Page last updated: Mon, 16-Oct-2017 16:10:45
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
| Accessories |
The Webble from BriteObjects combines iconic design with innovative features to create a unique and highly functional foot rest. The four casters let the Webble effortlessly follow the feet as the user changes position, making it especially useful at L-shaped stations which might otherwise require two separate foot rests. The Webble employs a patented mesh membrane tensioned over a padded open frame to create a "hammocking" effect which gently cradles the feet, making it exceptionally comfortable for use without footwear. Spring suspension further enhances the comfort provided by the tensioned membrane.
The Webble moves freely for most applications, however a safety brake feature engages when weight of 60 lbs or more is placed on the foot rest.
Reduces Risk to Lower Back
- Users who work at multiple positions on their desk may need to move traditional footrests when they transition between stations. This can require bending and reaching below the desk to retrieve and reposition the foot rest. The Webble addresses this by letting them effortlessly roll the foot rest to where it is needed next.
Can Improve Mental Focus
- Some workers need to "move" in order to maintain a sharper focus. The Webble is an ideal solution for this type of person, letting them freely move their feet and legs even while remaining seated at their workstation.
Can Reduce Potential Pressure and Restriction of Circulation
- Blood circulation around the lower thighs can be impeded when a person is sitting on a seatpan without sufficient support for the lower legs and feet. This can also often happen when a user tilts their chair backward (bringing up the front edge of the seatpan) which users often address by sliding forward on the seat pan and losing the benefit of any lumbar support on the chair. The weight of the lower legs and feet will create a pinch point towards the front of the seatpan, and this will reduce blood flow in the lower thighs, causing overall pain and fatigue in the lower thighs and legs. This often happens because the chair is too high. A foot rest such as the Webble can help reduce this strain by supporting the feet on a raised platform, allowing blood to circulate better throughout the legs and feet.
Increased Blood Flow and Circulation
- The ability to freely roll the Webble, combined with the inherent characteristic of a tensioned membrane providing a degree of "spring", encourages users to shift their feet throughout the day. This movement promotes improved circulation in the feet and legs of users.
Reduces Strain on the Foot and Ankle
- Many office workers sit with one foot forward of the other, putting the foot into a position called plantarflexion. Plantarflexion shortens the muscles of the backs of the legs. Over time, sustained plantarflexion can cause the calf muscles to become tight and stiff which, in turn, can lead to a range of uncomfortable symptoms in the foot. The tensioned membrane on the Webble provides a cradle which comfortably suspends the heel, permitting users to freely flex their ankles. This healthy movement at the joint can reduce strain caused by sustained plantarflexion or dorsiflexion. The frequent small movements also promote better circulation, helping to reduce the risk of blood clots and varicose veins.
Improves Upper Body Posture
- The Webble provides users with a comfortable and supportive surface that encourages them to correctly utilize the back of their chair rather than "perching" on the front edge of their seat. This improved posture can reduce the risk of upper back, shoulder and neck pain.
- Comfortable Surface: The padded outer frame provides support for the tensioned membrane, creating a hammock-like centre which suspends the feet. The tension of the membrane introduces a springing effect which makes the Webble exceptionally comfortable for use without footwear. Many users may find that they will want to let their heels settle into the centre due to the great degree of comfort.
- Breathable: The open mesh surface breathes freely, meaning that users who prefer to work without footwear will not find themselves with sweaty feet from resting against the more common plastic or rubberized surfaces of traditional foot rests.
- Spring Suspension: The Webble features genuine spring suspension in the casters which further enhances the effect that the tensioned membrane provides.
- Effortlessly Movable: The convenient casters mean that users can casually shift the Webble while they work, or easily move it between work areas.
- Stylish: Not only is the Webble a practical and effective foot rest, it also blends well into any workspace. With four colours (Black, Blue, Red, and Silver) available users are able to select the one which best accents their workspace or reflects their personal preferences.
- Safety Lock: In order to ensure that users do not try to "ride" the Webble there is a safety lock which engages when more than 60 lbs of weight are rested on the Webble.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Webble Foot Rest
Webble - Stop Mechanism
Webble - In Locked Position
Webble - Comfortable With or Without Footwear
Webble- Bottom Side
Webble - Available in 4 Striking Colours
- Width: 19.5" (49.5 cm)
- Depth (front to back): 11.2" (28.4 cm)
- Height: 4.6" (11.7 cm)
- Available Colours: Black, Silver, Red, Blue
- Weight Require to Engage Anti-Ride Feature: 60 lbs (27.2 kg)
- Ensure that the Webble will position your feet at an appropriate height. If the Webble will not provide sufficient height it may be best to consider an alternative foot rest capable of providing the additional height.
- Change the position of your feet on a regular basis throughout the day. The Webble offers multiple contoured support locations for resting the feet which can transfer pressure throughout the entire foot.
- MOVE the Webble. The greatest benefits of the Webble can only be achieved if you actually move it around. Back and forth, side to side, or around in circles - all of these are activities which will encourage circulation in the legs. Improved circulation is health for the body and also for the brain. You may well notice an improvement in your ability to focus on your work as more oxygen gets to your brain.
- If you work at different positions on your workstation make a point of rolling the Webble between areas as you shift. If you need a footrest at one position you most likely should have it at the other.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|WEBBLE-B|| Webble Foot Rest, Black Body, Black Cushion, Black Mesh, Previous Generation Packaging|
|W101010201|| Webble Foot Rest, Black Body, Red Cushion, Black Mesh|
|W101010106|| Webble Foot Rest, Black Body, Black Cushion, Blue Mesh|
|W101010105|| Webble Foot Rest, Black Body, Black Cushion, Silver Mesh|
|W101010101|| Webble Foot Rest, Black Body, Black Cushion, Black Mesh|