| Additional Resources Accessories |
The Under Desk Mouse Tray from Aidata is a convenient storable mousing surface which can be attached to most desk or table surfaces. The mousing surface sits about 2.2" below the top surface of the desk and at approximately 7.5" in diameter is able to accommodate most conventional mice. The pivoting design enables users to "bring" the mouse out from the desk towards themselves, reducing the need to maintain a forward reach or stretch to access the mouse. This mouse tray can also be of benefit to users who have very limited space for their keyboard by providing an alternate location for the mouse.
*For more details on this see the Usage Tips Section on the Detailed Specifications page.
Reduces Overreach Outside of Comfort Zone
- By enabling users to pivot the mouse out and towards their body they are able to bring their arm into a more natural alignment where the elbow is positioned directly below the shoulder.
Learn More about Overreaching Outside the Comfort Zone.
Reduces the Risk of Neck and Shoulder RSI
- Repeatedly overreaching to access a mouse which is positioned too high, or too far forward or to the side can result in damage to the shoulder joint as well as to the supporting muscles and ligaments for this joint. Positioning the mouse within the Comfort Zone can greatly reduce the potential for developing this type of injury.
- Storable: The pivoting design of the Under Desk Mouse Tray means that it can easily be stored out of the way, similar to the manner in which keyboard trays can be stored.
Note: Be sure to remove vertically oriented mice prior to storing the tray.
- 360° Rotation: The simple pivoting design means that users can easily position the tray to a location which is most comfortable at any specific moment.
- Fits Most Desks: The Under Desk Mouse Tray can be mounted on desks up to 1.57" thick.
- Convenient Cable Clip: To ensure that wired mice are not accidentally knocked to the floor the tray on the Under Desk Mouse Tray is equipped with a convenient cable clip. When correctly employed this ensures that even if the mouse is accidently knocked off of the tray it will be caught by the cord rather than striking the floor.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Under Desk Mouse Tray
Under Desk Mouse Tray - Pivot to Store
Under Desk Mouse Tray - Usage
- Width: 7.75" (19.7 cm)
- Depth (front to back): 7.5" (19.0 cm)
- Height of Mousing Surface Below Desk Surface: 2.1875" (5.6 cm)
- Rotation: 360°
- Maximum Desk Thickness: 1.57" (4.0 cm)
- Warranty: 90 Days (Manufacturer Direct)
- Package Contents: Under Desk Mouse Tray
- The Under Desk Mouse Tray is best used with traditional lower profile mousing devices. The limited dimensions of the mousing surface and the fact that it can shift position from the pivot point means that usage of mousing products which required movement of the entire arm may not be practical. This would include mice such as the Handshoe Mouse, the OrthoMouse and the Penguin Ambidextrous Vertical Mouse.
- The ability to pivot the mouse "out" towards oneself means that a user can keep their arm positioned in a more relaxed and natural alignment. Optimum positioning for extended mousing would be with the elbow situated almost directly below the shoulder. In this position the muscles of the arm and shoulder are the most relaxed.
- When determining whether the Under Desk Mouse Tray is suitable to your needs evaluate whether you will have your wrist in "extension" while using it Extension of the wrist can occur with both keyboard and mouse usage. If the mouse is positioned too low the risk of developing RSI is increase and you may be better off considering alternative solutions.
Learn More About Wrist Extension.
- If using a mouse with more vertical orientation remember to move the mouse to the desk surface prior to pivoting the tray for storage. This will ensure that your mouse is not accidentally relocated to the floor.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|UM003B|| Under Desk Mouse Tray, Black|