| Additional Resources Usage Tips Accessories |
The Rocking Footrest employs a sturdy minimalist design and high-impact plastic construction to provide a dynamic footrest without the risk of breakage created by moving parts. The curved base provides effortless movement to accommodate the desired angle at the ankle, including a rocking movement. (Note: The platform cannot be locked in position). The base also features rubber padded feet to keep the footrest from moving during the rocking motion. The platform is 17.7" x 13.8" and is textured with lateral ridges to reduce the possibility of the feet slipping off the platform.
Reduces Strain on the Foot and Ankle
- Many office workers sit with one foot forward of the other, putting the foot into a position called plantarflexion. Plantarflexion shortens the muscles of the backs of the legs. Over time, sustained plantarflexion can cause the calf muscles to become tight and stiff which, in turn, can lead to a range of uncomfortable symptoms in the foot. The non-locking platform on the Rocking Footrest permits users to flex the ankle joint easily in a back and forth rocking motion. This healthy movement at the joint can reduce strain caused by sustained plantarflexion, or sustained dorsiflexion. The frequent small movements also promote better circulation, helping to reduce the risk of blood clots and varicose veins.
Reduces Strain on Lower Thighs
- Blood circulation around the lower thighs can be impeded when a person is sitting on a seatpan without sufficient support for the lower legs and feet. The weight of the lower legs and feet will create a pinch point towards the front of the seatpan, and this will reduce blood flow in the lower thighs, causing overall pain and fatigue in the lower thighs and legs. This often happens because the chair is too high. Foot rests like the Rocking Footrest help reduce this strain by supporting the feet on a raised platform, thereby allowing blood to circulate better throughout the legs and feet.
Improves Upper Body Posture
- The Rocking Footrest provides users with a stable and supportive surface that encourages them to correctly utilize the back of their chair rather than "perching" on the front edge of their seat. This improved posture can reduce the risk of upper back, shoulder and neck pain. The movement range of the Rocking Footrest ensures that even those of shorter stature can reap these benefits.
- Non-Locking, Tilting Platform: Practically ensures continuous movement at the ankles and promotes circulation throughout the work day at angles up to 20° forward and back.
- Large Platform: The large 17.75" x 13.75" surface on the Rocking Footrest provides sufficient surface for larger feet.
- Textured, Comfort Surface: Raised non-slip horizontal lines on the Rocking Footrest aid in maintaining foot position and can provide a massaging effect for feet.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Aidata Rocking Footrest
Aidata Rocking Footrest Encourages Movement
- Dimensions: Platform 45.0 cm x 35.0 cm (17.7" x 13.8")
- Minimum Height: 9.2cm (3.6")
- Maximum Height: 17.5cm (6.89")
- Angle Adjustability: ± 30°
- Colour: Black
- Material: Plastic
- Weight: 1.361 kg (3 lbs)
- Included in the Box: Footrest (1 piece, pre-assembled)
- Warranty: 90 days. Manufacturer direct only.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|FR007|| Aidata Rocking Footrest|