Page last updated: Fri, 16-Feb-2018 15:42:34
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
InsTand Sit/Stand Laptop Standby Carliss Industries
| Additional Resources Usage Tips |
The CR3 Instand Sit/Stand Laptop Stand from Carliss is a portable, stable and highly durable laptop stand. The 19" to 41" height-adjustment range also ensures the user can find the optimal height at which to work while sitting or standing. Quality building materials make this laptop stand one of the best laptop stands available, with applications including healthcare, journalism, onsite inspections, and stage performing. The patented ergonomic tilt feature allows viewing at angles more suitable for comfort, while the SureGrip surface on the 11" x 13" aluminum tray ensures that any laptop is securely positioned on the tray and prevented from sliding off at medium to high angles. When collapsed for transport, the CR3 tripod is easily stored in the provided compact 2" x 18.5" carry bag.
Provides a Better Worksurface than the Lap of a User
- Laptops were designed to be compact and portable. However, they were never designed with ergonomics in mind. Although users can fit a laptop on their lap, a laptop should not be used on the lap. This is due not only to the poor positioning of the screen but also because the heat generated from the laptop will build up if the cooling vent is blocked, causing comfort issues or perhaps even burns to the legs. For any of these reasons, it is better for the laptop to have its own dedicated stand or platform.
Adjustable Height Range
- For sitting or standing applications, the CR3 provides ample height-range adjustability - from 19" to 41" off the floor. This ensures that the user always has the ability to choose the most optimal height for using the laptop.
Easily Portable and Compact
- Just as the laptop itself is compact and portable by design, so should the stand on which it sits be compact and portable, especially when the user will be working and moving from place to place. The CR3 can easily be folded and stored when it needs to be transported, even coming with its own carry bag. The lightweight material of the CR3 makes transporting it easier as well.
Positions Laptop Screen and Separate Keyboard Optimally
- On laptops, the screen and built-in keyboard are joined at the hinge, making either typing or looking at the screen awkward and potentially injurious over long periods of usage. If an ergonomic workstation is the goal, the separate monitor or a separate keyboard is a necessity, so that either of these can be better positioned relative to the other. In the case of the CR3, getting a secondary compact keyboard is the easiest and most affordable option. The CSK-CT1 Side Tray accessory simply attaches to the aluminum tripod of the CR3, on which you can place a suitable compact keyboard, so that it is sufficiently lower than the screen on the laptop. This will ensure better ergonomics when using a laptop for longer periods of time.
- For a bit more adjustability, the CR3 has tilting capabilities built into the tripods feet, so that you can adjust the worksurface angle from 0° to 8° in three increments.
- Adjustable Height Range: The 19" to 41" range of the telescoping tripod column is sufficient to ensure correct worksurface height for either sitting or standing applications.
- Holds Most Laptop Sizes: The 11" by 13" CT4 tray that comes with the CR3 is ideally sized to hold most laptops, even if they are slightly larger in width. As long as the laptop is centered where the tripod attaches to the tray, the center of balance will help keep the laptop stable on the stand. This also allows the tray to remain compact and portable.
- Prevents Laptop from Slipping: Users are sometimes worried that their laptop will fall off the tray, especially if the stand is bumped and tipped slightly in one direction. The SureGrip pad on every Instand tray prevents just such accidents from happening, as the non-slip surface provides sufficient resistance against slippage when the full weight of the laptop presses down on it. There is no additional need for clumsy mechanical attachments, gluing, taping, etc.
- Quick and Easy Setup: With just two basic components&emdash;the height-adjustable foldable tripod and removable tray&emdash;setup time is minimal. The user only has to unfold the tripod feet and attach the tray by spinning it onto the head of the tripod. Height adjustment is just as easy; simply turn the release knob, raise or lower the pole to your ideal height, and tighten up again.
- Durable Construction: Made of anodized aircraft grade aluminum (and composites), the CR3 is sturdy and durable enough to last for years without compromising the safety of laptops.
- Compact and Portable: The simple design of the CR3 means that disassembling the tray from the tripod, folding it up, and placing it in its carry bag can be done in seconds. No detailed instructions are necessary.
- Lightweight: Because the CR3 is made of aluminum with smaller parts in plastic, weight is never an issue. At only 22 oz, the tripod itself is extremely light.
- Optional Add-on Accessories: There are several optional accessories to make the CR3 even more versatile and configurable, including other tray sizes beside the included 11" x 13" tray, a palm rest accessory for supporting palms while typing on the laptop keyboard, and the SideKick with Tray, allowing a secondary compact keyboard to be attached to the tripod for better ergonomic benefits.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
InsTand Sit/Stand Laptop Stand - in use, standing
InsTand Sit/Stand Laptop Stand - with wrist support
InsTand Sit/Stand Laptop Stand - different accessores
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|CR3|| Sit/Stand model|
|STR|| Palm rest|
|CSK-CT1|| Side tray|