. There are five settings available, so that you can have your rollerbar click after more or less force has been applied to it.
- Palm Supports: The RollerMouse Red also comes with removable leatherette palm supports that relieve stress on the wrists while typing and using the rollerbar. These supports can be removed for cleaning, or when not needed or wanted.
- Easy to Use Keyboard “Lifters”: Ultra-slim keyboards are becoming increasing popular, so Contour Design has included two keyboard lifters that allow one to change the height and angle of the keyboard. There are three heights to choose from: low (flat), high (flat), and sloping down and away from the user (negative slope).
- Plug and Play Connectivity for both PC and Mac Computers: HID compliant device has the drivers “on board” and simply needs to be plugged into any empty USB port, without the need for a cumbersome connection routine.
- Eight Button Functions: There are two easy options to perform a “left click.” Either push down on the navigation bar itself, or click on the large left button in the button control area. Other button functions include a traditional “right click” button, a single touch “double click” button, a scroll wheel, a cursor speed button, “one touch” copy and “one touch” paste, as well as a middle click or 'autoscroll'.
- Cursor Speed Selection: The RollerMouse Re:d has 5 different cursor speed settings selected by a control button with five indicator lights. The dpi settings are: 800, 1000, 1200, 1600, and 2400.
- Programmable Driver: Although the RollerMouse Re:d works plug and play, you can reprogram the buttons if the standard ones do not meet your needs by downloading the programmable driver from the Contour Design website.
- 'Click' Sound Adjustabilily: The six Hall Effect sensors mentioned above also allow the user to control the sound volume of the clicking action of the rollerbar, since the older mechanical click has been replaced with the clicking sound generated by a solenoid inside the rollerbar. If desired, this clicking sound can be turned off completely, or adjusted to the user's comfort level.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Contour Design RollerMouse Red
Contour Design RollerMouse Red
RollerMouse Red Features Thicker Rollerbar With Textured Surface
RollerMouse Red Can be Used With or Without the Padded Palm Supports
Contour Design RollerMouse Red Includes Risers to Elevate Low-Profile Keyboards
Contour Design RollerMouse Red Key Functions
Customize Your Contour Design RollerMouse Red
Contour Design: ArmSupport Red Accessory
RollerMouse Red PLUS with Extra-Deep Palm Supports
RollerMouse Red Keyboard Risers in Place
New 3D Interactive Virtual Product
- RollerMouse Red User Manual: PDF
Width: 16.0" (40.7 cm)
Depth (front to back)
- Without pads: 3.25" (8.2 cm)
- With pads: 3.9" (10.0 cm)
Height: 0.9" (2.3 cm)
- Weight: 1.65 lbs (.75 kg)
- Rollerbar Width: 7.1" (18.0 cm)
- Rollerbar Thickness: 0.8" (2.0 cm)
- Palm Support Depth: 2.9" (7.3 cm)
- Rollerbar Clickable: Yes
- Adjustable Click Force: Yes
- Cursor Speed Resolution: 800, 1000, 1200, 1600, 2400 dpi
- Number of Buttons: 8 (including scroll wheel
- Clickable Scroll Wheel: Yes
- Removable Palm Supports: Yes
- RollerWave2 Accessory: No
- Compatibility: Plug and play for all OSes listed:
PC: All Windows OSes
Mac: OSX, Apple Mac OS 8.1 or newer
- Interface: USB
- Programmable Driver: Downloadable driver available for:
Windows XP, Vista, 2000, 7, 8, 10 (32 & 64 bit versions)
Mac OS X (OSX 10.8 or newer)
- Warranty: 2 years
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|RM-RED|| RollerMouse Red|
|RM-RED-PLUS|| RollerMouse Red with extra deep Palm Supports|
|ULT-RM-RED|| Ultimate RollerMouse Bundle - RollerMouse Red, with Balance Keyboard SAVE $20.00|
|ULT-RM-RED-PLUS|| Ultimate RollerMouse Bundle - RollerMouse Red Plus, with Balance Keyboard SAVE $20.00|
|RM-AS-RED|| Contour Design ArmSupport Red with cutout for use with RollerMouse Red.|