| Additional Resources |
The Flip & Find Flex Arm Desk Clamp Reference Organizer from Aidata is a versatile, adjustable, and expandable reference organizer which clamps to any surface up to 6 cm (2.36") in thickness. The adjustable arm floats the conveniently angled reference organizer above the desk for easy access and storage.
The adjustable arm offers a significant range of movement, rotating 360°, providing vertical range up to 16" above the mounting location and horizontal extension up to 24". This provides quick and easy access to reference materials, as it can adjust to the optimal height and position for a wide range of users. Included with the unit are 10 double-sided 8.5" x 11" document display panels and 10 index tabs. The display panels are double sided anti-glare transparent sheaths with a semi-rigid edge to protect reference materials from spills, dust and oils/grime which will otherwise often accumulate on frequently handled papers. The extra weight and rigidity afforded by the panels makes it easier to Flip through the materials and Find the desired information efficiently. Expansion modules can be purchased to add an additional 10 or 20 viewing panels, bringing the total page capacity up to 60 pages.
Eliminates Unnecessary Mouse Clicking and Keyboard Entry
- Repeatedly accessing stored data on a computer can result in unnecessary repetitive clicking and keyboard entry. Gathering data which is repeatedly referenced and storing it in a single place where it can be quickly accessed without the need to click through folder levels can reduce the risk of RSI and at the same time reduce the time required to access the data. The Flip & Find Flex Arm Desk Clamp Reference Organizer is designed to accomplish this practical task with the flick of a finger.
Offers Load Balancing
- Accessing data via a Reference Organizer serves to break up the repetitive tasks of constant computer work - providing a limited degree of load balancing as the user moves out of a static data entry position and engages their arm to move the display panels.
Reduces Strain on the Muscles of the Upper Back and Neck
- The Flip & Find Flex Arm Desk Clamp Reference Organizer positions materials at a convenient 55° angle well-suited to viewing from both seated and standing positions. This angle greatly reduces the degree to which the neck must be bent for optimum viewing of documents. This decreases the potential for strain at the back of the neck and in the upper back as the head can now be held in a much more neutral position thereby reducing the risk of repetitive strain injuries (RSI) and headaches.
Helps to Reduce Eye Strain
- Viewing documents at an angle approximately perpendicular to the line of sight eliminates the perspective distortion created when documents are laid flat upon the surface. This means that the eyes are not required to be constantly changing focus while moving up or down the page which can significantly decrease the risk of fatigue to the muscles of the eyes. The 55° angle at which the Flip & Find Flex Arm Desk Clamp Reference Organizer places documents makes it very suitable for addressing these concerns.
- Viewing materials with perspective distortion requires the brain to process more data in order to compensate and interpret the data correctly. This is especially valid when viewing written documents laid flat on a work surface. Since more concentration and effort is required to accurately comprehend the content both the speed at which content can be read as well as the level of comprehension are improved when material is oriented closer to the plane perpendicular to the line of sight.
- Because the Flip & Find Flex Arm Desk Clamp Reference Organizer can extend towards the user they are not required to hold their arms in suspension while reaching to access materials. The flex arm feature enables a user to position the reference materials close when needed and then pivot it out of the way or swing it up to clear the workspace.
- Anti-Glare Viewing Panels: The anti-glare finish on the viewing panels ensures that users can view data without the distraction and eyestrain created by glare.
- Supports Viewing of up to 20 Documents: The Flip & Find Flex Arm Desk Clamp Reference Organizer includes 10 document viewing panels, each able to accommodate back-to-back or two-sided documents for up to 20 pages of viewable data.
- Expandable: The Flip & Find Flex Arm Desk Clamp Reference Organizer can be expanded from the basic 10 viewing panels by adding on one or two of the FDS001-10L 10-pack refill accessory. Using this expansion kit can expand the capacity to 20 or 30 viewing panels able to display up to 40 or 60 pages of information respectively. Note: The Flex Arm tension will need to be adjusted when additional modules are added.
- Eliminates Desk Clutter: The convenient flex-arm feature means that the Flip & Find Flex Arm Desk Clamp Reference Organizer has an exceptionally limited desk footprint (about a 3" square) at the edge of the desk. Even when positioned at the lowest setting the organizer sits over 2.5" above the desk surface, ensuring freedom of movement and access at any time. When stored in the "upright" position that clearance increases to 13.5" with the documents positioned directly above the mounting clamp.
- Convenient Grip Bar: The Flip & Find Flex Arm Desk Clamp Reference Organizer has a Grip Bar which enables users to quickly grasp and draw the unit towards themselves or to move it out of the way when desired.
- Adjustable Counterbalance: The Flex Arm has an adjustable counterbalance feature which means that it remains in position where desired yet can be moved with minimal effort. Tension is adjustable so if expansion units are attached the tension can be adjusted to compensate for the increase in weight.
- Easy Content Changeover: For the ultimate in convenience Flip & Find viewing panels are easily removed for document changeover or rearrangement. Packs of replacement panels can be purchased as needed.
- Computer-Free Data Access: The Flip & Find Flex Arm Desk Clamp Reference Organizer provides rapid data reference without the need of a computer.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Flip & Find Flex Arm Desk Clamp Reference Organizer
Flip & Find Flex Arm Desk Clamp Reference Organizer Offers Extended Reach
- Clearance Above Mounting Point:
Minimum: 2.5" (6.4 cm)
Maximum: 13.5" (34.3 cm)
- Extension Range From Mounting Point: Up to 24" (61.0 cm)
- Rotation Range: 360°
- Mounting Clamp Capacity: 2.36" (6.0 cm)
- Document Capacity:
Basic Configuration: 10 Viewing Panels (20 pages of material)
Expanded Configuration: 20 or 30 Viewing Panels (40 - 60 pages of material)
Note: See Accessories for Expansion Modules with Additional Viewing Panels
- Orientation: Portrait
- Tilt: 35° from vertical
- Weight: 7 lbs (3.18 kg)
- Warranty: 1 Year, Manufacturer Direct
- Package Contents: Flip & Find Flex Arm Desk Clamp Reference Organizer, 10 Document Viewing Panels, 10 Index Tabs, User Guide
- Assembly Time: 5 minutes
- Tool Required: Small Phillips Screwdriver (for installation of expansion modules)
- Flip & Find Quick Reference Systems are ideal for situations where specific pieces of data are accessed on a regular basis. Equipping a workstation with this type of reference can greatly reduce the frequency with which a user is required to break out of the work they are currently occupied with in order to access information which is not easily kept in memory. Not only can it improve the speed with which they are able to respond to inquiries, it can also improve overall performance since the user, having never changed computer screens, can immediately return to the task they had been occupied with.
- Use the Flip & Find to store lists of commonly accessed data such as phone numbers, addresses, and pricelists which need to be referenced on a regular basis. It can also serve well in settings where safety protocols or policies may need to be readily available to multiple users. A quick flip to the appropriate page lets users quickly access the necessary data without having to reference their computer and thereby interrupt the work that they may have been completing.
- While it is commonly believed that users can access data faster on a computer this is generally not the case with commonly recalled information. Once data of this sort is properly summarized and listed for presentation via a product such as the Flip & Find devices, a competent user can access the required data within seconds. It also permits others to access the data themselves, without interrupting others.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|FDS010L|| Flip & Find Flex Arm Desk Clamp Reference Organizer|
|FDS001-10L|| Aidata Flip and Find Reference Organizer/ Display Document Holder 10-Pack Display Panel Refill Accessory, 8.5" x 11", Charcoal 22.50|
|FDS006L|| Flip & Find Wall Mounted Expandable Reference Organizer|