| Additional Resources Accessories |
The Innovative Footrest from Aidata incorporates all the important aspects of an ergonomic foot rest into a simple, graceful design. The frame, supports and platform are made with sturdy, high-impact plastic. Rubber pads on the supports keep the foot rest in place beneath the desk, and the platform is covered with textured rubber to prevent the feet from slipping on its surface. The rubberized portion of the platform measures approximately 16" by 10.5". The platform is also height-adjustable, from 3.5" to 5.5" high, and is non-locking to allow users to vary the angle of support as much and as often as desired.
Reduces Strain on Lower Thighs
- Blood circulation around the lower thighs can be impeded when a person is sitting on a seatpan without sufficient support for the lower legs and feet. The weight of the lower legs and feet will create a pinch point towards the front of the seatpan, and this will reduce blood flow in the lower thighs, causing overall pain and fatigue in the lower thighs and legs. This often happens because the chair is too high. Foot rests like the Innovative Footrest help reduce this strain by supporting the feet on a raised platform, thereby allowing blood to circulate better throughout the legs and feet.
Reduces Strain on the Foot and Ankle
- Many office workers sit with one foot forward of the other, putting the foot into a position called plantarflexion. Plantarflexion shortens the muscles of the backs of the legs. Over time, sustained plantarflexion can cause the calf muscles to become tight and stiff which, in turn, can lead to a range of uncomfortable symptoms in the foot. The non-locking platform on the Innovative Footrestpermits users to flex the ankle joint easily back and forth. This healthy movement at the joint can reduce strain caused by sustained plantarflexion, or sustained dorsiflexion. The frequent small movements also promote better circulation, helping to reduce the risk of blood clots and varicose veins.
Improves Upper Body Posture
- The Innovative Footrest provides users with a stable and supportive surface that encourages them to correctly utilize the back of their chair rather than "perching" on the front edge of their seat. This improved posture can reduce the risk of upper back, shoulder and neck pain. The movement range of the Innovative Footrest ensures that even those of shorter stature can reap these benefits.
- Wide Range of Height Adjustment: The wide range of vertical adjustment offered by the Innovative Footrest makes it well-suited for most users, even shorter individuals.
- Non-Locking, Tilting Platform: Encourages movement at the ankles and promotes circulation throughout the work day.
- Large Platform: The large 18" x 13.5" surface on the Innovative Foot Rest provides sufficient surface for larger feet.
- Textured, Comfort Surface: Raised non-slip rubberized bumps on the Innovative Footrest aid in maintaining foot position and can provide a massaging effect for feet.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Innovative Foot Rest - Angled View
Innovative Foot Rest - Showing Foot Platform Tilt
Innovative Foot Rest - Showing Foot Platform Height Adjustment
- Platform Dimensions: 18" (46 cm) Wide x 13.5" (34 cm) Deep
- Rubberized Surface Dimensions: 16" (41 cm) Wide x 10.5" (27 cm) Deep
- Platform Height Range: 3.5" (9 cm) to 5.5" (14 cm)
- Colour: Black
- Warranty: 90 days. Manufacturer Direct Only.
- Package Contents: Foot Rest
- Make an effort to determine your correct height. Ensure that your feet are supported at a height suitable to your position in the chair when you are sitting upright. You should be able to rest your feet on the footrest without tilting the chair forward or having to stretch for the footrest. Alternatively, it should not be too high as this can which can lift the thighs off the seatpan of the chair.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|FR-1002RG|| Innovative Footrest|