Page last updated: Tue, 28-Mar-2017 15:14:13
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
Back App 360 Balance Boardby Back App
| Usage Tips Accessories |
The Back App 360 Balance Board provides an innovative means of reducing the potential for standing fatigue by facilitating movement at a standing office workstation. When a user steps onto the board, the unique design forces them to balance their body, resulting in 360° of controlled rocking movements. The desired degree of movement can be adjusted by turning the red knob on the underside of the unit, and is always a smooth controlled movement due to the rubber damping ring on the underside of the unit. This balance training activity can greatly reduce soreness and fatigue in the legs, ankles and feet arising from standing in a stationary position. The balancing process actively targets affected areas including the foot and leg muscles while naturally facilitating blood flow and nerve circulation. Usage of the Back App 360 stimulates movement in the knee and hip joints and also helps prevent muscle atrophy and inflammation.
For beginners it is recommended to ensure that the red knob is positioned at its lowest setting by twisting it clockwise for stability, then gradually turning it to extend it outwards until the desired level of movement is achieved. For users that prefer variation in their workstation throughout the day, even temporary usage of the 360 Balance Board will achieve this goal. For some users, the easily accessible and configurable movement can be enjoyable, improving their morale and allowing them to be more productive.
The 360 Board platform is 20" wide by 14.2" deep, large enough for most adults to stand on it comfortably. It is composed of recyclable thermo plastics, and comes in Dark Grey and Light Grey colors.
Promotes "Active Standing"
- The movement which the Back App 360 introduces will naturally lead to a user being more "active" while standing. This activity will exercise the joints and muscles of the feet, ankles, legs, knees and hips, improving circulation and posture. Bending the knees during movement will stimulate additional muscles particularly from the thigh to the lower back.
- The continuous activity which users must engage in while standing on the Back App 360 Balance Board naturally lends itself to an improvement in mental focus. The brain remains actively engaged in calculating the degree of response needed to maintain balance, eliminating tendencies towards lethargy.
Avoids the Risk Factors of Standing When Working
- Standing to work is rapidly gaining in popularity due to solid scientific evidence that extended sitting in the traditional office environment greatly increases numerous health risks. Current media coverage which is to a great extent fuelling this movement has almost solely focused on the "benefits" of standing to work, ignoring the equally compelling evidence that extended standing can also be extremely detrimental to one's overall health. Studies have shown that extended standing can result in blood pooling in the lower legs due to the static state of the leg muscles, resulting in edema (swelling of the feet and lower legs) and a corresponding increase in varicose vein problems. This also increases the load on the circulatory system which has to push this pooled blood back out of the legs. There is good evidence that this can exacerbate existing or possibly lead to heart and circulatory problems. Many people who stand extensively, especially on hard floors (concrete, ceramic tile, etc), develop heel problems that can manifest as bone spurs or plantar fasciitis. Standing is also more tiring, something which is has been well-known in industry for many years. While standing does burn more calories it is also rated to consume 20% more energy than sitting which can result in fatigue. Industry has addressed this by providing anti-fatigue mats, anti-fatigue footwear, and chairs to sit on during rest breaks - each of which is aimed to reduce the tiring effects of standing. The Back App 360 enables users to stand for longer periods of time while at the same time reducing their exposure to the risk factors described above. This movement activates the “pumping action” that aids in moving blood from the soles of the feet to the legs, reducing foot fatigue.
- Active Movement: The Back App 360 provides a unique "rocking" or "pivoting" movement which requires users to dynamically adjust to the movement of the board as they are actively engaged to seek a balance point. The degree of movement can be easily adjusted by the user, increasing or decreasing it as desired.
- Adjustable Tilt Range: The knob on the underside of the unit threads into the Back App 360 foot platform. This enables the user to finely adjust the degree of movement for the desired effect. The Back App 360 movement can be increased by moving the turning the knob counter-clockwise or eliminated by turning the knob clockwise until it no longer makes contact with the floor.
- Easy Access Handles: Two convenient handles on either side of the Back App 360 make repositioning or transporting the unit effortless.
- Large Foot Platform for Stability: The durable platform is 20" wide x 14.2" deep, suitable for an adult to stand with their feet set a reasonable distance apart.
- Cushioned "Damping Ring": A rubber "Damping Ring" provides protection for flooring as well as a cushioning effect when the movement reaches the maximum range.
- Sustainably Environmentally Friendly: The Back App 360 is designed with sustainability in mind. It is composed of recyclable thermo plastics allowing it to be recycled appropriately when the product reaches its end of life.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Back App 360 Balance Board - Dark Grey
Back App 360 Balance Board in Use
Back App 360 Balance Board - Underside
Back App 360 Balance Board - Easy Adjustment of Movement Range
Light Grey Back App 360 Balance Board - Damping Ring
Back App 360 Balance Board Creates Beneficial Movement
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|8000-7021|| Back App 360 Balance Board, Dark Grey|
|8000-7037|| Back App 360 Balance Board, Light Grey|