Page last updated: Fri, 19-Jan-2018 14:18:22
ErgoCanada - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
DigiMemo Digital Writing Padby ACECAD
| Ergonomic Benefits Additional Resources Usage Tips |
The DigiMemo is the ultimate enabling technology - write or sketch out your ideas on paper, and when you're done, don't worry about the paper - just upload the information to your computer, and reproduce or edit it whenever desired!The DigiMemo is a stand-alone device with
storage capability that digitally captures
and stores everything you write or draw
with ink on ordinary paper, without the use
of computer and special paper. Then you can
easily, view, edit, organize and share your
handwritten notes in Windows. Utilizing the
electromagnetic technology, it allows you
to affix any ordinary papers or notepad (up
to 5.9" x 9.1" (15.0 cm x 23.2 cm)) on the digital pad and write with ink. Without changing the way you work, it writes as well as a ballpoint pen on ordinary paper, but also digitally records your notes, ideas, drawings, sketches and flowcharts in the pad's 32 MB flash memory or optional Compact Flash (CF) card in real time. DigiMemo enables you to work in ways that you are familiar with, the ease of use and convenience of pen and paper.
- Natural pen and paper feel: The DigiMemo integrates the familiarity of pen-on-paper feel. It's a digital notepad with an electronic inking pen that feels and works as well as a regular pen and paper. It lets you to naturally write as you usually do with a regular pen on paper.
- Digitally capture and store everything you write on paper in real time: On the road, in class or during meeting, for fun or for work, the DigiMemo instantly captures and stores your notes, ideas, sketches, flowcharts and anything else in digital format in the pad's flash memory or optional CF card, without the use of computers and special papers.
- Write through almost 0.47" (1.2 cm) thickness of papers: No special papers needed! Utilizing the electromagnetic technology, it lets you put any ordinary papers on the pad and use the inking pen to write directly on papers. Even the thickness of papers laid on the pad is 0.47" (1.2 cm); your handwritten notes can still be captured and stored in the memory of DigiMemo.
- Expandable memory capacity: Depending on the memory size, the DigiMemo is empowered to manage and store up to 999 pages. Its built-in 32 MB flash memory can save up to160 sheets of notepad completely filled. Additionally, it enables you to increase the memory capacity by a supplemental CF card.
- Portable, Compact, Ultra-Thin, Lightweight, Battery-Operated: The digital pad is operated by 4 AAA alkaline batteries, yet its total weight including the batteries is less than 1.24 lbs (562 grams). The digital pad weights an ultra light 1.13 lbs (512 grams) without batteries and is designed in an appropriate size (overall dimension about A4 size), allowing it to be effortlessly held in one hand or in the lap and easily fitted into a briefcase, portfolio and any standard laptop bag. Its compact dimensions and ergonomic design allow it to be easily operated while you're standing, sitting or reclining.
- Electronic inking pen: With the elegant and ultra-thin design, the pen writes as well as any regular ink pen. The ink cartridge (standard refill type: 67 mm length x 2.3 mm diameter), is easily replaceable and purchased at any stationary stores. Utilizing low power consumption design, it enables the pen (with type 377 or SR-626 button-cell battery) to possess a long lifetime up to 1.5 years.
- Always have a instant digital record of your notes available, even you're on the move: No computer or scanner needed! The innovative DigiMemo can be used to remember what your any ideas, sketches, thoughts, notes whenever you go. It enables your handwritten notes to be saved as digital format in the DigiMemo's flash memory or optional CF card. You immediately get both a digital record and a hardcopy duplicate of your notes. Now you can always have a digital record of your notes available, even when you're at meeting, in class, in a plane or on the road.
- Easily organize your notes on PC: Your digital notes stored in the DigiMemo's flash memory or optional CF card can be read later on a PC for further organizing by a simple connection of DigiMemo to a computer via USB cable. Use the USB cable to connect the digital pad to your computer, or take only optional CF card back to home or office to read your digital notes on a PC. In Windows, with the included edit software (DigiMemo Manager), you can easily view, edit and organize your digital notes or save as a book file (e-Book) and share it with others via e-Mail.
- It's the perfect solution wherever you choose to work (and sure beats jotting down idea on cocktail napkins)!: The DigiMemo allows you to better manage all your handwritten notes more efficiently. With the included software (DigiMemo Manager - screen shot at right), you can easily view, edit and organize your digital notes on a PC individually or save as a book file (e-Book) and share with others via e-Mail.
With DigiMemo, you can have all the benefits of handwritten ink in paper hardcopy and the digital record of the pad's memory or CF card.
Often you can remember what you write three years ago, but you can't remember what you type three days ago. Handwriting can assist in development and retention of ideas, especially while brainstorming. This is why DigiMemo offers advantages over traditional notetaking, use of PDAs or laptops while in meetings.
- Who can use the DigiMemo?: Portable, lightweight and with storage capabilities, the DigiMemo is designed as an optimum device for taking notes and form-filling applications. Occupations that may find it useful include: sales people, consultants, executives, receptionists, secretaries, journalists, designers, engineers, architect, students, and anyone who needs to take notes or keep their immediate ideas, sketches, thoughts and flowcharts wherever they go and whenever they want. It's particularly useful and convenient for mobile professionals to record minutes during meetings, lectures, conferences or anywhere they usually need to take a note.
Not only for applications where jotting notes is needed, the DigiMemo is also the best solution for form-filling application which needs a form hardcopy and digital filling data. Use the inking pen to write or select the checkbox on electronic form paper, the digital data is immediately stored in the DigiMemo's memory. Then, the digital data can be further processed by form application on PC. No retyping or re-scanning is needed. You get not only the hardcopy in paper form but also the digital data.
This device is designed to give users the ability to be more productive and efficient in their daily lives, professional and business fields.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
DigiMemo Digital Writing Pad
DigiMemo Digital Writing Pad - features
DigiMemo Digital Writing Pad - software interface
- Digital pad width: 8.23" (20.9 cm)
- Digital pad depth (front to back): 12.17" (30.9 cm)
- Digital pad thickness: Thinnest point: 0.39" (0.98 cm)
Thickest point: 0.62" (1.57 cm)
- Digital pad weight: With batteries: 1.13 lbs (512 grams)
Without batteries: 1.24 lbs (560 grams)
- Writing area width: 5.9" (15.0 cm)
- Writing area depth (front to back): 9.13" (23.2 cm)
- Writing thickness: 0.47" (1.2 cm)
(approximately 120 sheets
- Notepad holder width: 6.0" (15.0 cm)
- Notepad holder depth (front to back): 9.1" (23.2 cm)
- Max paper width: 6.0" (15.0 cm)
- Max paper depth (front to back): 9.13" (23.2 cm)
- Digital pad storage medium: Built-in 32 MB storage
- Digital pad optional storage medium: Type 1 CompactFlash (CF)
memory card (FAT file
- Digital pad power source: 4 AAA 1.5 volt batteries (Supplied from USB port when connecting the digital pad to PC)
- Digital pad battery life: Approximately 100 hours
- Digital pad voltage: 3 V
- Digital pad current: Approximately 25 mA
- Digital pad power: 75 mW
- Digital pad sleep mode: Automatically sleep function
- Digital pad interface to computer: USB
- Digital pad buttons: 1 power button and 4 function buttons (Page Backward, Page Forward, Erase Page and Next Blank Page)
- Digital pen length: 5.28" (13.4 cm)
- Digital pen diameter: 0.45" (1.13 cm)
- Digital pen weight: 0.48 oz
(13.8 grams) with battery
- Digital pen battery: 1.55 V button-cell battery
(SR626SW, 377 or IEC-SR66)
- Digital pen battery life: Approximately 14 months
- Digital pen ink cartridge length: 2.64" (6.7 cm)
- Digital pen ink cartridge diameter: 0.09" (0.23 cm)
- Included in the box:
- Portable digital pad
- Digital inking pen (DigiPen P100)
- Letter size notepad (already held on digital pad)
- 2 replacement ink cartriges
- 1 plastic pen tip
- USB cable
- 4 AAA batteries
- 1 1.55 V button cell battery
- User's Guide
- Software CD-ROM
- Compatibility: PC: Windows XP, Vista,
Mac: Mac OS X (10.5 or
- Interface: USB (software on CD-ROM)
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|DM-L2|| DigiMemo Digital Writing Pad|
|DM-OCR|| OCR software|
|DM-PF100|| Portfolio case|
|A692-PEN|| Replacement pen|